Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

Hot dang, had my first blueberry harvest. Saving up in spring to afford 36 of it and corn has paid off handsomely.

100 Blueberries, about 10k g (I kept some gold stars to jam.)

Bring it Cranberries :getin:

quality doesn't matter when processing crops into artisan goods, it's all the same in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

quality doesn't matter when processing crops into artisan goods, it's all the same in the end.

This is probably my biggest complaint. Seems like an oversight.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought artisan goods took the value of the item and multiplied it, so silver/gold goods gave out more expensive artisan goods?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Leal posted:

I thought artisan goods took the value of the item and multiplied it, so silver/gold goods gave out more expensive artisan goods?

Yes and no. It does multiple the value, but only the base value. Gold is a 1.5 multiplier which is replaced by the 3x multiplier of wine.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

hi I'm a minimum-mid-20's bearded farmer guy, just gonna cold open on this scene where I'm standing in the middle of a young girl's room, staring at her, until she notices me

then she brushes off that a stranger has snuck into her room and just asks for help playing a video game

I have two hearts with her, that is barely above "I won't treat you like a drunk homeless guy on the street I'm walking past" level

at 4 hearts I fully expect we will be married with 3 kids

On my first week in town I kicked down the door to a doctor's appointment and gave some weeds I had just pulled up to the doctor and patient, and they were grateful for it.

The residents are weirdly tolerant of your incredibly unsubtle and disturbing social advances.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Does anyone know how cattle pregnancy works? I have a twice upgrade barn and one of every animal. They're all happy and have been for a while. No babies. Do I have to do something special? Just wait a really long time?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just wait and make sure they are all set to allow pregnancy. I got nothing for weeks and then one of my goats gave birth 2 nights in a row.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just entered my second spring. I only have access to quality sprinklers because I don't have a reliable source of iridium yet. That means no 9x9 plot. Farming is exhausting.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't ever spend iridium on sprinklers anyway, just buy them from the traveler lady or the sewer imp

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you feel weird about preserving/kegging gold star items, use them in recipes instead. It's just as useless since quality doesn't matter for cooking but you'll feel like a better cook for using quality ingredients! It's probably why everyone always love my snail sashimi.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

EponymousMrYar posted:

scrub tier, i have 100 blueberry plants

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a mod to remove the item loss death penalty from the mines? The combat in this game is not good enough to warrant such a harsh penalty.

I'm totally fine with the gold loss and whatever, but losing random items(including said obsidian blade, all my food, etc) is too much. Last time it emptied my entire inventory sans pick, axe, and hoe; taking 19 items and 4800 gold, and I just alt+f4'd right there, gently caress that.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 18, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

EponymousMrYar posted:

Hot dang, had my first blueberry harvest. Saving up in spring to afford 36 of it and corn has paid off handsomely.

Sell the golds and keep regulars. It doesn't have an effect on jam or wine.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I started keeping all gold stuff in the fridge because I could but don't do that, certain things like the mushroom cave are never gold and it'll get annoying if you sperg out about that stuff at all. Just sell gold poo poo once you are in full keg/kitchen mode. Fertilizer becomes optional at that point.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 18, 2016

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Crushing the fair:

gently caress you, Pierre. That was for year one.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I wonder how much of that stuff Pierre bought from you in the first place. What a dick.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got a 97 in the fair and it was my first year. I think using the pink cake my Mom sent me helped. Surely nobody knows I didn't make it myself...

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

I GOT loving 98 POINTS AND CAME SECOND.

GAAH

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Mazz posted:

Uhhhhhh I just found out you can rotate a lot of the furniture by clicking while it's selected.

I've played for 40 hours and I never knew this

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

I thought so too? I expected another thing to link in the awful mods thread but instead it was just some cute outfits. A pleasant surprise!!

lmao same

On that note absolutely nobody should go to that thread and look at the treasure trove of awful I found on the Nexus.

No, really, don't do it, you don't want to know.

Mazz posted:

Uhhhhhh I just found out you can rotate a lot of the furniture by clicking while it's selected.

...MOTHERFUCKER

A Spider Covets posted:

So I just got married the first time

can your spouse change your walls/floor at random? I reset mine after we got married but then my walls changed again 2 weeks later.

I found that out earlier. I figure Elliott sees it more than I do, so I just let him decorate how he likes. :3:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Dragongem posted:

I've played for 40 hours and I never knew this

I've played 100 hours and it's news to me.

Obviously now everything must be redecorated.

Edit: Actually, now that we're talking about decoration, it pisses me off that I can't put furniture outside. I want to make a nice park area by the lake with benches, dammit!

Eschers Basement fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 18, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can you move chests without destroying the stuff inside?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Deified Data posted:

Can you move chests without destroying the stuff inside?

No, you can't move them unless they're empty.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can move the stuff inside and then the chest. But not together with the chest.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Eschers Basement posted:

Edit: Actually, now that we're talking about decoration, it pisses me off that I can't put furniture outside. I want to make a nice park area by the lake with benches, dammit!

definitely.

now that i'm basically self sufficient with a minimum of actual farming, i've been working on converting my land into a giant flower garden (with the occasional beehive i mean let's not pretend that i can't make MORE MONEY) with winding paths, lamp posts and a few wells for that chintzy pastoral touch the home and garden magazines love, and i would really like to put benches there as well

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

IAmTheRad posted:

I never got into kegs/bees in the first place. I mean I have one hive, but that was for finishing a bundle. I'm only in Fall of my first year, midway through. Did manage to secure everything at the Festival after winning first place with 92 points and fishing for the remaining 2400 points to buy everything.

