Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Yes it's just peeling, or I was involved in a high speed shoot out. Either one works.

I have new headlights on order!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Vahakyla posted:

Also replacement headlights are a great way to make the car look better for less than 80 bux.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002M4C9O2?keywords=mustang%20headlights&qid=1458165809&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

That blue is loving fantastic.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Thanks man. I'm still all :swoon: every day when I look at it.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Dinurth posted:

Little late to the party, but here's mine all cleaned up.

Don't know why the images came out in weird sizes, took both with my phone at the same time. :shrug:

This but with a million rock chips is my car. Is your center brake light all messed up on top?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

thebigcow posted:

This but with a million rock chips is my car. Is your center brake light all messed up on top?
Mine was for a long time ... it's kind of a constant thing I'm looking for in junkyards. I found one that's ... 80% good, maybe? And I just keep it waxed and hope I can find a better one before it gets all crappy looking too.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Did I miss the New Edge party?

When I went to the rodeo last year I appreciated the gold American Mustang the stunt rider was on.

This thing is paid off as of like todayish or however long it takes to wire money and process a payment. Why did I get a loan on a 13 year old car? Because I'm an idiot who makes impulse purchases like this.

Dat wheelgap! If it can survive a few more months without raping my wallet some more it might get a Maximum Motorsports/Bilstein kit.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 17, 2016

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

thebigcow posted:

I have the rock chips too, a lot more than I realized, all of which became grossly apparent with the wash and wax. But the car holds up pretty drat well for a daily driver with nearly 150k miles. Luckily she will get garaged soon and I'll start restoring her in a couple years.

Brake light has somehow held up pretty drat good.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
http://www.bullittarchive.com/1016.htm I've been meaning to try this for the light but I've never gotten around to it. You can sort of see where I grab the trunk lid in the pattern.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

Did I miss the New Edge party?
Dat wheelgap! If it can survive a few more months without raping my wallet some more it might get a Maximum Motorsports/Bilstein kit.

dont lower your car man, you will become obsessed with going lower and lower! hahahaha

This is what your car will look like with a MM Bilstein kit. you will get about a 1" drop

this is what your car will look like if you do LCA and other extreme mods :) I wish i could get the front lower, but I need coil overs. uggg $400!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
FPRP has some progressive springs that lower it less than an inch I think but honestly I don't want to think too hard about it and just order "one thing".

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Keeping the new edge train going choo choo :toot:

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 4, 2020

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Did someone say clean New Edge?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

That blue is loving fantastic.

Agreed...I don't even care for convertibles and there are some sweet New Edge 'Stangs in here, but this is my favorite so far. Awesome color.

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.
Saw my first GT350 in person drive by me today, still had the temp tags on it. Heard it before I saw it. They sound SO good, I hope Ford has more plans for that engine. New Lightning perhaps?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Pro lens flare.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Straight out of the $90 smart phone. The paint is that awesome

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Post your Favorite "Clean as gently caress New Edge Mustangs with Pro Lens Flare" picture train WOOWOO!!!!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
GT350s are starting to be delivered

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/18716806

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
Well that was quick.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

247 miles!

How long before that crash is up on youtube I wonder...

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I have wanted this for my car for YEARS!!!! but 650 bucks!?!?!! Ladies and Gentleman, I present the flat-bottom 99-04 steering wheel.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Mustang9404fbwheel.php

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
They didn't even include a picture.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
That's enough to make the Ford Racing wheel a bargain.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That doesn't look like a total...

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I want that wheel, but i dont know if I can really justify the cost, but drat I really want it!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Vahakyla posted:

They didn't even include a picture.
They do, the link is messed up though. (not kalvicks fault, the website is weird)

kalvick posted:

I want that wheel, but i dont know if I can really justify the cost, but drat I really want it!
You know its only $519 with the code they give you, right? :ssh:

edit: "only"

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Unless you really want the flat bottom wouldn't it just be cheaper to get your stock wheel wrapped?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

They do, the link is messed up though. (not kalvicks fault, the website is weird)

You know its only $519 with the code they give you, right? :ssh:

edit: "only"

I really like your dash.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Haha thats not mine, just the picture from their website. I am more jealous of the gauges than the steering wheel though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

Haha thats not mine, just the picture from their website. I am more jealous of the gauges than the steering wheel though.

Yeah, those gauges are making me happy/sad I don't have them.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Stang's in the shop for its annual nickel and diming session. At some point I'll fix everything, right?

Was losing coolant through the reservoir cap on my steep hill. Replaced cap, now losing coolant even faster. It's coming from the intake manifold and pooling in the valley. Plastic. Intake. Manifold.

Hopefully the heater core holds on till at least next year.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

clutchpuck posted:

Stang's in the shop for its annual nickel and diming session. At some point I'll fix everything, right?

Was losing coolant through the reservoir cap on my steep hill. Replaced cap, now losing coolant even faster. It's coming from the intake manifold and pooling in the valley. Plastic. Intake. Manifold.

Hopefully the heater core holds on till at least next year.

Check the coolant crossover tube as that's where they like to break.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
The replacement part is the Ford PI manifold with the aluminum crossover, right? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-9424-p46

e/ well they found a broken seal. I'm gonna have them replace the seal, clean it up, replace the tstat, and button it. Hopefully it'll seat back on OK and not leak after 16 years of heat cycling. If it leaks again I'll just get the PI doodad off Summit and do it myself. If I can drop the engine out of the motorcycle to do its intake seals, I can probably replace this thing too.

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 23, 2016

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

clutchpuck posted:

The replacement part is the Ford PI manifold with the aluminum crossover, right? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-9424-p46

e/ well they found a broken seal. I'm gonna have them replace the seal, clean it up, replace the tstat, and button it. Hopefully it'll seat back on OK and not leak after 16 years of heat cycling. If it leaks again I'll just get the PI doodad off Summit and do it myself. If I can drop the engine out of the motorcycle to do its intake seals, I can probably replace this thing too.

Yeah. As far as manifold replacements go it's about as easy as it can be. There are plenty of decent guides and videos for the job out there.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Oh god I put down a deposit for a 16 ecoboost premium today. I get to pick it up Friday/Saturday. What have I done...

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Crazy Pigeon posted:

Oh god I put down a deposit for a 16 ecoboost premium today. I get to pick it up Friday/Saturday. What have I done...

You bought a ford, it is ok but there is no cure. Enjoy the ridicule of all non ford owners.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Crazy Pigeon posted:

You did good, even if you did buy the wrong engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

ilkhan posted:

You did good, even if you did buy the wrong engine.

Dealer did have 3 gt350s on his show floor so I looked at my bank account and became sad. Blame my sadness.