Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know, I was pretty behind this person judging by the first comic but now it just makes me uncomfortable.
It's not my place to judge since I am no socialite myself but where do you draw the line between introvert and "person who never learned how to interact with people"?

Anyone who engages in... internet introvert culture, or whatever you want to call it almost definitely falls into the latter category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

Anyone who engages in... internet introvert culture, or whatever you want to call it almost definitely falls into the latter category.

Please pay attention to me i'm an introvert

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Nail on the goddamn head.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'm an introvert in rl but all of you on here are my friends even the ones i insult or the ones who insult me and are mean.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

I'm an introvert in rl but all of you on here are my friends even the ones i insult or the ones who insult me and are mean.

Haha, look at this loser!

*shoves u into locker*

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

:(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It never gets old.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

*holds u down and writes DICKWOLVES RULE on your face, plus a couple dicks around your mouth*

I wrote "friends rule" on your face dude :)

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

RareAcumen posted:

It never gets old.

"Gain"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I feel like Ryu's icon being a rubber chicken is a reference to something, but I have no idea what.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Skippy McPants posted:

I feel like Ryu's icon being a rubber chicken is a reference to something, but I have no idea what.

It was one of the default msn messenger icons way back

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

I love the way he types hunt-and-peck style, like computers are this baffling thing to him.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

I love the way he types hunt-and-peck style, like computers are this baffling thing to him.

He still hasn't figured out shoes.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm the tiny-rear end hipster glasses.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone got the comic about the paper cranes handy? The one that ends with "no scabs".

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Jmcrofts posted:

Anyone got the comic about the paper cranes handy? The one that ends with "no scabs".

I don't know what it is about that comic but for some reason it is impossible to Google, I've asked the same question.

I wanna see it too.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

millenials.jpg

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's Bear & Kitten. The site's long gone, but I found it in the last thread:

MrGreenShirt posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
here you guys go.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

There is legit concept art floating around of stairs mimic and bonfire mimic

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What happened to Bear and Kitten by the way? It was adorable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calaveron posted:

The person who drew that made up a couple other ones too.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I want Dark Souls 3 to have an area entirely populated by mimics like this. No direct enemies, just mimics pretending to be everything.

With some legit treasure sprinkled around the place, just to make you actually look.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My DM used one of those once and I fell for it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Does it come with a fake rabbit? Where's the trap part? Why would a role played adventurer want to sit on a stump, ever?

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Calaveron posted:

When Aldia first popped up in DS2 I was convinced I'd just found a bonfire mimic

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Story of my life

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Krinkle posted:

Does it come with a fake rabbit? Where's the trap part? Why would a role played adventurer want to sit on a stump, ever?

A tired one. Otherwise it's a bunny that isn't running away. Who could resist petting a rabbit?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So did anybody ever suggest a mimic mimic?

You thought it was a mimic but it turned out...IT WAS A MIMIC!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It would kind of funny to find a friendly mimic. It sits there, in the open, not pretending to be anything but a mimic, but it's not hostile and just wants you to come this annoying treasure that it's got stuck in its mouth, so it opens up and says "aaah..."

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Calaveron posted:

Not official concept art. Just some guys crazy thoughts. Same guy drew a fextile sentry (boss from no man's wharf) but with two smelter demons.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

rodbeard posted:

My DM used one of those once and I fell for it.

Our DM was a big fan of mimics. Thought we had him figured out until one time he had the treasure inside a chest be the mimic, not the chest itself. :allears:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

poptart_fairy posted:

Our DM was a big fan of mimics. Thought we had him figured out until one time he had the treasure inside a chest be the mimic, not the chest itself. :allears:

I've heard of Trap Mimics before, too. The chest itself isn't a mimic, but it's an obviously "trapped" chest where the trap itself was actually an anglerfish-style bait for the mimic. You go to disarm the trap, realize it's actually flesh, and then suddenly you're ambushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

shut the heck up about roleplaying games you huge nerds

• Locked thread