The one thing that takes me the longest time is watering my crops. I basically do them all by hand. I only have 2 quality sprinklers set up. I don't mine, it takes me too long to water everything so I could then head to the mines to try and get farther. The only time I have gone into the mines was when it was raining, but now when the weather is bad I go and fish my stamina away.

Are you upgrading your watering can? It's a bit nuts that it takes you so long to water everything. I feel like you should settle for less crops so that you can start exploring a bit more. Before I set up my sprinklers I was done by around 10am, and I usually buy as many seeds as I can afford unless I'm saving for something specific.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Eschers Basement posted:

I've played 100 hours and it's news to me.

Obviously now everything must be redecorated.

I was happy i found the single lone square you can set up a chest on outside the front door. It would be nice to be able to put more stuff outside for sure.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
You can put chests basically anywhere though :confused: I have a gardening-supplies chest sitting on the ground in my field.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

I'd like to be able to put things on my porch maybe

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

You can put chests basically anywhere though :confused: I have a gardening-supplies chest sitting on the ground in my field.

on the porch/stoop/whatever you want to call it

It looks like there is enough space everywhere but it seems like you can only do it on one spot

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sloober posted:

on the porch/stoop/whatever you want to call it

It looks like there is enough space everywhere but it seems like you can only do it on one spot

The placement box turns red unless you're exactly one step away and it's a valid tile. You can't use it to tell if a space is valid from any other distance.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

The White Dragon posted:

scrub tier, i have 100 blueberry plants
I couldn't afford that, I thought Corn would be my big moneymaker for Summer (while supplementing fall) and two rows of hops to save up for kegging.
Also I haven't upgraded my watering can yet. That is a lot of plants to water.

Going to have a lot more money for fall things though.

Didn't know the artisan goods price multiplier was a replacement for the quality one. I'll keep half/a harvest of them to jam for gifts. Need more preservers for that though.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Just unlocked the Keg. :getin:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Chard posted:

This is probably my biggest complaint. Seems like an oversight.

I don't mind it, it makes those gold crops more useful because you can get the immediate increased sell value, rather than throwing it into a keg or preserve jar and need to wait a few days. It's also really hard to have as many artisan converters as you do incoming crops. By and large I sell golds that aren't going to be of some use later (such as for community center bundles, the Luau, festival display, etc.) and keep the regulars and silvers, depending on how the harvests turn out, for artisan conversion and gifts.

It also makes going for crop speed +10% instead of +50% artisan sale price less of a losing proposition, although I definitely regret that choice now and would do it the other way if I could choose it again. That's one thing I'd love to see, the ability to change your level up skill choices along with more options to choose from, seems like the kind of features you could implement at the same time. I mean, at a minimum I expect there to be a higher level cap down the line, maybe even all the way up to 20 (though 15 would obviously be like half the work and is probably more likely), with skill choices every 5 levels and new items along the way, that seems like the type of sensible and big content addition that could come within a year. You'd probably add in a higher tier of ore type along with that too. Any ideas for what new craftable items or could be added for each skill type? I could see a more powerful scarecrow and sprinklers with a wider area, more artisan craft options for crops, regaining life from killing enemies... I don't know, I think there's some real possibilities there and it makes sense to build onto the late game, considering that's where people are rapidly heading and they'll be hungry for more and fresher content.

I'm probably not going to bother with fertilizer going forward, or only use it on the sections of 3x15 crops that I have permanently getting sprinkler water. One less thing to do, and I won't get bummed when I forget to replant a crop and see a fertilized path of ground disappear. And I guess the greenhouse is obviously always going to be fertilized since it's provably the most valuable planting area you can have, growing any season's crop in there is such a convenience.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Is there some secret to decorating the house so your spouse doesn't complain about pathing? I keep getting "so messy in here" while she stands in the same spot all day. I assume it's a way to tell the player that she can't navigate to wherever she needs to go, but I keep getting it even when I remove all the special furniture and leave the TV, bed and table exactly where they were originally.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Joda posted:

Is there some secret to decorating the house so your spouse doesn't complain about pathing? I keep getting "so messy in here" while she stands in the same spot all day. I assume it's a way to tell the player that she can't navigate to wherever she needs to go, but I keep getting it even when I remove all the special furniture and leave the TV, bed and table exactly where they were originally.

Nope, even if you pick up all the furniture you can it still happens.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Just unlocked the Keg. :getin:

Congratulations on your newfound wealth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Joda posted:

welcome to marriage

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Here's a few questions:

People have been saying get lots of preservers, but so far coal is the problem - with 8 a pop I never seem to have enough. I have 6 right now, and I'm roughly 10 days into Fall (1st year). How much should I get?

Also, should I go to the dungeons on sunny days as well? I've mostly just gone when it rains, otherwise I seem to be short on time and energy to delve very deep.

My crops have provided fine so far, but I haven't delved into the dungeon enough to get much gold - just managed to reach level 80 a while ago. Therefore I'd like more quality sprinklers. Is that the best way to spend gold bars, if you have lots of crops?

Waifu-wise I'm going for Leah, Abigail, while sufficiently nerdy, seems a bit too young. We're at 4 hearts and I keep tossing seasonal foraging products her way. I don't think I can craft any of her best liked items yet (or missed the ingredients for them).

Loving the game though, it's seriously addictive in the whole "one more turn/day ... whoops it's 2 AM" sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
For coal you could always upgrade your axe and go full lumberjack. The charcoal burner or whatever its called makes coal really fast, something like 15-20 seconds.