Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So who are these "Wrestling Project" people and why do they insist on updating the Lucha Underground Wikipedia page with taping spoilers while it's not cool to spoil TV shows/movies until their release date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Nerds who like to spoil things and hide behind very broad Wikipedia rules in order to pull Snape Kills Dumbledore epic pranks on people with the audacity to enjoy things, I assume.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Gavok posted:

That reminds me of Piper's best guest appearance where he dressed up as a superhero and got shot in the rear end by Robocop.

I wrote a whole thing about it, come to think of it.

Roddy's best guest appearance(s) were as the maniac, a deranged indie wrestler, in It's Always Sunny.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

maxallen posted:

Roddy's best guest appearance(s) were as the maniac, a deranged indie wrestler, in It's Always Sunny.

Roddy also was Cody the Crusader on Walker Texas Ranger. Tremendous performance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wrestling is a sport so "spoilers" are actually just reporting on factual events. do you also want them to refrain from updating wikipedia about the olympics until nbc gets around to showing a highlight reel of whatever event 16 hours later??

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People should be mad at the company for using an insultingly out of date taping schedule, not the free-ers of information.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, I've been annoyed by LU spoilers when they've been posted in non related sections of the Observer, but there's no reason why the policy for the LU wiki article should be any different than those for other promotions that tape weeks in advance like ROH and TNA.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostpilot posted:

A distinctly remember seeing a movie clip of Jerry Lawler as a sheriff who delivered a piledriver to a zombie or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqwlJRu1w6Q

Girls Gone Dead. It's a really bad horror-slasher movie.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I think the NWA had a Six-Man belt back in the Freebirds era.

NWA World Six-Man Tag Team Championship. Don't recall the Freebirds ever getting those, mostly just recall the Russians feuding with Dusty Rhodes and the Road Warriors during the mid-80s. Beyond giving the Russians something to show off while heeling it up, I don't think they used it much.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

Yeah, I've been annoyed by LU spoilers when they've been posted in non related sections of the Observer, but there's no reason why the policy for the LU wiki article should be any different than those for other promotions that tape weeks in advance like ROH and TNA.

Before they reverted it, for a while it was "champions (as of airing)" which was fine. The reasoning is because you don't know when that episode is going to air and they tape matches out of order sometimes, so you can't get accurate statistics for title reigns and dates, etc. What they're doing is, for example, saying that each champion won their respective titles and have had reigns starting from the date of the taping where it happened, despite that the show doesn't work like that. They're not doing it to convey information, they're doing it to be lovely spoiler people. There's no reason why any other encyclopedia would publish information that incomplete and inaccurate just so they can say "first!"

triplexpac posted:

This reminds me of how in 2000 like every Raw would have a main event 6 or 8 man tag, cause the roster was so stacked. At the time it bored me, but now I appreciate a well done multi man tag

There was a time fairly recently when it seemed like the whole roster was full of 3-man stables getting close to the end of the year, and people were speculating that they were going to do an all 6-man tag elimination Survivor Series, but instead it was the usual thrown together card with an even more lazy thrown together classic SS tag match announced at the last minute. I still want this. They easily could've booked it as a show full of faction wars.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wrestling's no a sport mate

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

wrestling is a sport

badnews.gif

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wrestling is presented as a sport, unless you think he was actually saying wrestling is real

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like that argument is least applicable specifically to Lucha Underground, though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I feel like that argument is least applicable specifically to Lucha Underground, though

every sport has immortal space travelers and darewolves competing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Please be kind to the Darewolf.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What name is better: Road Warriors or The Legion of Doom?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Can anyone think of any moves besides the Romero Special/Surfboard/La Tapatia that have three or more genericized (as opposed to names that are only used for one particular wrestler's signature) names in current use?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

triplexpac posted:

This is the hardest question I've ever encountered.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

triplexpac posted:

I really like the compromise of Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal combining to be the Legion of Doom. It made it feel like the LOD might be a bigger thing with other classes beside Road Warriors in it that we hadn't seen yet.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
LOD, it's more original.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I think both are great, but, to me, Legion implies a larger group than just 2.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I think both are great, but, to me, Legion implies a larger group than just 2.

Don't forget about notable LOD members Droz, Heidenreich, Sunny and Christy Hemme!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Diabolik900 posted:

Don't forget about notable LOD members Droz, Heidenreich, Sunny and Christy Hemme!

Paul Ellering and Rocco, too. I am still trying to forget about them.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Please be kind to the Darewolf.

I loving love the darewolf

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ICHIBAHN posted:

LOD, it's more original.

They're both equally unoriginal. Just have to decide if you prefer Mad Max or Super Friends.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Legion Of Doom had Arn Anderson in it so clearly it was the best.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd like the Darewolf more if he did anything other than job so far.

Wait, he did. He beat up a dragon with nunchucks. That's something.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Diabolik900 posted:

And Crush!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

And Crush!

Crush was never in the Legion of Doom, he was just in Demolition, the Nation of Domination, Disciples of the Apocalypse and the nWo!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Die Laughing posted:

They're both equally unoriginal. Just have to decide if you prefer Mad Max or Super Friends.

Really? Where's LOD lifted from?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Really? Where's LOD lifted from?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Doom_(DC_Comics)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thanks. I did not know that. Makes sense, everything in wrestling is a rip off.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

Crush was never in the Legion of Doom, he was just in Demolition, the Nation of Domination, Disciples of the Apocalypse and the nWo!

There was a brief time in the early 90's where they got rid of Hawk and decided that Animal and Crush were the new Legion of Doom. It only existed on the house show circuit before being dropped, so it was never brought up on TV.

I remember a friend at school went to a house show and told me that Crush joined LOD. That sounded badass as hell and I was so pumped to see it on TV, mainly because I didn't know Hawk was gone and figured it was now a three-man team. Then there was no sign of LOD until the next time they came back and I didn't know what the hell.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The road warriors is better

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Paul Ellering and Rocco, too. I am still trying to forget about them.

and POWER WARRIOR !

I side with "Legion of Doom" b/c "Doomsday Device" is a badass move name and it makes more sense with the LoD nickname.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

There was a brief time in the early 90's where they got rid of Hawk and decided that Animal and Crush were the new Legion of Doom. It only existed on the house show circuit before being dropped, so it was never brought up on TV.

I remember a friend at school went to a house show and told me that Crush joined LOD. That sounded badass as hell and I was so pumped to see it on TV, mainly because I didn't know Hawk was gone and figured it was now a three-man team. Then there was no sign of LOD until the next time they came back and I didn't know what the hell.

in the writers room, any time a stable come up was there just one guy between both wwf and wcw who said "WHAT IF WE PUT BRIAN ADAMS IN IT"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

in the writers room, any time a stable come up was there just one guy between both wwf and wcw who said "WHAT IF WE PUT BRIAN ADAMS IN IT"

That would explain his spot in the Foreign Fanatics.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Where is that cartoon of Hollywood Hogan joining the Legion of Doom when I need it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Thauros posted:

Can anyone think of any moves besides the Romero Special/Surfboard/La Tapatia that have three or more genericized (as opposed to names that are only used for one particular wrestler's signature) names in current use?

The Mafia Kick/Yakuza Kick/Big Boot is the one that immediately springs to mind. IIRC the Springboard Moonsault/Quebrada also has a third name but I can't remember what it is.