Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

slow motion shot of Kasich standing in the middle of terrible slaughter with the same jeepers gee-willickers expression as always while adagio for strings plays

mdemone posted:

"Jeez oh man, isn't this something? Wow, I tell ya."

Reince Priebus survives in a coma just long enough for the hospital TV to announce Hillary winning 520 electors in the electoral college (OH's 18 to Kasich) before his heart monitor finally flatlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Tesseraction posted:

Reince Priebus survives in a coma just long enough for the hospital TV to announce Hillary winning 520 electors in the electoral college (OH's 18 to Kasich) before his heart monitor finally flatlines.

Consider Priebus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

The Safe and Likely Republican House seats now number 217 in their ratings. That's one short of a majority.

Now, it's not likely that Democrats will sweep all of their Leans and Tossup races, but keeping the House within ~10 seats of a majority makes things really interesting when the Speaker election happens, particularly since Paul Ryan doesn't appear to be able to deliver on his promise to pass a budget this year.

i got up early to watch the last speaker elections and what really stood out was how badly whipped the house GOP is. there were at least 10 protest votes for Daniel Webster, and this was after extensive wrangling to get a Ryan speakership in the bag. GOP dissidents could easily throw the speakership to a democrat, if they get particularly fussy.

also, pro-tier trolling from my rep Xavier Becerra, reminding everyone that the last time anything got accomplished in the house was under Pelosis speakership

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 18, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cosby's case was really damning. I wouldn't expect Clinton accusations to play out the same way unless an extra dozen accusers come out, for one.

Also no one in the general gives a gently caress that don isn't GOPe. He'll be the literal representative of the party, and has been doing right wing circuits for years. He shouldn't be insulated from "not this poo poo again." He even has a personal history of making tedious bullshit accusations with the birther poo poo.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Not sure I get the strategic angle behind placing a wheel boot on your fellow Senators endorsing you.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/zummo_paul/status/710840726637191168

Conservative pundits are massive babies.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i remember when some republicans were saying that trump would be preferable to cruz. it's interesting to think back on those times. it's interesting to remember things. i;t's interesteting to recall lwhat whas said from an earlierrr periosd hahaha

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Peachstapler posted:

Not sure I get the strategic angle behind placing a wheel boot on your fellow Senators endorsing you.

My first assumption is that Cruz believes the race is driven by populist anger. By receiving endorsements from establishment Republicans, he risks falling victim to the same anti- establishment anger that destroyed Bush and Rubio.

It would play into Trump's conspiratorial rhetoric if every Senator suddenly endorsed a man they openly despised

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
cruz seems to think hes a lot better at politics than he actually is

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

this also works as an explanation

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

see: accidentally letting a ton of confirmations through during one of his tantrums

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
That guy is just an establishment shill.

Obviously.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

How the gently caress do you listen to Rush every single day for over two decades? I can handle about a week of Democracy Now before I get depressed/angry.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
whoop wrong thread

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Prorat posted:

What gave you the idea that he is a rock hard mother fucker? He is who he is, a rich New Yorken, he's not a wwe wrestler. I think you may think that calling the establishment out makes him hardcore when in reality he is just a dude calling out the corrupt as gently caress establishment.

Not only is he a WWE wrestler, he is a WWE Hall of Famer!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
They'll be back once Rush starts saying things that they like.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

After long consideration I have come to a grave realisation: Rush Limbaugh Is Not A Credible Public Intellectual

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sir Tonk posted:

How the gently caress do you listen to Rush every single day for over two decades? I can handle about a week of Democracy Now before I get depressed/angry.
Because they don't really have anything to lose other than their ability to be mean to other people.

Also

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

They'll be back once Rush starts saying things that they like.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also the difference between Democracy Now and Rush is that Rush is a natural entertainer who is really, really good at what he does. Democracy Now is just monotone soul-death.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/zummo_paul/status/710840726637191168

Conservative pundits Conservatives are massive babies.

ftfy

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

also the difference between Democracy Now and Rush is that Rush is a natural entertainer who is really, really good at what he does. Democracy Now is just monotone soul-death.

