Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

beaner69 posted:

Happy 2nd Birthday To Us!
2016birthdaygems

It has been 2 years since SMITE was officially released. It has been a crazy ride and we want to thank everyone for playing, enjoying, and supporting SMITE along the way. You guys are amazing and here is to an awesome first 2 years!

From Tuesday March 22nd to Monday March 28th, The Ultimate God Pack will be 50% off for the first time ever! The Ultimate God Pack not only unlocks all past gods but also unlocks any future gods. In addition this week, all Gems will be 33% off and the Playstation 4 Founders Pack will be 50% off!

Beginning Tuesday March 22nd, SMITE’s official Birthday, players can look forward to the following events:

Tuesday 3/22 – 3x Worshipers

Wednesday 3/23 – Double FWOTD Bonus

Thursday 3/24 – Icon Sale 50% Off

Friday 3/25 – 1 FWOTD Cutesy Thor Icon

Saturday 3/26 – 2x Everything

Sunday 3/27– 3 FWOTD SMITE Chest Roll

Monday 3/28 – Voice Pack Sale 50% Off

hot diggity drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
cool

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

is sylvanus okay right now. their skills look fun and i've been wanting another guardian to play as.

Sylvanus is the Ullr of guardians - land your skill shots and you're a force to be reckoned. Miss and you can pretty much been ignored. Gem of Iso is a must; also you should be throwing potshots constantly. I have a short playlist on him on my YouTube channel; I'm on my tablet right now though and I can't figure out how to post a link without a bunch of garbage tablet text - just Google "shubhat Sylvanus"

trapped mouse posted:

From what I've seen, he just seems like Geb, but better. The only benefit to playing Geb is that he has pretty good escape. Unless I'm just playing Geb wrong :v:

You're playing Geb wrong. I'll take a Geb over Sylvanus any day.

He was the first "true support" to come out (with the other supports being bruiserish like Ares\Ymir\Bacchus) because of his shield. A god Geb can cleanse things like Sobek pulls which is invaluable.

With one of the best initiations (blink ult for % damage), a knockup, and mobility to boot, he is one of the best supports in the game. He'll never stop being top tier. His only downside is poor clear but you don't need that on a support - all it does is prevent him from going solo\jungle like some other supports can.

edit-

The Ezell posted:

This game can be so very frustrating, even when it's all happened before...

Carry harder, scrub. That low objective damage tho, that's why you lost :smug:

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 19, 2016

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Jimbot posted:

I'm curious, how does beyond broken Gods like Skadi even get released in that state? Do they just release them like that then tune them according to community feedback and data?

Couple of reasons. One being potentially short development/testing cycle (1 new god every month). The other being low data pool.

If a god is weak, the player base does not pick them enough to statistically determine anything. A god could actually be OP but if nobody is playing them, there's no way to verify.

There's also other factors to consider - new gods win rates can improve as the player base learns to play that god - but it could also dip as players learn to counter.

So what's HiRez stance? Just push something out and let the data "normalize" - unfortunately this sometimes means an OP god can run rampant for months.

I'm reading on Reddit that players are not attacking Kaldr and it's netting free kills? How do DOTs work on Kaldr?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Ares' flamethrower only does one HP to the pup even if it sits there on it, I discovered that in arena today.

RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

Nighthand posted:

Ares' flamethrower only does one HP to the pup even if it sits there on it, I discovered that in arena today.

Yeah, any ability of a god only does one pip to Kaldr regardless of how many times it hits him. It really poops on Isis because of that, especially since silencing the wolf doesn't remove its ability to dash.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
You could remove basically every bonus Skadi gets from her 2 and the bonus damage from her 1 and she would still be a perfectly acceptable god. I have no clue how this kit made it through beta testing.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

RGCrab posted:

Yeah, any ability of a god only does one pip to Kaldr regardless of how many times it hits him.

Oh what the gently caress HiRez

What the hell happened to counter-play? Is it because release Cabraken and Nox were so bad?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kaldr murders my poor Anubis. Everything I have hits multiple times and you tell me it only hits once? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

That explains a lot of things, actually.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Of course the first new god I actually have fun with in months is considered horrendously overpowered by everyone :sigh:

I hope they don't nerf her TOO hard. If they do she'll just end up in the pile with all the other no-escape gods, like AMC, Artemis and Anubis.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Of course the first new god I actually have fun with in months is considered horrendously overpowered by everyone :sigh:

I hope they don't nerf her TOO hard. If they do she'll just end up in the pile with all the other no-escape gods, like AMC, Artemis and Anubis.

