Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kalstrams posted:

That's Beethoven's Symphony 7, Movement 2, by the way.

My favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

evil_cheese posted:

Brown moses the youtube video of your speech on the last page is set to private for some reason.

The whole thing is being edited into smaller chunks for easier sharing and stuff, I'll repost it when it's back up.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

CommieGIR posted:

My favorite.

One of the best movements of any symphonic piece ever. Us violas get to start it off eeeeee.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Brown Moses posted:

Yeah, seemed journalists and protesters outnumbered participants.

Guessing it's their version of a WBC Protest, then.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

How many PiS-poor ideas can you spot in this Central Anti-Corruption Bureau-issued calendar?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Lichtenstein posted:

How many PiS-poor ideas can you spot in this Central Anti-Corruption Bureau-issued calendar?

Holy fuckballs, I don't know what's worse - that the calendar comes with those ribbons printed by the 10th of every month, or that someone took the time to draw them on every page :eyepop:

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I hope PiS lives up to its populist message and institutes a national holiday on 10th of every month.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

But seriously, are they having some sort of commemorative day at CBA on the 10th of every loving month? That's beyond hosed up.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

That's when the human sacrifices are scheduled for.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
To the discussion about European armies earlier, I just saw a report on the front page of a Czech newspaper about the status of their heavy equipment. Basically up to 50% are not operational due to a lack of spare parts, apparently:
code:
Model         Total  Busted
----------------------------------
T-72M4CZ      30     15
Pandur II     100    40
BMP-2         120    40
T-810         550    120
But honestly the 15 tanks should be enough to keep everyone out, even the refugees don't want to come here.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Palpek posted:

But seriously, are they having some sort of commemorative day at CBA on the 10th of every loving month? That's beyond hosed up.

Pretty soon the government will require public wailing and rending of clothes on those days as a display of love and sorrow for dearest leader. I was at the cinema recently and before the main feature started they showed the trailer for the new "Smolensk" movie. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It's conspiracy theory upon conspiracy theory upon improbability upon impossibility. I'm sure it will rake in money though and a good portion of people will believe that bullshit.

fake edit: found it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSl0VAn76M

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

After watching that trailer I have to express my new found fondness for the production quality of Polish docu-soaps, which stand head and shoulders above what is displayed here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A Pale Horse posted:

Pretty soon the government will require public wailing and rending of clothes on those days as a display of love and sorrow for dearest leader. I was at the cinema recently and before the main feature started they showed the trailer for the new "Smolensk" movie. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It's conspiracy theory upon conspiracy theory upon improbability upon impossibility. I'm sure it will rake in money though and a good portion of people will believe that bullshit.

Birches can't explode jet engines!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Without watching that trailer, does this documentary even bother to mention that air control told the pilot it was too foggy to land in Smolensk and advised them to reroute to Minsk? I recall this being an important detail.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Without watching that trailer, does this documentary even bother to mention that air control told the pilot it was too foggy to land in Smolensk and advised them to reroute to Minsk? I recall this being an important detail.

It's a feature film and probable Polish candidate for Academy Awards. Facts are irrelevant.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

As promised, the edited version of my presentation on open source and social media investigation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zvsXv2ECI

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Brown Moses posted:

As promised, the edited version of my presentation on open source and social media investigation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zvsXv2ECI

This is great. Do you mind if I share this with friends?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Nitrox posted:

This is great. Do you mind if I share this with friends?

Go for it, there's other videos on the same channel from the same event, Malachy Browne talking about Reportedly's brilliant Yemen arms tracking investigation, and Storyful’s Eliza Mackintosh talking about verifying mass shootings and terror attacks.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

:smith:

http://www.airline.ee/flydubai/flydubai-jet-crashed-in-rostov-on-don-russia-killing-all-aboard/

quote:

Flydubai flight FZ981 has crashed in the southern Russian city of Rostov-on-Don killing all 59 passengers and crew on board.

The flight was en route from Dubai (Dubai International Airport – DXB) and crashed during a landing approach near Rostov-on-Don Airport (ROV).

