Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

how dare that non technical woman dress like a child

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ADINSX posted:

The first thing i thought when I read the headline was "wtf is this the 90s?" and lol its the first sentence in the article.
before you know it ms will be listing release dates on future projects as "when it's done" and blow their budget on pizza, beer, and strippers :dukedog:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

THC posted:

in most cases the gay was actually inside them all along and they just don't want to face that uncomfortable reality

somewhere, a middle manager at microsfot just shivered and clenched his bhole and he doesnt know why

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

somewhere, a middle manager at microsfot just shivered and clenched his bhole and he doesnt know why

he's about to be stack ranked :quagmire:

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

ADINSX posted:

The first thing i thought when I read the headline was "wtf is this the 90s?" and lol its the first sentence in the article.

I dunno, scathing blogpieces about GDC parties seemed to peak around 2010. Every year there are 30 GDC afterparties hosted in nightclubs and twice as many upset headlines assuming that Mojang or Microsoft hired strippers, when in reality they're staples of whatever club they rented out for the night.

I've been to two of these things and hated the experience, but more of the "this music is too loud" hate and not the "this industry event is HOSTILE to people like me"

THC posted:

literally not one single person in the entire video game industry has the self-awareness to come up with something like this and even if they did it would be shut down by a straight male executive or manager.

http://kotaku.com/booth-babes-so-2012-booth-bros-are-where-its-at-now-513039276

I want to say that Volition used booth bros for a Saints Row booth one year, but I might be thinking of someone else.

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 18, 2016

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

je1 healthcare posted:

I want to say that Volition used booth bros for a Saints Row booth one year, but I might me thinking of someone else.

They're wearing too much, and the name isn't degrading enough, how about "Booth Beef"?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

je1 healthcare posted:

I want to say that Volition used booth bros for a Saints Row booth one year, but I might me thinking of someone else.
oh look it's an article from 2013 about e3, how would you like one from 2006 http://www.wired.com/2006/01/e3-expo-bans-booth-babes/

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

anthonypants posted:

oh look it's an article from 2013 about e3, how would you like one from 2006 http://www.wired.com/2006/01/e3-expo-bans-booth-babes/

It's alright! but kind of short and describes a ban that is really just a stricter dress code. Hence booth babes still being in use at subsequent E3s: http://www.1up.com/features/e3-11-booth-babes

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

je1 healthcare posted:

It's alright! but kind of short and describes a ban that is really just a stricter dress code. Hence booth babes still being in use at subsequent E3s: http://www.1up.com/features/e3-11-booth-babes

iirc some of the bigger companies had slutty booth babes anyway because they felt it was worth it for them to just eat the fine

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

univbee posted:

slutty booth babes

That's somebody's daughter

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Dislike button posted:

That's somebody's daughter

you don't know that, she might be a single brother-less orphan and therefore not under a man's protection

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

THC posted:

literally not one single person in the entire video game industry has the self-awareness to come up with something like this and even if they did it would be shut down by a straight male executive or manager.

i guess you're not familiar with robert yang's work~

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

je1 healthcare posted:

I dunno, scathing blogpieces about GDC parties seemed to peak around 2010. Every year there are 30 GDC afterparties hosted in nightclubs and twice as many upset headlines assuming that Mojang or Microsoft hired strippers, when in reality they're staples of whatever club they rented out for the night.

I mean MS couldn't be expected to know Big Al's House of Knockers would have lewd dancing an pick a different place for the party, right???

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I mean MS couldn't be expected to know Big Al's House of Knockers would have lewd dancing an pick a different place for the party, right???

Hey, it's the guy I brutally crushed with my precision posting so hard that he didn't come back for nearly a full day.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hey, it's the guy I brutally crushed with my precision posting so hard that he didn't come back for nearly a full day.

?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

i'd believe it if someone said your posting was driving people away.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
oh. you were right tori my bad.

Apr 7, 2003

akadajet posted:

i'd believe it if someone said your posting was driving people away.

Roaches flee from sunlight, yes.

Apr 7, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

oh. you were right tori my bad.

Excellent.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

univbee posted:

paul status: still mad

paul cant even

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol if he hasnt blocked u on twitter

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

triple sulk posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

triple sulk posted:

lol if you on twitter

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

lol if you on twitter

so what's your twitter?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/18/microsoft-is-trying-to-make-chrome-extensions-work-on-edge/

Epic.

Epic ftw.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

eschaton posted:

how the gently caress is that even a thing?

iirc, there's still bug that will make Outlook hang if your printer does initialize properly. the fix is to disconnect your printer. to launch Outlook.

the code to print text to the screen in Word is reused from the code to print text to paper. and that same code is employed again in Outlook. so a problem with the printer means Outlook can't work.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that seems to be their strategy for everything. you can port whole iOS apps to work on MS stuff.

they can't make a single thing that would earnestly attract developers, just make Windows as simple a second thought as they can.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
The problem with Android is that you never know if you'll get updated

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the iPad 2 turned 5 years old about a week ago

it still gets iOS updates

same with the 4+ year old 4S

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

The problem with Android is that you never know if you'll get updated

i assume 50% of windows phones in use are wp7-era hardware, which is just too slow to run a modern os

windows phone market share has been falling, so 3 year old devices are probably over-represented in the install base

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

win 10 is incredibly responsive on a lumia 640 which is now a $30 phone. it's objectively a better option than any sub-400 dollar android

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

but what is there to do on it?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

mobile telephony and telecommunications.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i assume 50% of windows phones in use are wp7-era hardware, which is just too slow to run a modern os

windows phone market share has been falling, so 3 year old devices are probably over-represented in the install base

wp7 hardware never got upgraded to wp8

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

microsoft solitare

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Cocoa Crispies posted:

wp7 hardware never got upgraded to wp8

yeah the "haha so you thought you were on a supported platform" prank has been pulled twice now

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the ultimate joke is windows phone, regardless of version or hardware, is not a supported platform

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Thanks Ants posted:

yeah the "haha so you thought you were on a supported platform" prank has been pulled twice now

yeah and wp6.x was still the best Windows phone

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

pram posted:

the ultimate joke is windows, regardless of version or hardware, is not a supported platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

triple sulk posted:

win 10 is incredibly responsive on a lumia 640 which is now a $30 phone. it's objectively a better option than any sub-400 dollar android
even the most fervent nutballs on the win sites don't say this

• Locked thread