Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep. And it's about an aging superhero and his upstart sidekick(or maybe...HE is the sidekick!), not kids, which is refreshing.

All of the heroes own. Even blue rose owns despite her daintiness.

All of the corporate sponsorship is of real companies too, which is interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well, not ALL of it is real companies, but most of it is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, the main sponsors in-universe are fake compnaies, but all of the logos that appear on the suits are actual product placement, which I like because you loving know companies would try to do that if superheroes were real.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, the main sponsors in-universe are fake compnaies, but all of the logos that appear on the suits are actual product placement, which I like because you loving know companies would try to do that if superheroes were real.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So the fish swims by flapping the girl around right?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Captain Invictus posted:

Yep. And it's about an aging superhero and his upstart sidekick(or maybe...HE is the sidekick!), not kids, which is refreshing.

All of the heroes own. Even blue rose owns despite her daintiness.

All of the corporate sponsorship is of real companies too, which is interesting

What is, that knight anime from the previous page?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Krinkle posted:

What is, that knight anime from the previous page?
Nah, Tiger and Bunny. Here's a clip from the first episode's dub.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUUeYb5agr0&hd=1

It's a show about corporate-sponsored superheroes put on reality television.

One of the hero's entire schtick is photobombing the other heros' photo ops to shove the branding plastered all over his suit into pictures.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Mar 18, 2016

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

I know it's from a few pages back but there's just something about this guy's overall drawing style that pisses me off to no end.
I can never quite put my finger on what exactly it is but the moment his work pops up on my screen my monkey brain just flips a poo poo.

Anyway have some classic cute:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

artist comments:
"I did a ending screen for Megawad called Japanese Community Project.
It’ll be released soon.
Spring has come :o"

Concordat has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Jan 28, 2017

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I couldn't get into Tiger & Bunny myself but that's most likely because I'm not too big on superheroes. If you're into the superhero genre though, it's pretty much the thing for you.

Now introducing one of the most japanese things you'll ever witness. It started with a bottle:

And the author simply said "Please put things in this bottle." And so people did.

I'll probably sprinkle more images of the bottle meme with other posts I make because there's a ton of these.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ramos posted:

I'll probably sprinkle more images of the bottle meme with other posts I make because there's a ton of these.

Disappointed there isn't one with Aqua Necklace stuck inside.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

free him

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dante?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's Dante.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ramos posted:

It's Dante.

Well then Vergil's being a real butt.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ah, the guy put some despair in the bottle

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Coraline is reacting to whatever is posted next.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Say Nothing posted:

Coraline is reacting to whatever is posted next.

Nice Velma recolor!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
:nws:??

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm almost astonished how quickly I saw it.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The Big Wave Gape

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Now this is art.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Usually weird fanart doesn't scare me, but this did.

Which is a bit silly since it's just Coraline with different eyes, as opposed to someone tied up and turned into deli products.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Mr Tastee posted:

Usually weird fanart doesn't scare me, but this did.

Which is a bit silly since it's just Coraline with different eyes, as opposed to someone tied up and turned into deli products.

It probably helps that you have context to take it from absurd or silly into horror.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

worst meme

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Plethora posted:

I know it's from a few pages back but there's just something about this guy's overall drawing style that pisses me off to no end.
I can never quite put my finger on what exactly it is but the moment his work pops up on my screen my monkey brain just flips a poo poo.

It will probably break your brain to learn that the artist is Stjepan_Šejić, a fairly successful and popular comic book artist. His professional style is a little cleaner and polished, but yeah, he makes money with that art style.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

rndmnmbr posted:

It will probably break your brain to learn that the artist is Stepan Sejic, a fairly successful and popular comic book artist. His professional style is a little cleaner and polished, but yeah, he makes money with that art style.