Air-traffic control and local emergency services confirmed that the Boeing 737 jet crashed near the runway during a second approach in conditions of poor visibility.

“According to preliminary data, the Boeing 737 crashed in poor visibility conditions, some 50-100 meters left of the runway,” the source said.

All crew and passengers on board the plane were killed in the crash, according to the regional Emergencies Ministry.

“During the landing approach a Boeing-737 crashed. It had 55 passengers on board. All of them died,” a regional spokesman told TASS.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
No idea if this is legit, but it's apparently CCTV that captured the crash. Plane looks like it's nosediving full-speed into the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqU-saaGUU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Emanuel Collective posted:

No idea if this is legit, but it's apparently CCTV that captured the crash. Plane looks like it's nosediving full-speed into the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqU-saaGUU

And was on fire while going down..... :tinfoil:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a6-fdn/#922b3bd seems to show it circling for ~2 hours before landing, but perhaps it's wrong?

Though it does match this timeline from CNN story:

quote:

Emergencies Minister Vladimir Puchkov told media that 55 passengers and six crew members had been on board the jet, which crashed while attempting to land for the second time. It was scheduled to land at 6:20 p.m. ET (1:20 a.m. Moscow time), but went down at 8:50 p.m. ET (3:50 a.m.), Puchkov said.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

I think that was just the plane's lights.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

CommieGIR posted:

And the video has already been deleted... :tinfoil:

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Here's another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VfP5Pa2Vc

They're saying bad weather and pilot disorientation were the causes.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Here's another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6VfP5Pa2Vc

They're saying bad weather and pilot disorientation were the causes.

gently caress, at least it was quick for the poor bastards. :smith:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

No it wasn't; they circled in horrible weather and turbulence for two hours and went through one go-around before the crash. They went through a horrible experience that went for hours and ended in a crash. It's a nightmare.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mokotow posted:

No it wasn't; they circled in horrible weather and turbulence for two hours and went through one go-around before the crash. They went through a horrible experience that went for hours and ended in a crash. It's a nightmare.

I've circled airports in planes before. It sucks but it's not that bad.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Russian state media is already saying air traffic control did a good job and it was all a huge accident so I'm sure we'll get a very thorough and impartial investigation.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

That reminded me of another hilarious thing.

I reported several pages ago that the current president, Andrzej Duda, almost had a car accident, because the tirein his car fell apart? Some right-wing conspiracy theorists already suggested it was an (another) assassination attempt, that a hired sniper could have shot the wheel. There was a swift investigation and the truth has come out a few days ago.

It turned out that the tire that fell apart mid-ride was not only six-years old, but also already decommissioned. Some idiots in BOR (Government Protection Bureau), however, needed a tire for the presidential armored car right loving now, because Duda wanted to ski. They took the one from the decommissioned parts storage and installed it into the presidential armored car, which was meant to take the president from Wroclaw to Karpacz. Unfortunately, there were a section of the track which was not only quite steep, but full of rocks and ice. No car except the mountain lifeguards' off-road car could drive across. But the driver of the presidential car just floored and went through the rocks on full speed. This is probably when the tire was damaged.

Over a month later, the presidential car were speeding through the highway so fast the ambulance being a part of the convoy couldn't catch up. Low pressure alert was blaring, but the driver ignored it, because the president's delegation was already late. Somehow no one got hurt when the tire inevitably blew up. Had the idiot in the car died, we would have another Smolensk.

Edit: The best thing is that they can't blame PO for that, because they replaced the entire leadership of BOR several months ago.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So do I have this right, the sitting prime minister of Poland has not-so-secretly accused the sitting president of murdering his twin brother, the previous president?

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

So do I have this right, the sitting prime minister of Poland has not-so-secretly accused the sitting president of murdering his twin brother, the previous president?

No. He accused of that the former Prime Minister and the sitting European Council president. Also, he's not the Prime Minister, just the power behind the throne.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Gantolandon posted:

No. He accused of that the former Prime Minister and the sitting European Council president. Also, he's not the Prime Minister, just the power behind the throne.

