Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

YggiDee posted:

I hope quadruple wielding is even a fraction of the nonsense it sounds like. Like, triple wielding you could have the third weapon in your teeth or something, but how in the gently caress are you doing four? Do you just carry another character, who also has two weapons?

Something like this, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What is *The* Broken Job combo?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

One of them is groupcast all/spellcraft on a red mage/time mage. You groupcast reraise and cast raise mist before aspir hammering your mana back. The opposing party has to literally kill your party entirely twice to kill you.

For another one: Meteor + the Spellcraft modifier Rain. If you also have someone with Ventriloquism, you could set up 3 peeps with Time Magic, put Ventriloquism and Spellcraft on one of them, put something else on the rest, then when you start a battle, have the guy with Ventriloquism set up Meteor + Rain + two more Meteors and have the rest brave 4x Meteors. Precious few will survive.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

For another one: Meteor + the Spellcraft modifier Rain.

Ah, yeah. I remember making judicious use of that in another game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What is *The* Broken Job combo?

1x Knight/Templar going full defense. (give it Ventriloquism and I think Spellcraft)
3x Ghosted Yokai/Time Mage, which can do all the necessary debuffs, buffs and echo Rain'd Meteor while being invulnerable. Echo can proc from Echo and from that Echo etc etc so in theory, if your luck is in, you can kill anything with a single BP.

elsewise:
Seems like Square-Enix, at least for now, have changed the stat bonus "exploit/farming" route, or luck plays a part because my Gold Apparati ba'al only gives vitality buns, not all stat bonus ones.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 17, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Huh. Geist is kind of kicking my rear end in the Demo.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Goddamn the Chapter 4 to 5 transition wasn't smooth for me. I realised you were meant to New Game+ to get back to the Kaiser fight, but considering I don't use Bravely Second at all since I consider it cheating, it never even occurred to me that that's what I was meant to do. Ended up halfway through the prologue before realising something was wrong.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So, the writing in the demo is legit charming as gently caress. Eurogoons, does this keep up in the game proper, because I was ambivalent towards BD1 but I'll pick it up sooner rather than later if is.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Last Celebration posted:

So, the writing in the demo is legit charming as gently caress. Eurogoons, does this keep up in the game proper, because I was ambivalent towards BD1 but I'll pick it up sooner rather than later if is.

Yeah, the whole game is like that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, the demo is a really good representation of the full game.
The full game does lean way too heavily on a handful of jokes and gets tiresome at points but outside of that, it's good enough.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

The kind of writing you see in the demo is going to be the kind of writing you'll see through the entire game. It owns.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Huh. Geist is kind of kicking my rear end in the Demo.

He does that. He's legitimately the hardest boss in the demo.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The characters will shout incredibly silly catchphrases that would fit right at home in saturday morning cartoons and entire scenarios will take place because of comic relief taking a turn for the dramatic in ridiculously goofy ways.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Terper posted:

The characters will shout incredibly silly catchphrases that would fit right at home in saturday morning cartoons and entire scenarios will take place because of comic relief taking a turn for the dramatic in ridiculously goofy ways.

Bravely Attorney: Mrgrgr for All.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Terper posted:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bravely Attorney: Mrgrgr for All.

Bravely Default: For the Gravy!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bravely Edea REALLY likes eating guys: Did we mention it?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, the demo is a really good representation of the full game.
The full game does lean way too heavily on a handful of jokes and gets tiresome at points but outside of that, it's good enough.

Mate we lived through "Unacceptable" this is like a Godsend.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unacceptable is objectively better than gravy puns that peak at ok and one note food chat. Unacceptable is unacceptably under represented in Second.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Anything I should know about in the demo like the thing in the original Bravely Default demo where you could get like an infinite amount of dudes for your Norende Village with an exploit?

Or is there nothing like that in this game?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The village building is in Second, you get more than enough to finish the village in an acceptable time through update data.

You can get 20 villagers in Second's demo but only through Streetpass but there's nothing hugely important available from the village that you'd need it maxed ASAP.

So basically, don't sweat it if you don't get your 20 dudes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I had to do all of the demo moon building with just one guy because no one in my area either got the demo or Streetpassed with it.

So he's probably overworked and underpaid.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, that demo building is honestly a lot more time consuming than the real thing turns out to be on ratio.

But really, just leave Second running while you sleep even if you don't during the day and it's enough.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Where's the secret paradise the rumor lady mentions where you can get tons of exp easily?!

Also it sucks that I will have to grind to get decent armor for my guys before I can fight the Asterik boss at the Oasis. He murdered my team pretty easily.