After googling him, he's not horribly bad or anything, but I think I know what it might be. He doesn't always conform to the usual artist rule of drawing the eyes halfway down the face, so sometimes the characters look deformed or like they have tiny skulls. He also has an idiosyncratic way of drawing noses. The horrified Squall in the FF8 comic is the worst panel despite the evocative expression because his skull shape looks freaky and his nose looks inconsistent (i.e.: in the 3/4 view it's very sharp, but then we get this weirdly flat head-on view because there's not enough definition). Then again on the more polished art I didn't notice it, just in things like this:

Or maybe Plethora just hates muted autumn colour palettes and scruffy outlines, I have no idea.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

rndmnmbr posted:

It will probably break your brain to learn that the artist is Stjepan_Šejić, a fairly successful and popular comic book artist. His professional style is a little cleaner and polished, but yeah, he makes money with that art style.

He's also an extremely nice guy. He works for DC and did a successful line of Witchblade comics.

Weldon Pemberton posted:

After googling him, he's not horribly bad or anything, but I think I know what it might be. He doesn't always conform to the usual artist rule of drawing the eyes halfway down the face, so sometimes the characters look deformed or like they have tiny skulls. He also has an idiosyncratic way of drawing noses. The horrified Squall in the FF8 comic is the worst panel despite the evocative expression because his skull shape looks freaky and his nose looks inconsistent (i.e.: in the 3/4 view it's very sharp, but then we get this weirdly flat head-on view because there's not enough definition). Then again on the more polished art I didn't notice it, just in things like this:

Or maybe Plethora just hates muted autumn colour palettes and scruffy outlines, I have no idea.

That may be it. Everyone just looks... off. The women especially. I think the biggest thing is that he likes to show shape with color rather than shading or hatching, making everything look like plastic robot skin which the scratchy outlines just don't match with. I love scratchy outlines but they don't work with that smooth, almost gooey coloring.

Yeah, I think that's it.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Plethora posted:

He's also an extremely nice guy. He works for DC and did a successful line of Witchblade comics.\

He's also heavily into BSDM, like, you have no idea.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

So what you mean is he should be doing Wonder Woman comics?

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

OH yes. He's crazy into it. The characters (who all look identical save for their hair) must have degrees in engineering because some of those suspension rigs are insane.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Okay, can't keep chatting about the guy without uploading some of his fanart.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

rndmnmbr posted:

[quote="rndmnmbr" post="457625477"]

This one is a weird one to scroll down on. Tiny body on giant legs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Some of those are loving rad

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
We haven't had Undertale fanart on this page yet, what a grave sin, lemme correct that

I'll do you a solid tho and give you fanart with 0 actual Undertale characters in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7oFfCX-E0

You'll tell me "But this isn't even a remix or something, it's just the player's theme again, how is this fanart" and i'll tell you to shup up and look at dem floppys work.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I've seen some of Sejic's work before and I think what kills it for me is that he doesn't have a lot of range. He defaults back to the same faces and body types constantly and there's another thing that's kind of difficult to put into words. It feels like no matter what his work is trying to communicate, like a funny scene or a scary scene etc, the art is always trying to do that but also trying to be a drawing of a pretty person. Everyone's kind of attractive in a slightly androgynous/feminine way, the lighting is always enough to clearly show the entire character - it's very rare that his work seems to fully commit to making someone look frightening or confused using everything he has at his disposal as an artist (lighting, angle, exaggeration, colour, etc), it's always a picture of a pretty person first, and whatever other thing he wants to communicate to his audience is second to that.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
ONE PUNCH SHRINE MAIDEN :black101: Seriously, watch it in 1080p, you won't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HenryEx posted:

We haven't had Undertale fanart on this page yet, what a grave sin, lemme correct that

I'll do you a solid tho and give you fanart with 0 actual Undertale characters in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7oFfCX-E0

You'll tell me "But this isn't even a remix or something, it's just the player's theme again, how is this fanart" and i'll tell you to shup up and look at dem floppys work.

• Locked thread