Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So a person getting an 8 week ban isn't even worth mentioning? At all. Ever. For raking his fingers across the eyes of a fellow player?

Not a single post has been made about it. Not a "fair cop you just don't do that" or a "he's a good boyo and it wasn't intentional so 8 weeks is harsh" post.

To be fair, he's right. None of the following posts happened. At all. Not a single one.

fallingdownjoe posted:

To be fair even if they had won it would have been a bit unjust given that Francis should have been sent off.

Swan Curry posted:

Francis should have been in the bin at least but Brown got away with his stamp so it all evens out in the end

Vaders Jester posted:

To be fair, Brown is a confirmed oval office. The Welsh bloke hasn't had the game time to confirm his status.

Probably should have been a yellow and might get a ban later.

stavros880 posted:

Also, no idea how he didn't red card Francis near the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I now have sky sports and can watch the super rugby championship league thing. I need a team to support! I lived in Canberra when a little kid for a few years what's the local team to their? Also did they make that competition that complicated on purpose? Ffs

Edit: Brumbies it is then!

thegasman2000 fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 19, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Clearly another example of the anti English bias that is endemic in this thread

Wake up sheeple the tentacle like fingers of the WRU is now not only manipulating World Rugby but is now manipulating this thread

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

stavros880 posted:

To be fair, he's right. None of the following posts happened. At all. Not a single one.

Then an hour after the game it was Marler, Marler Marler until now. Who mentioned Francis's ban before I did? A ban that's a shade under two months is pretty important to mention yet no one did.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Bullshit yellow card.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
poo poo yellow and a mile offside before the try. Italy have every right to be pissed.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Then an hour after the game it was Marler, Marler Marler until now. Who mentioned Francis's ban before I did? A ban that's a shade under two months is pretty important to mention yet no one did.

Because it was dealt with properly. There's nothing more to say. It was marler, marler, marler because he racially abused someone in front of a few million people and smashed someone in the face and the rugby union chose to ignore it. If you can't see the difference between the two then il not sure we can help you any further.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Italy are just happy to be here since losing to Scotland.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Professional foul a couple of metres from the line, left the ref no choice at all to send him off. Linesman hosed up the offside leading up to the try though.

Edit: George north is awesome

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 19, 2016

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

This 6N has been a bit of a perfect storm for Italy. Lots of injures and a lame duck coach.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Nobody beats a poo poo team quite like how Wales beat a poo poo team

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Story of the game.

Another Six Nations over with for Wales. Now a rare game v England before hitting New Zealand.

Poor from Italy though.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Hogg!

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

Stuart loving Hogg.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Gas. All the gas.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

This ref is such nonsense. Has no feel for the game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Looks like the ref has decided we're losing this one.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

Clear knock on that last maul before the try.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Now that was Scotland

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
How many penalties are Scotland going to give away? At this rate over 40 I reckon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All of them. All of the penalties.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

Tough half for Scotland. Ridden quite hard by the ref and have made a few dumb mistakes. Ireland's rucking is really really good to be fair. It's hard to get close to the ball at the breakdown.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ireland are doing enough of the smart things. Avoiding Hogg, managing the breakdowns, stapling Scotland back into their half of the pitch. If the second half is vaguely similar, I can't see them winning by less than about 12.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oooooh, there's some cynical little acts going on in this game.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Why are Scotland running it out their 22? The rush defence is going to cause an interception if they keep risking it back there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What an ugly lineout throw.

Sexton is about to die.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Hahaha...the ref shoving Laidlaw in the chest. Think he wants to join in the fighting too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What was that little scuffle even about?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I think its fair to say it's quite bad tempered now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A bit heated. Passionate.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

Happy that Scotland showed a bit of fight in that second half. Ireland were too good in the tight, and didn't make many mistakes to let pressure off.

Scotland finish the tournament with 11 tries scored, breaking their previous record of 9. And the first time they've scored more than 100 points.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Ah well. Probably a fair result and Scotland didn't look like poo poo so can't complain too much. Sexton's wee theatrics were a bit much(it was probably still a yellow card by the letter of the law), if he was clutching his head like that he should have been off for HIA.

France are going to get hammered tonight. It's going to be fun to watch.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vaders Jester posted:

Ah well. Probably a fair result and Scotland didn't look like poo poo so can't complain too much. Sexton's wee theatrics were a bit much(it was probably still a yellow card by the letter of the law), if he was clutching his head like that he should have been off for HIA.

The yellow was deserved I think, but to be honest, it was really funny when he sat up and started waving and shouting at the ref, then threw himself back down clutching his head.

stavros880 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 19, 2016

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Yeah, certainly a yellow card, legs over the horizontal, the ref has no choice there. Sexton was pretty disgraceful with arm waving at the ref before deciding to grab his head.

e: I love Johnny Cash but holy poo poo, the BBC are laying this on thick.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 19, 2016

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Vaders Jester posted:

e: I love Johnny Cash but holy poo poo, the BBC are laying this on thick.

Marler Citing Blues

"I called a man a gypsy,
I looked him in the eye,
when the citing came "No",
the Welsh hung their heads and cried"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I think that was some sort of tornado tackle.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know, let's start the game by tackling a guy round the face and then giving away another, easily kickable, penalty.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

That's the first time I've ever seen that penalised in the choke tackle even though it happens all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
4 minutes in and Farrell is waving his hands and trying to ref the game. Business as usual.