Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I am playing this game but I don't seem to do well past level 20. I mean i can beat a group of mobs my level but i am not getting the AoE moves that everyone seems to have easily picked up on how to do. Like if I run into a camp of mobs and just round up a bunch i usually end up running away spamming health potions like the noob I know myself to be now.

Fishing is fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

I am playing this game but I don't seem to do well past level 20. I mean i can beat a group of mobs my level but i am not getting the AoE moves that everyone seems to have easily picked up on how to do. Like if I run into a camp of mobs and just round up a bunch i usually end up running away spamming health potions like the noob I know myself to be now.

Fishing is fun though.

What class are you? Some classes have an easier time at that than others.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Right now i'm playing Valkirie. It seems like a technical class... I dont know.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

JiveHonky posted:

Right now i'm playing Valkirie. It seems like a technical class... I dont know.

Shield throw should handle most things on its own. Celestial spear into shield throw for extra punch.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Auch. Then I may have specced wrong. I don't think I have shield throw. Now I have an idea where to put my future skill points though, thanks.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I mean i am literally killing stuff by doing sideslash over and over again.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

I mean i am literally killing stuff by doing sideslash over and over again.

Oh yeah, you want shield throw for sure. Just mess around and do other things and you'll get enough SP pretty quick.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

as you level a valk prioritize shield throw and celestial spear I also pumped up the passive for tankiness after that I pumped the one attack that you can do through guard and the buff.

Valk leveling is super easy just drop the spear on top of the mobs and spam shield throw til everythings dead.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Drop spear, shield throw. Got it.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
Get all the titles, you get bonuses from how many you've unlocked.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

And each + of luck is 10% drop rate. A dude on reddit posted a guide to get some easy ones around Velia if you can steel yourself to click and read a reddit post here

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Hmm, so I've got my crafter who just got to "skilled" in cooking just making beer to feed the workers so I can make more beer.

So I broke down and finally tried some afk fishing, watched a movie. When I came back a couple hours later I'd caught stuff worth about 500k silver, more than I've made from at least 20 hours cooking/gathering/processing + energy management.

Wtf? Why am I cooking? I don't see any recipes worth a drat that you can't get on the market.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Chewbot posted:

Hmm, so I've got my crafter who just got to "skilled" in cooking just making beer to feed the workers so I can make more beer.

So I broke down and finally tried some afk fishing, watched a movie. When I came back a couple hours later I'd caught stuff worth about 500k silver, more than I've made from at least 20 hours cooking/gathering/processing + energy management.

Wtf? Why am I cooking? I don't see any recipes worth a drat that you can't get on the market.

The trick to massive profession money is building the trade packs and sending them far away to sell. Making items is chump change to be honest. And fishing can be enormously profitable in some nodes with the proper skill, and should be done AFK often.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
What the he'll happened to horse roping I'm getting instant fails.. could it be a tier thing? Like I throw the rope at immobile horse and it installed fails like I'm throwing the rope into the dirt

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

What the he'll happened to horse roping I'm getting instant fails.. could it be a tier thing? Like I throw the rope at immobile horse and it installed fails like I'm throwing the rope into the dirt

Did you buy premium rope? You get what you pay for ya know.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I looked this up and there's olnly one kind of rope

Sanguinaire
Feb 10, 2003
When you have the horse roped, don't fall for the trick and smash space like it shows. Move towards the horse when it's front hooves are down, only smash space bar when it rears up.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Sanguinaire posted:

When you have the horse roped, don't fall for the trick and smash space like it shows. Move towards the horse when it's front hooves are down, only smash space bar when it rears up.

Yes, I've captured 6 horses already. what's happened now is that the second I rope the horse, before the single press space minigame comes up, it immediately fails. I'm going to reboot and try tomorrow but its been working fine previously.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere
Apparently the farming bug caught up to me. I wish it was something I had control over or benefited me in some meaningful way.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I like crafter clothing

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

dunkan posted:

Apparently the farming bug caught up to me. I wish it was something I had control over or benefited me in some meaningful way.

Rest in Pieces. It will be lifted soon

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Zarcnest posted:

Rest in Pieces. It will be lifted soon

Yea, apparently a bunch of people have been banned and had it lifted; hopefully doesn't take too long.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

dunkan posted:

It's just a 30 year ban.

I got a 4000 year ban from warframe once.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Oh yeah forgot to mention this about the karma system.

Apparently the negative karma tiers goes something like this. -1 to -500k and -501k to -1mil. When going outlaw you will lose more exp and lose your crystals and enchantments. Apparently there must be a bug where this debuff only happens during the first tier of outlaw. Once you go past -500k and get closer to -1mil karma you will only lose crystals and exp. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Source: From my experience.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

randombattle posted:

It's just a 30 year ban.