That doesn't sounds like a bad pile at all

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly they just need to make the wolf hittable multiple times and i'd say shes balanced well. I'm finding nobody targets the wolf though, I have a habit of just sending it at loki's to force them to pop stealth as most will stealth rather than hit the drat thing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

That doesn't sounds like a bad pile at all

I sometimes forget that I watch more pro streams than I actually play this game, so yeah it's not a BAD pile but you're not gonna see them in the SPL. A god with no escapes is a big liability at very high level play cause everyone knows that you can just CC them and kill them.

I think Skadi could be really well balanced if they A) make dot damage abilities hit the wolf more than once and B) maybe make tower shots do more than 1 tick of damage to the wolf. Seems like those are her two biggest issues.

RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I sometimes forget that I watch more pro streams than I actually play this game, so yeah it's not a BAD pile but you're not gonna see them in the SPL. A god with no escapes is a big liability at very high level play cause everyone knows that you can just CC them and kill them.

I think Skadi could be really well balanced if they A) make dot damage abilities hit the wolf more than once and B) maybe make tower shots do more than 1 tick of damage to the wolf. Seems like those are her two biggest issues.

If they make DoTs hit the wolf more than once, it will utterly destroy her. Quite a few gods would just demolish the wolf by accident while doing other things.

She needs a few small adjustments I think. Strip the kaldr bonus damage from her 1, as that combined with the Kaldr charge and followup hit can drop a mage or fragile assassin. That lowers her 1v1 burst so that people have time to at least think about reacting to her. Also, change tower AI so that if the dog goes invincible it is no longer considered a valid target. That lowers the strength of her tower dive and split push since it forces her to take the tower hits.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Doggy doesn't seem to take damage from AoE attacks either if Skadi is hit by it first.

The Ezell
May 11, 2003
I play football. No, not that football. The other kind.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Considering a 5-levels-behind Skadi nearly one shot me with her spear dog combo, no, that's not nearly enough. The dog double taps on the dash attack (basic attack and charge attack damage applied at once) and deals way too much damage in the first place. That a 50% bonus (100% with spear) to hunter AA ever occurred to them as reasonable is beyond me.

Admittedly it's the dog's tanking that really proves game breaking, but the levels of over-tune going into new gods is really getting ridi... no, it was ridiculous in 2015, this is unbelievable. You almost wonder why they didn't let the dog proc on-hit abilities since their approach is obviously "gently caress it".

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
If they make Kaldr hittable by dots, Skadi goes from tops to poo poo. That's the problem with almost any pet-based character or class in anything ever--you either make the pet relevant which makes the whole kit OP, or you make the pet irrelevant and relegate her to bottom of the dung heap. I'd be curious to see popular opinion in a month (assuming HiRez doesn't touch her, which they most likely will) when people are used to dealing with her and realize Kaldr can be auto'd down very quickly by 2 or more people. Skadi is a beast 1v1 and maybe that's okay given her lack of mobility.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Get rid of the whole 5-hits thing and give the drat wolf a health bar. Or have it scale (2\2\3\4\5 or something).

Also agreeing with the sentiment that giving a hunter bonus double auto-attack damage is loving absurd.

What's with the recent free bonus damage on new kits? Bellona's bludgeon, Amaterasu's mirror, and now a hunter auto-attack (off her 1). Since when is scaling OK to throw out the window? I feel bad for anyone who happens to get crit on top of the bonus damage.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
All I want is them to rework the ice physics because it feels like they didn't test how it interacts with any system in the game at all. Every time you overlap it with another skill/attacking/casting a spell/just moving towards a thing it feels like the game has a massive bug.

Last night I had a game where a friend and I were iced and we touched the creepwave while slipping so we just bounced back into one another then towards the edge of the ice where the creeps were and then back and forth for the entire duration,

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
She's definitely not OP at a pro level, but she's OP as hell at a pubbie level. I used her to absolutely trash several teams, mainly by tearing down their backline before they had a chance to do anything. Its insane.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
Invite teknologik please. I play pretty casually but Bastet is my jam at the moment.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
After playing alongside Skadi for several matches (winning them all) I got to try out Skadi and played absolutely horribly. Missed like half of my attacks and abilities, kept getting caught out of position, Kaldr died nearly instantly pretty much every time I sent him out to attack something.