Do you mean "Democracy Now, Democracy Now Dot Org the War and Peace Report, hello I'm Amy Goodman talking today with Noam Chomsky about corporations exploiting Palestinian children, Noam talk about that"?

Pretty sure that's the name of the show.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

quote:

Unfortunately Rush’s defenses of Trump became more and more tiresome. It felt at times that it was simply the Donald Trump show featuring Rush Limbaugh, as Rush turned any attack on Trump, from whatever source, as simply the Establishment and/or the media trying to tear down the great Donald.

Rush isn't even that pro-Trump, he clearly favors Cruz, he just isn't as rabidly anti-Trump as these idiots demand. I never thought I'd be sitting here defending Rush Limbaugh but the #NeverTrump people are somehow way worse.

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

Trump: Do you remember the good old days, where Reagan ruled over us all?

Christie: When his gentle, compelling, and yet oddly insistent voice crawled through your mind, and told you exactly what to do?

Trump: Do you miss a time when you didn't have to think for yourself, and enjoyed lazy days of following the BELLOWED COMMANDS of others?!

Christie: Those days can be yours again! For Best Friend Trump, the esteemed leader of the Republican Party, is here...to tell you what to do!

Trump: THAT'S RIGHT! I, Donald J. Trump, will take on the BURDEN of your OBEDIENCE!

Christie: (quickly) Acceptance into the Party pending Best Friend Trump's approval. Best Friend Trump reserves the right to turn down applicants for any reason, including whimsy or boredom. Acceptance into the GOP open to whites only. Former minority members of the GOP conditionally accepted for purposes of advertisement duties, dehumanization may occur.

Trump: The Republican Party! Come! Take a load off your mind!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Al! posted:

Consider Priebus

drat you are on fire today

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/710831757214351360

:irony::irony::irony::irony::irony::irony::irony::irony:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
salt levels spiking. the caremad inhibitors cannae take much more, captain

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Al! posted:

Consider Priebus

This deserves more love, lol

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/710856988645654528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Welp, the general sure is going to be interesting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Lemon. Wet. Good.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

He should be required to change his twitter handle to "Convicted Felon Dinesh D'Souza".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
THE JINX! :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/710868991309443072

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The best part of this general is going to be when Trump tries to steal Clinton's playbook and play nice face to face while letting surrogates concern troll and dig up dirt, only to realize that the only friends he's got are a dozen Robert Morrows who will end up ranting on Morning Joe about how HW was a gay prostitute and pedophile

The GOP won't actually be able to hurt him until he clinches their nom, and even then only by hanging him out to dry

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

:what:

"So Chuck, how did the most powerful nation on earth choose its leader in 2016?"

"Well, Bob, it was basically down to who had the best animated gif of their opponent".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Perfectly Safe posted:

:what:

"So Chuck, how did the most powerful nation on earth choose its leader in 2016?"

"Well, Bob, it was basically down to who had the best animated gif of their opponent".

is this your first exposure to Dinesh Dsouza

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
‘Make America Great Again’ is a non-denominational message.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump should choose a woman VP just to deflect the inevitable sexism attacks from Hillary

Fiorina hates him, so she's out

Trump/Palin 2016?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Joementum posted:

Do you mean "Democracy Now, Democracy Now Dot Org the War and Peace Report, hello I'm Amy Goodman talking today with Noam Chomsky about corporations exploiting Palestinian children, Noam talk about that"?

Pretty sure that's the name of the show.

Goddamn you Joe. I think I just cracked a loving rib.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

EugeneJ posted:

Trump should choose a woman VP just to deflect the inevitable sexism attacks from Hillary

Trump/Palin 2016?

that'd be a record ticket for "amount of people who hate one or both names," you might get a few more if it's trump/gacy but who knows

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Homework Explainer posted:

that'd be a record ticket for "amount of people who hate one or both names," you might get a few more if it's trump/gacy but who knows

Do you think the GOP would allow the White House to build a wheelchair ramp for Todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

EugeneJ posted:

Trump/Palin 2016?

Trump needs Space Admiral Bachmann.

• Locked thread