I got a 4000 year ban from warframe once.

I got nailed for exploiting the item claim bug, guess it's chargeback time if I can't talk my way out of it. Probably for the best as I was spending way to much time in this game anyhow.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Gearhead posted:

As someone who tries to recreate Master Exploder at any given opportunity, you have no idea how happy this makes me.

The first time you pop Sage's Memory (or whatever the witch calls it if it has a different name) and drop meteor, blizzard, earthquake and lightning down in like a 3 second window you will be sold on the class forever.

I do this basically every 3 minutes and it never stops being satisfying.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gearhead posted:

As someone who tries to recreate Master Exploder at any given opportunity, you have no idea how happy this makes me.

I have a wizard who is just a guywitch. Once you get meteor it's a case of "Do you want this entire screen of enemies to go away? Ok just press here (THE BUTTON)"

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I'm thinking about rolling a scorc so I have a better 1v1 PVP character. Which skill build are you guys using?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dunkan posted:

:yikes:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

LegalPad posted:

I'm thinking about rolling a scorc so I have a better 1v1 PVP character. Which skill build are you guys using?

Spam dark flame, dream of doom, and shadow eruption. Teleport around a lot. Midnight Stinger and your right click dodge give you a crit buff. Go crazy from there.

If you can predict the grab, crow flare will counter them

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dunkan posted:

Pfft it's only 30 years, flash in the pan.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Welp, today was the first time I tried fishing and I made over a million silver, afk for 90% of it. Why in gods name doesn't fishing use energy?

Guess I can't complain but it feels a little unbalanced. Sooo anyway... what do people spend silver on once you've got millions lying around? Boats? So I can do more fishing?

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 18, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Pfft it's only 30 years, flash in the pan.

The rest of us will be playing our immersive waifu simulators with our skulljacks by the time he gets unbanned.

EDIT: And since I'll be old I'll be yelling at the youngsters about how we had to use our hands to play video games in the old days.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Chewbot posted:

Welp, today was the first time I tried fishing and I made over a million silver, afk for 90% of it. Why in gods name doesn't fishing use energy?

Guess I can't complain but it feels a little unbalanced. Sooo anyway... what do people spend silver on once you've got millions lying around? Boats? So I can do more fishing?

A million silver isn't as much as you think it is.
Upgrading your gear is the main way to progress your character. Each stone costs 300-500k and you can blow through a hundred of those without blinking an eye.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I did spend ~50 million to get my bow to +15, and I was both reasonably lucky and getting extra out of the money spent too.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Drythe posted:

Spam dark flame, dream of doom, and shadow eruption. Teleport around a lot. Midnight Stinger and your right click dodge give you a crit buff. Go crazy from there.

If you can predict the grab, crow flare will counter them

Thanks.
So what's your take away on the class? Before the game launched it sounded like they were one of the best small-scale PVP classes alongside ranger, but I don't see nearly as many of them as I thought I would. Are they that hard to play?

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

LegalPad posted:

A million silver isn't as much as you think it is.
Upgrading your gear is the main way to progress your character. Each stone costs 300-500k and you can blow through a hundred of those without blinking an eye.

Yeah, I got the feeling everyone's making millions per day, I'm not the first to discover this fishing thing.

I don't know know if I'm going to end up buying hundreds of black stones, I have a hard time motivating over +3 ap or whatever. Then the next update will release some new armor set and make my current one obsolete anyway.

Does Goontang or Parks do much guild pvping?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Thanks.
So what's your take away on the class? Before the game launched it sounded like they were one of the best small-scale PVP classes alongside ranger, but I don't see nearly as many of them as I thought I would. Are they that hard to play?
It's one of the most difficult classes to play, from those we have at the moment, yes. While it is not as literally technical as Ranger, for instance, it's a combo-intensive squishy class that can not afford luxury of kiting.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Chewbot posted:

Yeah, I got the feeling everyone's making millions per day, I'm not the first to discover this fishing thing.

I don't know know if I'm going to end up buying hundreds of black stones, I have a hard time motivating over +3 ap or whatever. Then the next update will release some new armor set and make my current one obsolete anyway.

Does Goontang or Parks do much guild pvping?

The great goontang vs parks war is currently raging.
I believe it is 3-0 in the 'tangs favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

While I've been mostly studying as of late, as well as sleeping properly, I don't think we (GoonTang) have done a lot of organized guild PvP per se, Rektoning skirmish excluding. Still, we have declared wars against 6 guilds, and one more has declared against us, so if you want to fight someone, there's plenty of options and people not too shy from participating.