Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

nuru posted:

Wouldn't this be a good reason for him to quit, not to stay?

Yeah but he wants him to quit after he's already gone, so it is no longer cods problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cods
Nov 14, 2005

Oh snap-kins!
Exactly, because I would have to deal with it. Also it would be really weird trying to hire a sous chef when im leaving/they haven't got another Chef yet. The sous would have no idea who he's going to be working with.

cods
Nov 14, 2005

Oh snap-kins!
Sorry for double post.

This is what happens whenever you put something other than liquid in the Hobart:

https://imgur.com/Q46fAC0

Three seconds later the bowl flew off onto the floor.

cods fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 19, 2016

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i honestly had no idea it was possible for a hobart to get that visibly beat up

what the gently caress have you been beating the body of the machine with to leave those dents and rusted pockmarks?!?! i'm pretty sure that metal is Literally Bulletproof or at least was before it got crushed to poo poo

cods posted:

Talking down sous chef from quitting, because I am quitting, and so is another manager. Too much crazy.

With nothing but this line to illustrate the particulars of the conversation: This is a dickish move imho. It is unethical to encourage people to stick it out in your current workplace.

e; to be clear its unethical to discourage them, too. But ownership has made their bed, let them try to sleep in it while the workers exercise what agency is available to them. Capitalism only makes sense in the presence of a semi-rational conversation between labor and ownership, even if that conversation is a lot of personnel leaving for greener pastures at the same time.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 19, 2016

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
is there a word for the complex network of emotions when you get told to shoe out a batch of mousse that'll be 86'd off the menu in two days, so you go out of your way to gently caress it up in every way and purposely add WAAAAAAYYYYY too much rum into the mix so you can requisition more rum, like 300% more rum than is a recommendable idera, and then you taste the whole thing and it is without even a little pride or shame the absolute best and most perfectly balanced mousse you've made in your life? and nobody except you alone will taste it?

Is there a word for all of that? There should be a word for that, I think.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 19, 2016

cods
Nov 14, 2005

Oh snap-kins!
I know. I can't blame him or anyone wanting to quit in this poo poo hole. Anything that could potentially keep me here longer, or make my time here any more miserable I'm trying to cut down on.

And yeah, the Hobart. It's a piece of poo poo. I've worked I lovely bars in bumfuck Georgia that have had a better Hobart. The thing about this place is that the dishwashers and cooks literally thrash EVERYTHING. it's like Vietnam.

Also all the gears are hosed so it barely gets through simple tasks like pasta dough. The paddle will just sit in the same spot and whine for 10 seconds before moving. the dough hook is also missing. And I am pretty sure the bowl is not the original bowl so it doesn't fit right. About two months ago the sous broke the kitchen aid(thing that holds the attachments just split in two) and I had to chose between getting a new one of those, or getting the Bart fixed.

What I'm talking about now is AFTER the owner got it "repaired". Before the (wrong size bowl that shoots off) had no nipple. All of the safety features were disabled. The grater attachment omg. There were so many pieces missing that to grind cheese, two people had to hold the thing in place and hope no one's arm got ripped off, feed it without a guard hope or the wrong piece wouldn't catch at take someone eyes out.

Why everyone is retarded:

Let me start by saying the pay here(except for me and my sous ironically) is soooooo bad. So the old chef just promoted dishwashers to cooks, because she couldn't afford real cooks. The dishwashers come from a guy that works here, whenever we need one we ask him, and he brings in a fresh off the boat dude from not even a good country, who has no idea what's going on. Vicious cycle.

Also I was making pasta dough, something retarded happened, and I had to stop for 15 minutes and come back to it. Then I took the bowl off and saw this:

https://imgur.com/hspoizl

Niiiice. A little machine oil in your linguini? Jesus give me strength. So not only is it not mixed properly because the Hobart sucks, but I had to throw the dough out from the machine cumming.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

cods posted:

I know. I can't blame him or anyone wanting to quit in this poo poo hole. Anything that could potentially keep me here longer, or make my time here any more miserable I'm trying to cut down on.

The only thing that'll keep you there is you. The only reason you've stuck it out so far is you. In the relationship between you and the owner, and all the craziness that permeates it, you are the only reason you're still putting up with it today and you are the only reason you'll put up with it tomorrow. Only you. That's my point. You're passing on (or attempting to pass) delusional thinking to your sous, that he is obliged to dance madly upon the lip of the volcano because That's Professionalism. That's lame, friend! Please correct me if I'm off-base here, but most of my conception of the world in 2016 is that the good guys won WWII and that an individual of talent can leave the second they have a better place to go if such is their desire!

also hey watch it i was a dishwasher who got bumped to cook! some of us actually earn the spot over time, hosed as it is to believe.