I still came in #1 on damage by a huge margin and had a 3:1 kda.

This god is absolutely ridiculous. I don't really like playing her since Kaldr controls kind of clunky. Wish you could switch targets without having to recall Kaldr every time or kill the first target.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Its like the time of the year hirez releases a broken god

last year at this exact time, it was Bellona~

in 2017 itll be some japanese god thats even more absurd

Kaldr can actually still be buggy as well, I played Arena and he got stuck in the fountain. Took me to die to reset and without Kaldr, Skadi is actually really vunerable. Kaldr literally just makes her very safe

Her ice rink takes skill imo, to position that they slip forward at you and I like that. I think its really kaldr that needs a nerf and being able to take continuous damages from different sources so you're not just sending him out to insta-win without effort

Honestly when I heard about the pet mechanic I was like yeeeesh~ because I'm reminded of mmos and how they handle rangers and their pets horribly and its the case here. Kaldr is just a gimmick AI that lets you get cheap kills so its kind of unfair in some ways but if they can fix him then I think Skadi will be okay. Defintely strip out root from her ult and just turn it into a slow because rooting then ice rinking them is stupid cheap

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 20, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah I played her in clash earlier and the result was that the gold fury died twice at 11-12 minutes in. I've never done that before. I also could nuke enemy gods down at level 1. Its really quite funny.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Anybody care to invite swole455tEMMIE ? I'm a newb, but I learn fairly quick. Right now it's Medusa and Sun Wukong for me.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Best MOTD. This was taken 5 minutes after tickets hit 0. Minion waves kept spawning and my framerate started to crawl trying to render all of the *Immune* popups.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I will never understand someone complaining of "KSing" just in general unless you're Xba~ Who gains power on kills. But especially on Arena. Had a Serket complain about KSing when I literally 100-0'd a Zeus solo. And she just ran up like "NO I'M GOING TO TAKE THIS KILL!" I don't know what part of their minds are damages but holy crap.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Zain posted:

I will never understand someone complaining of "KSing" just in general unless you're Xba~ Who gains power on kills. But especially on Arena. Had a Serket complain about KSing when I literally 100-0'd a Zeus solo. And she just ran up like "NO I'M GOING TO TAKE THIS KILL!" I don't know what part of their minds are damages but holy crap.

I had a game where a hunter (not Xbla) complained about me KSing when I was playing as a guardian. It's just like hey man, I expected you to get the kill, sorry you can't brag later about the only one being able to carry your team.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I kinda get annoyed if people sit back and then throw in a skill just to get the last hit when i've guaranteed a kill anyway. Its like when a zeus has three charges on someone and they heal to full. You grab them and beat the poo poo out of them, they're about to die and he loving waits to hit that 3.

Just hit the loving three, so he dies quicker and I take less damage.

Zain posted:

I've had one like that too! Playing Ares and I'm chaining people. The tick gets the kill and I'm apparently intentionally kill stealing. Like sorry bro you're not able to finish them off when I'm controlling them?

I play with a Diamond Ares guy who gels really well with how I play, some matches he'll take like 10 of my kills and you know what? It really doesn't matter, the dude is dead and he wasn't holding back, he was actively engaging and helping.

gently caress people who say otherwise.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 21, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

trapped mouse posted:

I had a game where a hunter (not Xbla) complained about me KSing when I was playing as a guardian. It's just like hey man, I expected you to get the kill, sorry you can't brag later about the only one being able to carry your team.

I've had one like that too! Playing Ares and I'm chaining people. The tick gets the kill and I'm apparently intentionally kill stealing. Like sorry bro you're not able to finish them off when I'm controlling them?

Oh a Hi-Rez related note. I'm enjoying that they're changing up Paladins. It's getting there... It's so close to being a contender for these other shooters coming out. But it's still missing a lot.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Zain posted:

Oh a Hi-Rez related note. I'm enjoying that they're changing up Paladins. It's getting there... It's so close to being a contender for these other shooters coming out. But it's still missing a lot.

