Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Aaron Dobson is the rumored Patriot.

please be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

NC-17 posted:

Aaron Dobson is the rumored Patriot.

please be true

*looks at his numbers*

hahahaha he's fffffuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkeeeeeeeddddddddddd

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

true fact I hate smoking as a feeling and have never been able to get high smoking so the only time I ever actually got high was from a weed brownie but I had a bite and didnt feel anything so I ate the entire thing and ended up being high for like a whole day and taught a full day of class completely annihilated thats my story god bless

You continue to own Mel

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Nfl's Bucky Brooks thinks the Texans are now Super Bowl contenders.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I saw a motorcyclist try to pass aggressively on the right a horse trailer, it was too late though, the horse trailer already started to turn into the farm and the chopper came out the other side and knocked a wheel off, and the driver of the motorcycle got pinned. Good thing there was a state trooper there cause he was about to be pulled over for speeding.

Nov 6, 2002

Fox Sports reports that Chip Kelly offered the Titans the following for Mariotta last year.

A 2015 first rounder (20th overall)
A 2016 first rounder (would have been 13th overall)
A 2015 second rounder (47th overall)
Any quarterback on the roster
Any defensive player on the roster

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

NC-17 posted:

Fox Sports reports that Chip Kelly offered the Titans the following for Mariotta last year.

I'd take that trade for the #2 pick for sure.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

NC-17 posted:

Looks like they were smart to refuse him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

NC-17 posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhhahaaaahhaahahahhahahahahahahahaha

*inhales*

hahahahahahahahahhhaaahahhahahahahahahahahahhhaha

Nov 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

Looks like they were smart to refuse him.

Uh no.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

lol if Kiko would have gotten flipped in that trade too. That whole thing is worse than the Herschel Walker trade by a country mile.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Mariota looks pretty good so far.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

There is not a single QB in the NFL worth that deal, much less a rookie

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I want to live in the parallel universe where that trade happened just to watch the Eagles try to rebuild from it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

:eyepop:

I am happy though that Webster said no because mariota owns

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well, you get a pretty close to sure thing QB, or you get pick 20 and pick 13 (maybe worse if Mariota works for them), a QB (Bradford for one year?) and who? Kiko?

And you're back to starting Mettenberger or Whitehurst.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently Tray Walker is non-responsive currently. Poor guy.

Nov 6, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

Well, you get a pretty close to sure thing QB, or you get pick 20 and pick 13 (maybe worse if Mariota works for them), a QB (Bradford for one year?) and who? Kiko?

And you're back to starting Mettenberger or Whitehurst.

You would pick up so much draft capital that you'd be able to trade up to get whoever you wanted the following year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

You would pick up so much draft capital that you'd be able to trade up to get whoever you wanted the following year.

Counterpoint at the time the man who would be using that capital was Ruston Webster

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Apparently Tray Walker is non-responsive currently. Poor guy.

The AFCN continues it's proud tradition of completely avoidable off-season mototrcycle accidents. Bengals last to fa... skid

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Anybody who doesn't make that deal is a moron. The only thing Chip Kelly underestimated was the stupidity of the Titans front office.

Be in a position to have 3 first round picks in 2 years and turn it down. loving lol.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seriously that's a dynasty trade

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Right, except you need a quarterback and still don't end up with one there.

Of course, if you knew you were picking number 1 overall this year, then maybe it makes sense. But at the time, I'm pretty sure that wasn't on their radars.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Start Mettenburg and tank the next year for better picks of them get your QB. Genius!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
TItans would still have their own pick, and it'd probably be pretty high, but if you see Mariota and you think he's your franchise guy, you refuse.

But goddamn that's a crazy trade. Was that including Bradford at the time? They could have grabbed Bradford, Fletcher Cox, 2 1sts, and a 2nd?

Holy poo poo.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

AAA DOLFAN posted:

TItans would still have their own pick, and it'd probably be pretty high, but if you see Mariota and you think he's your franchise guy, you refuse.

But goddamn that's a crazy trade. Was that including Bradford at the time? They could have grabbed Bradford, Fletcher Cox, 2 1sts, and a 2nd?

Holy poo poo.

You have to think with Bradford as quarterback they'd still end up with the overall #1, probably even easier than they actually did. To have all that, plus still getting to pick number 1 this year. Good lord.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Titans FO is so bad it cost two NFL head coaches their jobs last season.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah, if your new "franchise" QB still nets you the worst record in the NFL you are extra dumb for not taking the trade.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Laugh at Ruston Webster all you want, as you should because he was terrible, but we now have the future goat leading the team instead of some scrub well that's my hot take

E:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, if your new "franchise" QB still nets you the worst record in the NFL you are extra dumb for not taking the trade.

They lost several games because the coach is a loving dumbass and the team just kept choking

Metapod fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 18, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Metapod posted:

Laugh at Ruston Webster all you want, as you should because he was terrible, but we now have the future goat leading the team instead of some scrub well that's my hot take

Mariota at his best last season wasn't worth Luck at his worst

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NC-17 posted:

Chip should have been fired on the spot for offering this

Titans GM should have been fired on the spot for refusing this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mariota at his best last season wasn't worth Luck at his worst

Luck wasn't good this season :ssh:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Metapod posted:

Luck wasn't good this season :ssh:

That was the point of my statement

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Don't smoke marijuana and don't ride motorcycles

I did both of these literally every single day for 3 years without a single scratch, and rode like a complete loving hooligan at the same time (3x speed limit, splitting lanes, etc.). Wouldn't advise drinking and riding though (and would never even attempt myself).

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Metapod posted:

:eyepop:

I am happy though that Webster said no because mariota owns

Yeah, going 2-14 is much better than competing for the division.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'm starting to think it's not that Chip's obsessed with Mariota or anything, he just really loving hated the Eagles and decided to try to destroy them from within.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Yeah, going 2-14 is much better than competing for the division.

You guys really don't understand how bad whisenhunt and mularkey are as coaches. That trade would not have made the team compete for the division any more than they did. So how about instead of fantasizing how this trade would have put them in a better position how about think about what team you are talking about and watch what they did on field.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol the Eagles spent their 1st rounder last year on a WR who only had 200 yards receiving and 1 TD. So not only did Chip get cuk'd by the Titans he followed it up by drafting a nobody.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm starting to think it's not that Chip's obsessed with Mariota or anything, he just really loving hated the Eagles and decided to try to destroy them from within.

A noble cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
In news that will surprise no one, the Colts are retiring Manning's number and building a statue of him in front of Lucas Oil. No word on if the forehead will be to scale.

• Locked thread