Although in dish even I had the sense to not put knives and cast irons through the machine, and was certainly not able let alone willing to do such damage to a hobart, so maybe you're just deservedly salty over your very very Special breed.

ps mods please namechange to Machine Cum Linguini, tia

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

cods posted:

And yeah, the Hobart. It's a piece of poo poo. I've worked I lovely bars in bumfuck Georgia that have had a better Hobart. The thing about this place is that the dishwashers and cooks literally thrash EVERYTHING. it's like Vietnam.

Also all the gears are hosed so it barely gets through simple tasks like pasta dough. The paddle will just sit in the same spot and whine for 10 seconds before moving. the dough hook is also missing. And I am pretty sure the bowl is not the original bowl so it doesn't fit right. About two months ago the sous broke the kitchen aid(thing that holds the attachments just split in two) and I had to chose between getting a new one of those, or getting the Bart fixed.

What I'm talking about now is AFTER the owner got it "repaired". Before the (wrong size bowl that shoots off) had no nipple. All of the safety features were disabled. The grater attachment omg. There were so many pieces missing that to grind cheese, two people had to hold the thing in place and hope no one's arm got ripped off, feed it without a guard hope or the wrong piece wouldn't catch at take someone eyes out.

Why everyone is retarded:

Let me start by saying the pay here(except for me and my sous ironically) is soooooo bad. So the old chef just promoted dishwashers to cooks, because she couldn't afford real cooks. The dishwashers come from a guy that works here, whenever we need one we ask him, and he brings in a fresh off the boat dude from not even a good country, who has no idea what's going on. Vicious cycle.

Also I was making pasta dough, something retarded happened, and I had to stop for 15 minutes and come back to it. Then I took the bowl off and saw this:

https://imgur.com/hspoizl

Niiiice. A little machine oil in your linguini? Jesus give me strength. So not only is it not mixed properly because the Hobart sucks, but I had to throw the dough out from the machine cumming.

Jesus loving christ, report your owner to OSHA, Health Dept, Dept of Labor, etc. THAT PLACE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN OPERATION.

Stop being a loving retard. you loving retard.

Jesus loving christ this goddamn industry.

e: I mean gently caress. Goddamn. You motherfuckers know what Goddamned Laws are? Jesus loving Christ. My job can loving suck sometimes, but at least it's goddamn lawful. You'd think that some people in this thread BEG AT THE PROPOSITION of working in a GODDAMN FACTORY CIRCA 1910.

Oh yeah, this thing is broken, and could kill me/poison someone, BUT AT LEAST I HAVE A JOB GUYS, HAHA.

loving goddamn, stand up for your loving self. How hard is it to say "No, this is isn't loving acceptable."?

And don't go and give me bullshit about paying your rent or bills. There's a goddamn cook shortage. I loving know because I can't get anyone loving hired.

gently caress

Chef De Cuisinart fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 19, 2016

cods
Nov 14, 2005

Oh snap-kins!
The new restaurant I'm opening up isn't quite, we'll, open yet so I'm just riding out the remainder of my notice, having to deal with this poo poo for another week or two.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Jesus loving christ, report your owner to OSHA, Health Dept, Dept of Labor, etc. THAT PLACE DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE IN OPERATION.

Stop being a loving retard. you loving retard.

Jesus loving christ this goddamn industry.

NONONONONO STFU we build up to that!!

right now this is triage salving what is LITERALLY a traumatic experience. right now we're literally doing therapy. right now we're working on "people are not actually literally chattel" we can get to the incredibly necessary OSHA notification in a day or three once we've established that cods has personhood and, hell, its even a good kind of person who has worth beyond their day-labor and professional expertise.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

cods posted:

The new restaurant I'm opening up isn't quite, we'll, open yet so I'm just riding out the remainder of my notice, having to deal with this poo poo for another week or two.

File OSHA complaint, get fired, sue owner for damages.

Seriously, you are in a shithole, you know it is a shithole, and you have done nothing to prevent said shithole from being a shithole!

Are you a good chef? Probably. Do I think you're talented? Bet you are! But you aren't doing anyone a favor, yourself included, if you continue this charade that everything is A-OKAY GUYS while your owner collects profit and you all continue to work in a, you guessed it, SHITHOLE.

Am I drunk? Yeah. Am I right? ehh, probably.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

loving goddamn, stand up for your loving self. How hard is it to say "No, this is isn't loving acceptable."?

