Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

First half of my capstone thesis got an A. Almost done :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ugh, got an exam in 13 minutes, then have to rush home to finish a project that has slowly ballooned in size far beyond what I initially expected it to be. At least I have Taco Bell. :)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I woke up around 11 and played video games till about 2 then went to the gym.

you all should graduate college and live my life.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
still haven't done anything to ensure that I can start school in fall.

va hasn't contacted me back about even setting and appointment for voc rehab

I hate VA and myself for both of these failings.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Takes usually 2ish weeks to get your letter and usually your meeting is a good month to six weeks after request to meet a counselor. It takes time, but I started the process at a similar time of year and was in clown college for summer classes. Just roll with it, they will mail you a letter eventually.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So we're going through and coding some interview transcripts that each member in the group had to do. One of our team members is FtM and interviewed his genderqueer partner. So that transcipt is essentially D&D Bingo. Patriarchy this, and non-binary that. Also don't you know that queer people have a unique insight on the human impact of extractive industries? :suicide:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

So we're going through and coding some interview transcripts that each member in the group had to do. One of our team members is FtM and interviewed his genderqueer partner. So that transcipt is essentially D&D Bingo. Patriarchy this, and non-binary that. Also don't you know that queer people have a unique insight on the human impact of extractive industries? :suicide:

You would too if you dug that much bullshit out of your own rear end in a top hat.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

Extracting any sense of fun and comfort from the room, for sure

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I identify as natural gas

~faaaaaarrrrrtttt~

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

None of the rest of the group had a better idea of what to do so we just rolled with this gender theme. Which could be ok since if we're talking about mining we could be talking about possible sex trafficking in the region, and how women feel about living in a mining community. There's not really a nice way to tell this guy that he's not going to find any transpeople up there, willing to talk anyway.

EDIT: Also the whole transcript is riddled with typos which are making my head hurt even more than it normally would.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 17, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate people who make their whole life about their sexual orientation. Here's hoping I can avoid those people for the most part come fall.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
i'm gay quote me i'm gay

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My sexuality is the most interesting thing about me! Pay attention to me showing you how wrong you are!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There are straight people, there are gay people, there are bisexual people, and there are people who have to be the center of attention.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's like those bumper stickers people put on their car. "Gay and proud." Or "transgender driving." Whatever. Advertising it makes you look pompous. I don't drive around with "warning: I am a heterosexual." plastered on my back window.

Though I might put "sexual identifies as an attack helicopter."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Casimir Radon posted:

There are straight people, there are gay people, there are bisexual people, and there are people who have to be the center of attention.

Usually those people are called veterans.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Soulex posted:

It's like those bumper stickers people put on their car. "Gay and proud." Or "transgender driving." Whatever. Advertising it makes you look pompous. I don't drive around with "warning: I am a heterosexual." plastered on my back window.

Though I might put "sexual identifies as an attack helicopter."
Now that's not ok because you have privilege. Now kindly go die cishet scum.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

How do you know I have privilege if you've never had it?

:smugbert: drops mic

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
If you have veteran license plates or stickers you're moto and dumb

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Veteran plate has definitely helped me out with some police interactions.

That and I went to AA with like half the towns force.

Idk I don't have a problem with vet plates

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In some states vet plates are free. Thats the best reason imo

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Yep. You get them same day here, too. As opposed to paper plates with the real ones in the mail.

You also get free parking at state parks, which is nice since I'm doing my GIS project in a state park

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Showing off is very hedonistic

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Teflon Don posted:

If you have veteran license plates or stickers you're moto and dumb

I'm not going to pay extra money to get non vet license plates.

Not to mention giving up on the high resistance to speeding and parking tickets.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Jarmak posted:

I'm not going to pay extra money to get non vet license plates.

Not to mention giving up on the high resistance to speeding and parking tickets.

I do pay extra money, but only because the vet plates here are butt ugly

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't have vet plates but I drive around with a toughbox, two A bags and a rag strapped to my car roof at all times, so what

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't have vet plates on principle. I'd rather eat a ticket than wear a scarlet letter again.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

If only we all had sick tattoos, say perhaps a serial number, that we could show off as a sign of our shared burden and experiences. Society would HAVE to respect us!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What? You don't have your laundry mark tattooed on your wrist?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

What? You don't have your laundry mark tattooed on your wrist?

You're triggering me. Memories of being yelled at for not tying a laundry bag to a bunk correctly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I've got vet plates on my personal cars and my food truck because I live in the south. They changed the way the iraq plates were set up, though, so I've got one that says "operation iraqi freedom" and two that just have the campaign medal on it.

I like it because I've got a four letter license plate that's super easy to remember and I'm going to get less grief if I get pulled over.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
You're a dingus if you qualify for vet plates and don't get them. I understand if you're ashamed of being associated with the military, but it makes dealing with cops way easy and you're probably still wearing M frames anyways so it's not like you're on the DL.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Why the gently caress are you guys dealing with cops so often you need poo poo to hedge the bet?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Why the gently caress are you guys dealing with cops so often you need poo poo to hedge the bet?

I don't always speed, but when I do, I make sure I'm blind stinking drunk.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I smoke a lot of weed and have a hero complex

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I rarely ever deal with cops, but I have gotten pulled over recently (burnt out tag light) on a semi-rural highway in Texas. If I had regular florida plates, I almost certainly would have got at least one ticket. Vet tags? Checks license and insurance and sends me on my way with directions to the nearest truck stop that will have bulbs for me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

App13 posted:

I smoke a lot of weed

Also this.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

RichieHimself posted:

You're a dingus if you qualify for vet plates and don't get them. I understand if you're ashamed of being associated with the military, but it makes dealing with cops way easy and you're probably still wearing M frames anyways so it's not like you're on the DL.

It's just kind of disingenuous for me to roll around with a BSM plate when I got it purely by virtue of my rank and nothing else.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I stole GSA plates and now I never have any issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

But my hyperbolic example proves that your argument/method is that of a stupid person

• Locked thread