EDIT: I forgot that you can just turn off encounters and then get all the treasures from all the dungeons. That helps!!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 18, 2016

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Where's the secret paradise the rumor lady mentions where you can get tons of exp easily?!
The beach near the Wind Temple, with lots of Chompers. Not as good as it sounds, if you can beat them reliably then you probably don't need to grind anymore.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Also it sucks that I will have to grind to get decent armor for my guys before I can fight the Asterik boss at the Oasis. He murdered my team pretty easily.

I don't know how early you're fighting him, but he's a real pushover once you have anything moderately decent.

Also, yeah, a better grinding spot is the forest to the northeast instead of the Chomper Beach. Alrosene is easier to kill and gives a lot of JP.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So, considering picking this up when it comes out, don't want any spoilers but, just one question:

Do they do the whole "Second Half of the game is a TIME LOOP" thing again, because that was just the worst?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

Do they do the whole "Second Half of the game is a TIME LOOP" thing again, because that was just the worst?

Yes, but it only loops once instead of four times.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yes, but it only loops once instead of four times.

Alright, good to know, thanks.

I'm still a little "eh" on that, but it sounds like they're handling it a lot better.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Alright, good to know, thanks.

I'm still a little "eh" on that, but it sounds like they're handling it a lot better.

Also it's not really a loop in the sense that you don't do the same exact thing over and over again. It's integrated in the story in a way that doesn't make you feel like you're repeating anything.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Something confuses me about the different writers in the Bestiary. I'm pretty sure that Yew writes in black, Magnolia in blue, Edea in red, and Tiz in green. But who's writing in purple? There aren't that many party members!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

Something confuses me about the different writers in the Bestiary. I'm pretty sure that Yew writes in black, Magnolia in blue, Edea in red, and Tiz in green. But who's writing in purple? There aren't that many party members!

Airy. :unsmigghh:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

The guy who uses the purple pen will reveal themselves latter on in the game.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
My only complaint with the demo so far is that the quality of the voice recording sounds poorer than what was in Default. It's especially noticeable with some of the female characters, especially on sibilant noises. It's not a huge deal if it continues into the main game, since I generally play with the sound off on my commute, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. Maybe it's compressed for the demo release and isn't so bad in the full version?

Also, I may not be fully remembering the sound quality of Default. I may go back and check later, but I played Default again recently and I can't remember anything jumping out at me like this.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Going back to Hawkeye chat, I'm in the Fort in Chapter 2 with all the undead. I decided to switch my Hawkeye from a gun to a bow (although the bow available in Yoko's town is pretty underpowered because Hawkeye only has a B in it) since the undead are weak to it. I was wondering if anyone knows whether the damage will stack if I use Warhead and apply Shining or Fire and expose 2 Weak Points (elemental and weapon type)?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fully completed the demo. Wish I could snag some street passes for it in the meantime. The demo has to be in sleep mode in order to catch people, right? I can't play something else and get Bravely Second villagers?

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Fully completed the demo. Wish I could snag some street passes for it in the meantime. The demo has to be in sleep mode in order to catch people, right? I can't play something else and get Bravely Second villagers?

It only has to be in sleep mode for the town to get built. You get villagers via Streetpass the same way you get things for any other game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Is there some mad build involving a Ninja with Natural Talent, Quad Wield and Knuckle Lore? It feels like there should be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nintendo Statement posted:

Regarding changes made to Bravely Second: End Layer for worldwide release

Based on feedback received after Bravely Second: End Layer's release in Japan, the development team at Square Enix, in conjunction with Silicon Studio, decided to implement a number of revisions to the game for the purpose of improving its quality and creating a more enjoyable product.
One such change affects the game's optional side quests, where players encounter a conflict between two opposing parties and choose which party to side with.
When the game was released in Japan, each side quest would end with the team lamenting the decision they made, regardless of the player's decision. This was intended to help players empathise with the characters' situation, but overwhelming feedback from players indicated that they felt an unsatisfying disconnect between their intentions and the characters' reactions. In response, these side quest endings were amended to show the party readily coming to terms with their actions in a manner that does not cause the player undue regret for their decisions.

These changes do not affect the gameplay or the course of events in the game, and were made with the intention of improving the game experience for players.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/nintendo_issues_statement_on_side_quest_changes_in_bravely_second

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

2016, the year that people complaining on the internet produced good things.

Does this still account for the Amaterasu bug?

Edit: Oops. Misread that. So they're not reverting the changes but explaining why they implemented them.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 18, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's the reason why the sidequest endings were changed. No revisions, plans to change or whatever, just explanations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aw shucks. Well, I hope we can at least see the original, uncensored endings somewhere on YouTube.

• Locked thread