In cahoots with Vladimir Putin too. It was a Tusk-Putin conspiracy you see because Tusk was attempting to warm up Polish-Russian relations and that's a sign of being a traitor. :downs:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Gantolandon posted:

That reminded me of another hilarious thing.

I reported several pages ago that the current president, Andrzej Duda, almost had a car accident, because the tirein his car fell apart? Some right-wing conspiracy theorists already suggested it was an (another) assassination attempt, that a hired sniper could have shot the wheel. There was a swift investigation and the truth has come out a few days ago.

It turned out that the tire that fell apart mid-ride was not only six-years old, but also already decommissioned. Some idiots in BOR (Government Protection Bureau), however, needed a tire for the presidential armored car right loving now, because Duda wanted to ski. They took the one from the decommissioned parts storage and installed it into the presidential armored car, which was meant to take the president from Wroclaw to Karpacz. Unfortunately, there were a section of the track which was not only quite steep, but full of rocks and ice. No car except the mountain lifeguards' off-road car could drive across. But the driver of the presidential car just floored and went through the rocks on full speed. This is probably when the tire was damaged.

Over a month later, the presidential car were speeding through the highway so fast the ambulance being a part of the convoy couldn't catch up. Low pressure alert was blaring, but the driver ignored it, because the president's delegation was already late. Somehow no one got hurt when the tire inevitably blew up. Had the idiot in the car died, we would have another Smolensk.

Edit: The best thing is that they can't blame PO for that, because they replaced the entire leadership of BOR several months ago.

:poland: lol.

How can your reasonably developed and wealthy country be so dysfunctional half the sitting officials are (publicly) convinced the other half is conspiring to kill them.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

blowfish posted:

:poland: lol.

How can your reasonably developed and wealthy country be so dysfunctional half the sitting officials are (publicly) convinced the other half is conspiring to kill them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/16/conspiracy-theorists-who-have-taken-over-poland

Still the best answer.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Also don't forget the obsession with outing the Nobel-prize winning icon of fall of communism as having had been a communist spy all along because ???

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lichtenstein posted:

Also don't forget the obsession with outing the Nobel-prize winning icon of fall of communism as having had been a communist spy all along because ???

Because he's popular and not dead yet, therefore he is a threat.

When you're an autocrat, there's nothing more threatening than someone else who's more popular than you. Maybe they'll try to make use of their popularity to seize power? Power that is rightfully yours and yours alone for all eternity!

If they're popular and dead, you can claim to be their spiritual heir or whatever and then make their popularity works for you, but if they're popular and alive they're rivals and you have to do everything you can to make sure that they either stop being popular, or stop being alive, or both.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

The funny thing is, the guy isn't really that popular anymore, as a politician.

Long story short, the simple dockworker found himself kinda out of his league during his one term presidency in the tumultous 90s after which he pretty much stepped back from internal politics and resigned himself to this kind of international Nobel celebrity/semi-ambassadorial role.

PiS is basically a bunch of old dudes trying to relive the days of their youth when they were sticking it to the system and some younger dudes fantasizing about totally being oppressed by the system too and they're pissy some other dude sticked it to the system more than them.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
At least they seem to treat Russia like the leper it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

More stupid things PiS did recently:

• World Youth Days - a Catholic mass event financed, of course, at the expense of the Polish state - is nearing. Some (apparently religious) farmers decided to lend some of their own land for free. The thing is, this land needs to be meliorated and, according to the special act prepared for this event and passed several days ago, the owner should pay for that. The opposition and even some PiS deputies protested against this particular provision, but the Sejm majority apparently considered it perfectly fine. This means some of the generous farmers are going to pay even several thousands PLN.
  • Remember the 500+ program, the only electoral promise PiS seemed to care about, which was going to help larger families and encourage Poles to have more children? The Financial Ministry has a new idea to pay this money in government bonds.

anilEhilated posted:

At least they seem to treat Russia like the leper it is.

Unfortunately, they treat pretty much everyone but the US and UK like lepers. Their treatment of Russia isn't really unique.