Extremely, extraordinarily hard when your idea of who you are is wrapped up in the thing you do for money, and despite living in one of the biggest cities on earth it all feels claustrophobic when you're in a cloistered and incestuous professional subculture.

as a film editor in LA i should kn--oh. OH. :smithicide:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
handy 'how-much-notice-should-I-give' algorithm:

max notice you could give = min(notice your work is required to give before laying you off, notice your work typically gives before laying others off)

cods
Nov 14, 2005

Oh snap-kins!
Yeah, I was brought in to fix the place up. But it was already too far gone. The old chef somehow dealt with this poo poo for 3 years. How I don't know. I think it was her first chef job. The thing is though, we are loving busy. Again, how I don't know. Hipsters will eat anything and say it's good.

My first month I turned everything around and got the place good, even with the poo poo staff/equipment we had, but it just wasn't sustainable. Fix something one day, broken the next. Organize something one day, destroyed...

Then, the main thing I was brought in to do, which was improve the food, became impossible. When I started the owner was like "yeah, good quality products! Organic stuff! Farmers market! Seasonal!" then he found out that poo poo isn't free, and I could only order scrub tier food from scrub purveyors. So not only did I have to deal with tards, but lovely food as well. That was a breaking point.

Luckily on a lovely night where I had to deal with floods or rats or something I got a call from some people I used to work with and they were opening a new place. I know what I'm getting I to, I know the formula, and I know I'm only going to working with good product.

Im going to leave, and this place is going to keep going, stay busy, do the same poo poo it has for years. I told the Gm the least they could do, which wasn't done for me, is to tell the new guy what he is getting into.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

cods posted:

Yeah, I was brought in to fix the place up. But it was already too far gone. The old chef somehow dealt with this poo poo for 3 years. How I don't know. I think it was her first chef job. The thing is though, we are loving busy. Again, how I don't know. Hipsters will eat anything and say it's good.

My first month I turned everything around and got the place good, even with the poo poo staff/equipment we had, but it just wasn't sustainable. Fix something one day, broken the next. Organize something one day, destroyed...

Then, the main thing I was brought in to do, which was improve the food, became impossible. When I started the owner was like "yeah, good quality products! Organic stuff! Farmers market! Seasonal!" then he found out that poo poo isn't free, and I could only order scrub tier food from scrub purveyors. So not only did I have to deal with tards, but lovely food as well. That was a breaking point.

Luckily on a lovely night where I had to deal with floods or rats or something I got a call from some people I used to work with and they were opening a new place. I know what I'm getting I to, I know the formula, and I know I'm only going to working with good product.

Im going to leave, and this place is going to keep going, stay busy, do the same poo poo it has for years. I told the Gm the least they could do, which wasn't done for me, is to tell the new guy what he is getting into.

You're good right up until you talk about this place continuing to operate. Report them to the local authorities after you leave, at a minimum. You may not hear about it, but it's very likely that if they haven't already, they're going to get people very sick, maybe even killed.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

cods posted:

Report them to the proper authorities dude.

Don't keep on with the martyr attitude that this industry breeds. You are a professional, not a saint.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
I almost included this in my last post, thought it too harsh, and now I'm certain it's fair:

You absolutely deserve everything that happens to you starting the moment you walk in to your next shift. Every second that you are employed there, you are putting yourself in a bad position. Stop it.

cods
Nov 14, 2005

Oh snap-kins!
Believe me, if I dont my wife will. I'm just doing my best to get out of there.

Also, most of my day is chaos/damage control so I make sure not of this wild stuff gets served to anyone. I have to spend the majority of my time throwing things away, actually babysitting like it were a five year old, and deep cleaning.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I quit my first job just before the busy holiday season because my manager quit and I realized she was the only person there worth working for. I got to spend the days around Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family instead of hauling 40lb trays of turkeys in and out of smoke pits 12-15 hours a day. It was awesome.

How many days are there between now and your new job? How many more of those days are you willing to waste working for people you don't respect and don't respect you?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Currently serving the worlds most obvious drug dealer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Willie Tomg posted:

is there a word for the complex network of emotions when you get told to shoe out a batch of mousse that'll be 86'd off the menu in two days, so you go out of your way to gently caress it up in every way and purposely add WAAAAAAYYYYY too much rum into the mix so you can requisition more rum, like 300% more rum than is a recommendable idera, and then you taste the whole thing and it is without even a little pride or shame the absolute best and most perfectly balanced mousse you've made in your life? and nobody except you alone will taste it?

Is there a word for all of that? There should be a word for that, I think.

