Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

EasyEW posted:

Skippy (January 17, 1929)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4GwUD1UY8

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Cats can oink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meaz8K3OU1Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Minnesota's mascot looks suspiciously like the mascot from The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG3yGdQYwqg&t=105s

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The article above that first Feiffer sounds really interesting.

Slammy posted:

Life In Hell

gently caress

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

RandomFerret posted:

gently caress
I remember reading my dad's collection of these comics as a kid and being like "Haha yeah school is messed up," and now as a teacher reading them again in this thread, I'm more like "Please, I'm just trying to do my job :smithicide:" I guess it's time for me to accept that I'm The Man. Soon I'll start identifying with Rose is Rose and turning into "edgy" alter egos when I add a little paprika to some soup and throw my kids out into the snow to freeze. Help me.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

We've actually gone to great lengths in my department to address many of Groening's complaints here, but since we're at the college level by then it's usually too late. Of course, we have grant money and no arbitrary national testing standards to meet, so we actually get to experiment until something works, whereas most K-12 systems don't have that luxury.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Don't store your files on the desktop arrrgggghhhhhhhh :argh:

"I better strike up some sexy poses while I'm crawling across this chasm of death."

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 18, 2016

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

You sly dog, Mark.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set reduces, reuses, and recycles.

Working Daze is getting into the Mark Trail style.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is full of bloody quantum.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is getting into the Mark Trail style.

The dutch angles only make the bad art more obvious

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Endless Mike posted:

Technically it is Pibgorn and it's not really new as he is redrawing (and apparently occasionally tweaking) his pre-9CL strip.

It's...not bad, honestly.
It has saved us from months of Pibgorn updates, so even though it's him self-indulgently rehashing a rejected strip, I can live with it.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Why the long face, Mary?

Rex Morgan MD

"Look, are you going to let me in my car or do I have to stab you with my keys?"

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

It's unfortunate that the missing Sundays really take a good chunk out of this story.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 18, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Phil with a serious case of Don Martin face here.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm pretty certain that those middle two panels should be swapped.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

The Phantom is a firm believer in accelerationist policy.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 18, 1929)

Peanuts (March 21, 1969)

Mopey Pete's Silver Age Funhouse

Crankshaft

Li'l Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 14-15, 1928)

Thimble Theater (October 5, 1929)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gunther is just the worst.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 23, 1951)

Barnaby (July 31, 1942)

Nancy (April 9, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 21, 1928)

Gasoline Alley (January 19, 1923)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes, September 7-9, 1992

Ripley's

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Gunther is just the worst.
Is there any way I'm supposed to read that last panel other than he's breaking into horrified tears at the thought of being close to... A GURRRRRRRRRRRL!!! :cry:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

The only way that this Luann arc would satisfy me is if Gunther realized it was Australian boy that he actually loved this whole time, and runs off to new york to chase him, and then maybe after he gets rejected for being a goon, he gets hit by a bus or something The Bus, so we can just show reruns of that again.

The Bus will set you free

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

So, how much hate mail do you think Hilary's going to get for showing two women in bed together?

Pros and Cons, with Special Guest Hans Moleman

Selachian fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 18, 2016

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

root posted:

Is there any way I'm supposed to read that last panel other than he's breaking into horrified tears at the thought of being close to... A GURRRRRRRRRRRL!!! :cry:

Nope! You have the correct interpretation! Even when Gunther had a hot Latin girlfriend who was totally into him he would break into panic sweats at the thought of actually... omg... kissing her!!! On the lips!!!!:froggonk:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Gunther freaks out when women make romantic advances towards him, he freaks out when his mother engages in a relationship with other men, and he generally only shows interest in women when other relationships prohibit them from being with him... man would a therapist have a field day.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set makes good neighbors.

Working Daze is "quirky".

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is the first step towards failure.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

root posted:

Abject horror at Tiffany's hideousness.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Green Intern posted:

I'm pretty certain that those middle two panels should be swapped.
I think it's a different car than the first panel. In panel 1, Martin and some of his gang get shot up by the cops, and he doubles back to try the state highway. Meanwhile, in panel 2 his "follow-up gang" (a different car with different gangsters in it) are roaring down Highway 4 when the cops start shooting at them. The driver of that car decides to keep going, not realizing that the cops blocked off the road with the DEATH TRUCK. Final tally: one gangster car shot up and headed towards another ambush, one gangster car obliterated and everyone in it dead.

(Also, I think the DEATH TRUCK was loaded with explosives? I seem to remember an earlier strip where one of the cops who parked it across the highway was bragging about it. As any good law enforcement officer would, naturally: setting up a trap that will murder the absolute gently caress out of criminals rather than waste time and money on a trial and prison terms? Even Dick Tracy would be impressed!)

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

root posted:

Better out of context.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Roland Jones posted:

Abject horror at Tiffany's hideousness.
Her face seems to show she gets that a lot, but I think it's more 'You're not my mom!'

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

root posted:

Not just "a girl" as in any random girl. I think "working in reverse" means that he's just realized that Tiff has in fact turned up the heat on him and he's turned on.

But the horrified part, yeah, that's still there, because he still hasn't got a clue what to do about it.

She deserves better, but I'd bet my bracket winnings (hah!) that this is where it's going (at least until the Evanses decide to stomp on Tiffany some more).

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 18, 2016

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lowen SoDium posted:

Better out of context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrograde_ejaculation
:captainpop:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

TofuDiva posted:

(at least until the Evanses decide to stomp on Tiffany some more).

Which will ironically have the opposite effect, as literally anything is better than being Gunther's significant other.

Except maybe being Luann's.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Octatonic posted:

The only way that this Luann arc would satisfy me is if Gunther realized it was Australian boy that he actually loved this whole time, and runs off to new york to chase him, and then maybe after he gets rejected for being a goon, he gets hit by a bus or something The Bus, so we can just show reruns of that again.
Awwww. This is sweet. I mean the bus part, of course.

Bonus olde timey ad:

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for bigger)
"drunk-o-vision" is gone, but we did skip ahead.

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for bigger)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell (click for bigger)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 20, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo, in which somebody's been sleeping it off. (March 20-21, 1958)

Pogo was a real influencer this week. This sequence with Pogo and Albert was cited from the Senate floor on the 20th by Sen. William Fulbright (D-Arkansas) when talking about Eisenhower "borrowing" antirecession ideas from Democrats. In his analogy, Lyndon Johnson, who was the Dem Senate leader at the time, was Pogo.

AP posted:

"Every suggestion Pogo has made has been accepted immediately by Albert as something already conceived and desirable beyond question," Fulbright said. He said Albert's philosophy "seems to me to characterize perfectly the attitude of President Eisenhower toward the present recession and toward the Democratic leader of the Senate.

"Time and time again the President reiterates the view that there is no urgency--that things will get better in March--and at the same time he points with pride to his deep and fervent concern to combat a recession that does not really exist."

Peanuts: Year Four (July 1-4, 1954)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh wow, this is something that you'd see made in response to a modern Dilbert, not something you'd see in one unedited. Hell, it's the kind of thing Adams would probably complain about on his blog if you showed it to him.

• Locked thread