Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

not really, it's better

I really like Brotherhood and the addition of music (especially that time the ED kicks in during the Al versus Kimbley fight) and the added Hohenheim scene at the end but I feel like I prefer the tone of the FMA manga better?

Like, the manga was good about inserting these sorta humorous bits in plenty of serious / tense scenes, but the show preserves the mood, I guess?

Like, the scene at the end of the series where Olivia is gloating about letting Scar go to give Mustang something worried about is played humorously in the manga but feels less so in Brotherhood.

It's a small thing, admittedly, but it's the kind of thing that I found funny in the manga and liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

not really, it's better and is only the same for like 12ish episodes

Oh wait were you talking about the two animes?

I was mainly speaking in context of the manga and the Brotherhood anime. I never finished the first anime.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VostokProgram posted:

I have yet to encounter a person who could not be convinced by sufficiently giant robots

Unless we're talking robot Jormungandr, well

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

that is the only thing you think is wrong with that?

I have notoriously low standards.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I had a bootleg version of the first FMA that called Fullmetal Alchemist Square Enix so everyone was calling Edward Square Enix.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway i'm glad i won't have to see any more pictures of squid girl wearing a trump hat from now on

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was my first and last foray into bootleg anime DVDs.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I had a bootleg version of the first FMA that called Fullmetal Alchemist Square Enix so everyone was calling Edward Square Enix.

what

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

anyway i'm glad i won't have to see any more pictures of squid girl wearing a trump hat from now on
I'd like to unveil my new avatar

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

lovely quality DVDs with lovely translations bought from a Chinese mall.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

I'd like to unveil my new avatar

that drat snail!!!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

lovely quality DVDs with lovely translations bought from a Chinese mall.

oh i guess you mean subtitles

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The original FMA adaptation is good up until around the time Greed shows up.

FMA: Brotherhood starts getting good when Greed shows up.

The FMA manga is good from start to finish.

Read the manga.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That mall was also where I got my Korean PS2 modded so I could play games from other regions. Cause I was living in Canada.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Read the manga.
the brotherhood dub owns

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Read the manga.

Greed is the best.

I love OG Greed.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XbeVosPszo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Hello fellow FMA bootleg owner.

Endorph posted:

the brotherhood dub owns
This is also true.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's so cold outside help

It's in the sixties.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't have any cool art of the snake girl in Greed's crew so pretend I posted some. Thanks!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
In light of being paid in a few hours for my services of last week, I have pre-ordered Anastasia -Love Laika ver-

She won't be in my possession for more than 3 1/2 months, but it was worth it. Now if I could just get a job overseas, that'd be great.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Strange Quark posted:

It's in the sixties.

switch places?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't have any cool art of the snake girl in Greed's crew so pretend I posted some. Thanks!

wow nice fan art

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

using hatsune miku as the scale, that's amazing

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

It's in the sixties.

you have allowed bad seafood to make a bad joke so I hope that by making this post he will not

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

Dilbert will not be posting with us anymore.

Possibly ever.

Hey at least he managed to do *something*, I should have killed myself years ago and I'm still just too much of a loving coward to do it or even to hurt myself like that, I've been feeling a bit more confident about it lately though so maybe this year, idk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Zyxyz posted:

Hey at least he managed to do *something*, I should have killed myself years ago and I'm still just too much of a loving coward to do it or even to hurt myself like that, I've been feeling a bit more confident about it lately though so maybe this year, idk

get help and stop posting here because all it is doing it allowing you to infinitely loop on putting yourself down

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

and by here I mean the entire internet because you have made it into a box of self hate for yourself and that is bad

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zyxyz posted:

shut the gently caress up!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zyxyz posted:

DON'T loving KILL YOURSELF

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Dryzen posted:

get help and stop posting here because all it is doing it allowing you to infinitely loop on putting yourself down

I'm beyond help, and it'd just be taking time and resources away from people who actually deserve it

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Please listen to Dryzen, it's rare to receive good and earnest advice on a dying comedy forum

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zyxyz posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zyxyz posted:

I'm beyond help, and it'd just be taking time and resources away from people who actually deserve it

Dryzen posted:

Dryzen posted:

and by here I mean the entire internet because you have made it into a box of self hate for yourself and that is bad

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So, idols.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zyxyxz posts exactly like my friend does on tumblr sometimes, which has be Concerned.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

YIKES

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I might get a chance to see the Iowa this weekend, want me to take pics for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Well!

• Locked thread