Tibetan monks will make these beautiful mandalas out of multicolored sand, and then as soon as they're done they sweep them away. As far as I know there aren't any photos that exist of the end result, just limited video of the work in progress (which is amazing). Think of it like that, only it gets you drunk too.

There's a certain beauty in creating an irreplaceable experience.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cods posted:

If you have the savings on hand to float yourself until the new job, just loving walk out. Stop showing up and ignore any phonecalls from the restaurant if you're too afraid to tell them you quit. None of us will judge you for just walking out the door. I get that part of it is not knowing what to do with yourself, but just watch random cooking poo poo on youtube and see if you can do it. poo poo, if you know anyone with a food truck see if you can temp as a prep guy or whatever.

I'm a waiter so for me proper notice is 2 weeks if you like the place, 24 hours if you hate it, and just walking out with whatever money you have from the cash tables if the boss sexually assaulted you in the walk-in. Everything I've read about cooks and 2 plus months notice involves places with Michlen stars, and based on your descriptions I'm guessing it doesn't have any.

Murkyhumor
Jul 24, 2006

This is Not a Pipe.
Fun Shoe
On a bit more of a positive note, I got promoted so Sous Chef! In May of 2012 I was asking this thread how to be a good dishwasher, in September of 2012 I was asking how not to be a terrible line cook, so i'm pretty proud of how far I have gotten. Obviously way more work to be done, but it feels like a new start, and i'm incredibly excited.

Thanks for all the help.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Murkyhumor posted:

On a bit more of a positive note, I got promoted so Sous Chef! In May of 2012 I was asking this thread how to be a good dishwasher, in September of 2012 I was asking how not to be a terrible line cook, so i'm pretty proud of how far I have gotten. Obviously way more work to be done, but it feels like a new start, and i'm incredibly excited.

Thanks for all the help.

Congratulations, you're eventually going to be head chef at cods current place.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

cods posted:

I'm just doing my best to get out of there.

Dude. Don't "do your best". At the precise moment you are scheduled to begin you next shift, instead make a phone call to the owner and say "I quit." Then block that number, and next, call the health department or OSHA or whoever it takes to get that place shut down in the next 48 hours. You should not be nice, you should not be helpful, you should not care about anyone else's burdens. You should be soaking that bridge with gasoline and lighting matches.

You're just being wishy-washy, and trying to stay on good terms with people, and not rock the boat. You should be the biggest prick in the world with the urge to wreck someone's poo poo, and that place should not be in operation. gently caress it, call the owner right the gently caress now, in the middle of the night, and quit. And call the health department as soon as they open for business.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 19, 2016

PhoenixShen
Feb 13, 2016

I honestly think that sometimes the most glaring health code violations are the ones the inspectors look at, shrug, and then ding you for that one lowboy that the thermometer is AWOL. Not digging on the these guys but either they are way over worked or just lost the will to look hard enough.

We have items in our restaurant that I know require a HACCAP plan to have, we obviously don't, they are in plain sight and yet we got a pass no majors or minors.

On a side note the missing ice cream problem continues. Apparently the servers help themselves to it as soon as I leave for the night as well. Last night I told the line since they aren't going to stop loving my station over, ice cream production is now their problem. With what we have on hand it should be 86'd by 8pm.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

PhoenixShen posted:

On a side note the missing ice cream problem continues. Apparently the servers help themselves to it as soon as I leave for the night as well. Last night I told the line since they aren't going to stop loving my station over, ice cream production is now their problem. With what we have on hand it should be 86'd by 8pm.

Does the owner not care about employee related shrinkage at all? None of the places I worked at were especially tight fisted when it came to crew meal, but they sure as poo poo wouldn't tolerate everyone helping themselves to in house ice cream beyond a spoonful "taste test" every once in a blue moon.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

cods posted:

Highlights today:

Stopping dishwasher from washing oysters because he was going to wash them in the dishwasher.

:stare: As a dishwasher, I work with people who:
-- think water can come out of a faucet at 300 degrees
-- only just realized today that Easter falls on a different day every year (this person is Christian and in her 30's)
-- insist that sharks live in lakes
-- work as DFAC supervisors and can't spell "dining"

...and yet that's right up there with the most pants-on-head stupid thing I've ever heard this month. If the mantra of E/N is "sever" or "get therapy", this thread's needs to be "call Health Dept"

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

:stare: As a dishwasher, I work with people who:
-- think water can come out of a faucet at 300 degrees
-- only just realized today that Easter falls on a different day every year (this person is Christian and in her 30's)
-- work as DFAC supervisors and can't spell "dining"

...and yet that's right up there with the most pants-on-head stupid thing I've ever heard this month. If the mantra of E/N is "sever" or "get therapy", this thread's needs to be "call Health Dept"

I thought the mantra is 'start drinking and don't stop' tbh

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Bull sharks can.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Can we rewind a few pages and appreciate the dishwasher who wanted to wash oysters in a dish machine.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Vorenus posted:

Can we rewind a few pages and appreciate the dishwasher who wanted to wash oysters in a dish machine.