Agreed, I've put some time into it this week and it's so much better than it was, but still not there yet. I really think a lot of it is map design--they are much too open, at least in Siege. The Payload maps are better but the core concept marginalizes some of the champs.

Androxus, the newest champ, is a ton of fun. His kit is actually kind of ridiculous: a hitscan weapon that does very respectable damage, a double dash upgradeable to triple, a frontal immunity/absorb, slow fall, and an ult that gives 4 massive aoe shots.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Shab posted:

Agreed, I've put some time into it this week and it's so much better than it was, but still not there yet. I really think a lot of it is map design--they are much too open, at least in Siege. The Payload maps are better but the core concept marginalizes some of the champs.

Androxus, the newest champ, is a ton of fun. His kit is actually kind of ridiculous: a hitscan weapon that does very respectable damage, a double dash upgradeable to triple, a frontal immunity/absorb, slow fall, and an ult that gives 4 massive aoe shots.

He seems like fun but I've been exclusively playing Pip~ He's my man! Even if Weightless is kinda useless. Not completely but eh so far I've made a deck that's king of the AoEs! But now I'm having trouble fighting Fernando which is a huge pain in the rear end.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
If I'm ares and fire 3 chains instantly, do I get full damage off all 3 unique chains as in 105x4x3. Or does the chain damage just apply 105 per second regardless of how many chains are stuck.

I'm getting pretty good with ares, but I guess I need to know how the chain damage works specifically

The Ezell
May 11, 2003
I play football. No, not that football. The other kind.

Agrinja posted:

Anybody care to invite swole455tEMMIE ? I'm a newb, but I learn fairly quick. Right now it's Medusa and Sun Wukong for me.

Got the rest of the invite requests but I just can't willingly type that name into the invite box, you're on your own.

edit:

f1av0r posted:

If I'm ares and fire 3 chains instantly, do I get full damage off all 3 unique chains as in 105x4x3. Or does the chain damage just apply 105 per second regardless of how many chains are stuck.

I'm getting pretty good with ares, but I guess I need to know how the chain damage works specifically

Single target the duration refreshes but the damage does not stack. Ideally, you fire them off at the end of the 2s window just to get the extra few ticks out of the duration refreshes.

If you're actually asking about unique targets for each chain, then each one does full damage but you don't do triple damage to each target.

edit2: vvvv yep

The Ezell fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 21, 2016

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
So basically 105/105/2nd shot 105/105/third shot/105/105/105/105 is the best damage single target out come right? If I just shoot all instantly I lose out on damage?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Shalhavet posted:

Best MOTD. This was taken 5 minutes after tickets hit 0. Minion waves kept spawning and my framerate started to crawl trying to render all of the *Immune* popups.

That was glorious trip to world of drugs and lasers. Surrender chicken was basically cherry on top :haw:

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

The Ezell posted:

Got the rest of the invite requests but I just can't willingly type that name into the invite box, you're on your own.

Dumb in-jokes not allowed? Alrighty. Take it easy.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Zain posted:

I will never understand someone complaining of "KSing" just in general unless you're Xba~

Don't forget Kali and Thanatos, the two assassins who have the potential to steamroll a team fight if they can get their last hits in.

RGCrab
Aug 23, 2012

Zain posted:

Some gods have a rough time when playing from behind, so in a mode like conquest it can be an issue if the support is regularly nabbing last hits from the ADC. That isn't to say the KS bullshit is okay, but last hits and making sure the right people get them is kind of important. When one person is 20 and the rest of their team is 12 because he has gotten literally every kill in the match, that can be a real issue if it isn't a hard carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

RGCrab posted:

Some gods have a rough time when playing from behind, so in a mode like conquest it can be an issue if the support is regularly nabbing last hits from the ADC. That isn't to say the KS bullshit is okay, but last hits and making sure the right people get them is kind of important. When one person is 20 and the rest of their team is 12 because he has gotten literally every kill in the match, that can be a real issue if it isn't a hard carry.

Conquest sure! IT "Could" be a problem. But I'd rather have their carry out for like 30+ seconds and ours farming if they only get assist gold than them just being able to b and be out for 10.

Also played Skadi and holy crap she's completely ridiculous. Deletes EVERYTHING so fast. Her burst is dumb.

• Locked thread