Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SaberToothedPie posted:

really doesn't sound that tanky until like 30 minutes

Suggestions for stuff to swap in/out? Black Cleaver over Ghostblade might work and help beef it up some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah switch the devourer for warrior

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
But that's boring :colbert:

I just want to go gently caress around with Sated and Denting Blows

E: You're absolutely right though, I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way to make Devourer work on her because it sounds fun to have Denting Blows proc every other swing

Magres fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 19, 2016

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

If you're farming all those items instead of ganking you're playing Vi wrong

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Someone whisper to me on the Yung King Jarvan IV, I've figured him out but wanna really know him.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Magres posted:

But that's boring :colbert:

I just want to go gently caress around with Sated and Denting Blows

E: You're absolutely right though, I'm just trying to figure out if there's a way to make Devourer work on her because it sounds fun to have Denting Blows proc every other swing

Devourer Vi is loving scary. Add on Black Cleaver, Maw, and Deadmans and she's a monster.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Vi scales hard with raw AD and armour pen, don't build devourer on her.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

its better to have a big honking burst on the denting blow proc than more denting blow procs you'll inevitably miss out on when ppl escape your melee range

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Nothing gets me harder than when the enemy team picks all AD and we have a Malphite and I pick Rammus into Yi. Sorry not sorry.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Magres posted:

Has anyone tried tanky devourer Vi? Sounds kinda fun

Something like Devourer, Ghostblade, and 3 of Dead Man's Plate, ZZ'Rot, Maw, and Randuin's

You'd either get super fed with this build and still lose or fall behind and never be able to initiate and lose brutally. I've seen people do this kind of poo poo on Xin Zhao and when I tab the scoreboard and see something like this I just tell people to focus that jungler when they inevitably engage and they get killed in <1 second.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Magres posted:

Suggestions for stuff to swap in/out? Black Cleaver over Ghostblade might work and help beef it up some

devourer DMP Cleaver????

thats still probably bad but at least you will go fast and not get 2shot

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The answer to every build is zzrot. Go devourer zzrot. Actually don't go devourer.

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.
Is there a Goon club on EUW?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

You'd either get super fed with this build and still lose or fall behind and never be able to initiate and lose brutally. I've seen people do this kind of poo poo on Xin Zhao and when I tab the scoreboard and see something like this I just tell people to focus that jungler when they inevitably engage and they get killed in <1 second.

Xin with Sated and Rageblade should be really hard to kill unless you hard cc him for more than a second. as soon as he gets spirit visage and some kind of armor item he becomes an unstoppable beast.

he farms so quickly and ganks so powefully after clearing with 100% hp its not even like you have to forego ganking at all, just do both and also take dragon when you inevitably smash the mid/botlane's faces in or ruin the enemy jungler's life.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm glad this new club system means that it's even more obvious when I soloqueue on a fourstack :suicide:

Noosphere
Aug 31, 2008

[[[error]]] Damn not found.

Sneakums posted:

Is there a Goon club on EUW?

Yeah, add "Strong" in game, and he'll invite you to the cool kids club.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Getting loving tired of zed mid every single game

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So what's everyone's experience with crafting so far? I don't play that much SR, and I got all of my chests and three key fragments so far. I don't think I'll have any problem getting or opening chests overall.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the only nice thing is that they start you out with 800 free essence so you can wait a while and craft something cool for free

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Safety Scissors posted:

So what's everyone's experience with crafting so far? I don't play that much SR, and I got all of my chests and three key fragments so far. I don't think I'll have any problem getting or opening chests overall.

I think I am picking this point as when i quit playing league. I already feel that there are already too many grindy and irrelevant features, and this will just be another layer of that on top.

Combine that with the games that are 30-2 stomps by 20 mins this season, and the current meta/balance, and I'm just not having a ton of fun with the game atm. Maybe I'll check back in a few patches.

Later goons, I did enjoy the goonman games :)

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

quote:

Summary for AJ so no one has to bad mouth me:
Got fed up with the game being a constant mess of bugs and retarded balance decisions, and the fact that we really don't seem to want to try or follow the balance decisions, uninstalled the game, blocked all league traffic on my firewall, put it behind a randomly generated password on an admin account so I can't reinstall without wiping the hard drive. Not playing this piece of poo poo game any more. You are all welcome to continue playing with another jungler if you would like, although I am willing to play pretty much any other non-Ghostcrawler game at this point.

friend of a friend got Real Mad at video games

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lerius posted:

I think I am picking this point as when i quit playing league. I already feel that there are already too many grindy and irrelevant features, and this will just be another layer of that on top.

Combine that with the games that are 30-2 stomps by 20 mins this season, and the current meta/balance, and I'm just not having a ton of fun with the game atm. Maybe I'll check back in a few patches.

It's free poo poo you goon

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
please stop being mad at videogames!!

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

It's free poo poo you goon

I get why people want to complain that the game is more convoluted, and crafting doesn't get you much. But its literally "here's a random unlock for playing the game, enjoy". It's the most bizarre thing to be mad about

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

But it's like counterstrike chests aaaa they ruined the game gently caress you rito

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lerius posted:

u mad?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

At least we'll never end up with hats that are worth $1000+.

The TF2 economy was the weirdest insanity I've ever witnessed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Chests are literally just ways to get stuff you used to only be able to get with real actual money. It's a Good Thing

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

New exclusive skin: Dollarfire Ezreal

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

YoshiOfYellow posted:

A TF2 hat apparently once sold for over $5,000. If memory serves it was the soldier's commissar hat and it had the "is on fire" effect. No actual in game effect; somebody paid $5,000 to have their head be on fire.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
This free stuff isn't free enough! gently caress you Riot!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I think the chests are implemented in a worse way than they could be, but yeah they're just free poo poo that you can also ignore if you don't care so I don't know why you'd quit over them lol

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

henkman posted:

I think the chests are implemented in a worse way than they could be, but yeah they're just free poo poo that you can also ignore if you don't care so I don't know why you'd quit over them lol

some guy itt a couple weeks ago said it was 'emotionally manipulative' or something to have them hahaha

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah usually those Korean mmo loot chest poo poo are pretty bad and prey on people who essentially have gambling problems, but you can just cut out the middleman and just buy whatever skin you want so...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Except hextexh annie

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

This free stuff isn't free enough! gently caress you Riot!

SKINNER

BOX

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Chests are literally just ways to get stuff you used to only be able to get with real actual money. It's a Good Thing

No n mm nn nook noo but

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

ive got a brolaf shard sitting around waiting for me to get the reasonable couple hundred more essence to unlock it. i would never buy that skin with money but getting it for free is great

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The only problem I have with the system is that you can get shards for champions/skins that you already own. I'm one skin shard away from being able to re-roll; I hope that the resulting skin can't be a dupe as well, but I'm guessing it can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Firebert posted:

The only problem I have with the system is that you can get shards for champions/skins that you already own. I'm one skin shard away from being able to re-roll; I hope that the resulting skin can't be a dupe as well, but I'm guessing it can.

Nah, it can't be a duplicate. Riot confirmed that you can get Hextech Annie automatically if you do that while having literally every other skin in the game. (Which someone tested because someone has too much loving money.)

• Locked thread