Yeah, that gave me a solid chuckle and then I felt sad.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Republicans posted:

Bull sharks can.

I stand corrected! Still, my point stands. I made that earlier post about how the dishpit detergent* makes me break out in hives, the idea of eating raw oysters being drenched in it, is just... :gonk: I can't fathom how anyone would think that's a good idea.

HogX posted:

I thought the mantra is 'start drinking and don't stop' tbh

True. And come to think of it, in this case maybe it's more like the SA meme of "call the police on granos", only substitute the name of cods' restaurant for granos

*Edit: I did do 9.5 work hours in pots and pans yesterday, and did not itch. I think it's the weekday shift's liberal use of oven cleaner, not the dishsoap (though that probably doesn't help). Weekday shift loves to use the spray bottle of it on everything, and the supervisor sometimes has someone mop the kitchen/pots floors with it if we're slow, and we have a gently caress off 3 foot floor fan in my area to keep it coolish and dryish. I... think getting misted by weaponized lye might be the problem. :psyduck:

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 21, 2016

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Your dish pit seems to be a chemical outbreak.

Please wear hazmat suit.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

*Edit: I did do 9.5 work hours in pots and pans yesterday, and did not itch. I think it's the weekday shift's liberal use of oven cleaner, not the dishsoap (though that probably doesn't help). Weekday shift loves to use the spray bottle of it on everything, and the supervisor sometimes has someone mop the kitchen/pots floors with it if we're slow, and we have a gently caress off 3 foot floor fan in my area to keep it coolish and dryish. I... think getting misted by weaponized lye might be the problem. :psyduck:

Speaking of people who should call OSHA.....

Degreaser/oven cleaner is not a general purpose cleaner. It is a heavy base and toxic. Using it for anything other than it's specific intended use is an Occupation Safety Hazard... Oh, now you get what OSHA means.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I snapped at my kitchen bad enough that they complained to my floor manager had to talk to me. I feel kinda bad about it because only half the reason I snapped was because they suck, the other half was loving rear end in a top hat customers.

But Jesus Christ, having to be the go between for picky as poo poo customers and a kitchen that not only can't be trusted with special instructions but isn't super reliable at giving people the dish as listed on the menu either, is some emotionally draining poo poo.

So I'm going to apologize to all the kitchen people in this thread for being an rear end in a top hat, but some of the time some of you chuckle gently caress's deserve it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
if the kitchen isn't following simple instructions it might be a problem with how the instructions are being relayed - rather than everyone behind the line being idiots

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Speaking of people who should call OSHA.....

Degreaser/oven cleaner is not a general purpose cleaner. It is a heavy base and toxic. Using it for anything other than it's specific intended use is an Occupation Safety Hazard... Oh, now you get what OSHA means.

Oh, I know what OSHA means, and I would love to call them about myriad violations. That's why I was asking earlier itt if the US Army has to answer to them/Local Health Dept.

The kicker is: I'm the unicorn who is actually in a union, too. I should be able to get all Upton Sinclair in this bitch, right? But my shop steward, "Mary" is also:
-- a shift supervisor
-- who thinks making an ailing 60 year old 100 lb Mexican guy scrub floors with oven cleaner is a good idea
-- the person who makes the schedule, and it's a known fact that complaints about Mary to the manager OR the union result in getting less hours/poo poo shifts

So I get $30 a month taken out of my check in union dues, yet 1) Mary does nothing for us and 2) I'm afraid to go over her her head to our regional union rep for fear of reprisal bc she's also a supervisor with power over me. Can you say "conflict of interest"?

I'm also terrified of us getting shut down, even for a week, because my roommate & I both work there and we'd have no income. What actually happens when one calls OSHA or the Health Dept? And can I do this anonymously?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Yeesh. nm, I need to go back to bed

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JawKnee posted:

if the kitchen isn't following simple instructions it might be a problem with how the instructions are being relayed - rather than everyone behind the line being idiots

It's poo poo like not only putting mayonnaise on sandwiches that have "no mayo" on the ticket, but also putting mayonnaise on sandwiches that aren't supposed to have mayo to begin with because it's a vegan sandwich.

• Locked thread