Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like mega blastoise too, he turns into a guncannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

homeless snail posted:

actually yeah i take it back, mega blastoise is cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Parallax posted:

i feel like it should be way longer, but the colors are cool

a lot of megas add a bunch of colors and little design bits that make it look worse i think, but mega just gets those red stripey bits along it and a big sail

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

now in addition to owning people as nasuno, i can own them as gyrados

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that pic of mega gyarados looks cool, cooler than the game model

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

mega alakazam is also cool

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

homeless snail posted:

but regular blastoise is guncannon

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Mega Kangaskhan is cute :3: And Mega Gardevoir is nice

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

that pic of mega gyarados looks cool, cooler than the game model

its pretty faithful to the illustration

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have caught up on Galko. Like most comedies of this sort, it took a bit to hit its stride, and it got much better when the full cast became a part of things. I like it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Droyer posted:

but regular blastoise is guncannon
guns arent big enough

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

By the same artist as the Mega Gyarados

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mega pinsir is the only really bad one imo. the problem is that the game models look bad overall, so most of the megas look worse in game than their official art

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i just realized i didn't play the last pokemons

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I read Noblesse a lot on Webtoons and I was pretty excited to see an OVA on crunchyroll for it.

Watched it, felt let down - way too rushed. Still, I'm hopeful they'll make an actual show that goes at a reasonable pace.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

its pretty faithful to the illustration

yeah the design is the same, but something about how the models are in game makes them look worse. which goes for more than just megas tbh

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

mega pinsir is the only really bad one imo. the problem is that the game models look bad overall, so most of the megas look worse in game than their official art

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:kimchi:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

:shrug:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mega gengar is second worst

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a big fat lightning bolt shaped thing. I don't care for it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakura....

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
mega mawile

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mega narwhal

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

also is it weird how much I like the way this stuff looks? high poly, good textures, shading looks really nice, but its rendered out to really lovely low res with no anti aliasing, it looks fuckin rad IMO. there's never been a console that looks like it before and there never will be again

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yahallloooooooo

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dont like megas

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Greetings, goons! SXSW was really cool! Saw a bunch of familiar faces! Also new faces! Today was decidedly less cool, but it was still within the accepted parameters of cool.

I think my utter disdain / psychotic loving hatred of LA has been significantly demoted to mild annoyance / something resembling begrudging respect. Something funny, though: Dumb rig dorks will always bring a smile to my face. Dumb, kinda misogynistic rig dorks are loving cringe-laden comedy gold.

Especially the part where this guy asked my tech to step aside and let me handle my pedalboard arrangement. I don't think I've ever seen my tech roll her eyes as obviously as she did with this pseudo-reporter douche.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

also is it weird how much I like the way this stuff looks? high poly, good textures, shading looks really nice, but its rendered out to really lovely low res with no anti aliasing, it looks fuckin rad IMO. there's never been a console that looks like it before and there never will be again

i think it looks neat, yeah

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
whenever the detective in yakuza appears all i can think about is the fact that he sounds exactly like sam from sam & max hit the road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d353oFK-WKo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh, no wonder they sound alike

they're both voiced by goofy

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just finished kids on the slope and cried like a stupid baby. i wonder sometimes if i'm only an oversized pair of eyes away from watching soap operas.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
yo sup

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:yeaaaaaaaaaaaah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

man, seeing pre-rebellion douj feels like a distant past now. i need to do some rereads

• Locked thread