Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I didn't say it was a bad thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's a system that would have saved the Republicans from their current lose-lose-lose-lose scenario with Donald Trump. They'll probably institute superdelegates in the future.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Tetracube posted:

bernie owns, actually

He does but the metaphor makes sense, he's an "outsider" "anti establishment " candidate who has a rabid fanbase who treats him like a political rorscach test where they impress their own beliefs upon him rather than actually checking what he says.

It's why so many Ron Paul fans went for Bernie when their politics couldn't be more different.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Dummies who think we need a vague "change" to the system without any idea of what that would be or what the candidates actually stand for.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

kdrudy posted:

Dummies who think we need a vague "change" to the system without any idea of what that would be or what the candidates actually stand for.

So basically the 2008 Obama campaign

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://imgur.com/gallery/DEhkMmQ

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

i think it was the part where he had people break into the hotel

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Clinton's getting arrested any day now. Annnny day now...

(because it's the only way Bernie could possibly win and if he doesn't then I donated my rent and food money for nothing!)

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
justawasteoftime 1 point : 3 hours ago reply

Trump is the best choice we've had in a very long time. Trump isn't illuminati.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

http://imgur.com/gallery/ldLpWK4

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow Monica Lewinski lookin good

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wow Monica Lewinski lookin good

Slick Willy was astute at spotting potential.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Somehow she looked older in photos back then than she does now

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

goose fleet posted:

everybody did

it was the 90s

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Another dose of the good old "if your protest minorly inconveniences me, you should literally be killed": http://imgur.com/gallery/joXdN6Z

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Perestroika posted:

Another dose of the good old "if your protest minorly inconveniences me, you should literally be killed": http://imgur.com/gallery/joXdN6Z

in the bad comments:

quote:

LetUsRejoiceInTheNameOfScience -22 points : 2 replies : 5 hours ago reply
If wealth inequality soars and the lack of respect to black lives continue, THESE ISSUES WILL GET WORSE. Instead of blaming those people

opwilldeliverr OP 12 points : 2 replies : 5 hours ago reply
Dude, im loving 'black' dont pull this poo poo on me, youre an idiot

dude im loving :airquote:black:airquote:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

goose fleet posted:

"Alright, it's the '90s. Time to wear large clothes that make us look short and fat and all the same haircut despite head shape okay let's go."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Pick posted:

It's a system that would have saved the Republicans from their current lose-lose-lose-lose scenario with Donald Trump. They'll probably institute superdelegates in the future.

They have superdelegates, and the superdelegates were able to vote for whoever they wanted until 2015. The Republican National Committee just changed the rules last year.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I like how many Republicans are now wishing they had superdelegates and many Democrats are now wishing they didn't

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

kazil posted:

Clinton's getting arrested any day now. Annnny day now...

(because it's the only way Bernie could possibly win and if he doesn't then I donated my rent and food money for nothing!)

This is the Schadenfreude thread, right?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm so loving tired of seeing this image on the front page

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Her eyes still make me hella uncomfortable for some reason.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Practical Demon posted:

I've seen people argue that because most media outlets have been reporting the primary totals including the superdelegates without ever explaining that those are votes that haven't actually been cast and could go the other way if the somewhat close race shifted toward Sanders, that people who might have gone out to vote for him in their primaries have stayed home. Which has a ring of truth to it. If people had been leaning toward Bernie thought the race was basically over because of how it's reported, what impetus would they have to go vote for something that isn't the actual election?

well thats just stupid then

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Lord Psychodin posted:

This is the Schadenfreude thread, right?

Could work in idiots on social media, too.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer
This odd phrase pops up all the time in Imgur comments and for some reason it has become a pet peeve for me.

They'll say "as a __________, blah blah blah..." as shorthand for "I am a ________, and I think blah blah blah". This is odd when their sentences lack things like verbs.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I get why poor grammar and slipshod sentence structure would annoy you, but this is the internet. Shouldn't you be used to it by now?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

As a cretin, I too am unnecessary.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

I get why poor grammar and slipshod sentence structure would annoy you, but this is the internet. Shouldn't you be used to it by now?

Yes. Its just that it seems to be a new construction and sounds profoundly weird to me. Especially since it is overwhelmingly used in the shittiest of contexts, like comment chains joking about Asians being good at math with the comment "As an asian, ROR" or in the rare cases when someone calls out a racist joke, a response of "As a black man, I laughed".

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Introductory clauses that attempt establish modesty or legitimacy are just about the biggest red flag there is that whatever follows after is going to be some prime grade bullshit. If a statement can stand on its own, it doesn't need to be preempted by an excuse.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skippy McPants posted:

Introductory clauses that attempt establish modesty or legitimacy are just about the biggest red flag there is that whatever follows after is going to be some prime grade bullshit. If a statement can stand on its own, it doesn't need to be preempted by an excuse.

As a goon, I take exception to this.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Skippy McPants posted:

as a flag, triggered

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Her eyes still make me hella uncomfortable for some reason.

Most people don't have sanpaku, or you come from a region where less whites in the eyes is more common than not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanpaku I guess it feels threatening?

"Notable people with sanpaku
Adolf Hitler
Bill Cosby
Charles Manson"

Hahahah! I wonder if he was always on the list.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Your Computer posted:

I'm so loving tired of seeing this image on the front page

It's pretty impressive we now have videogames wherein the characters are able to dress themselves, I didn't realize AI had become so advanced.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lady Naga posted:

It's pretty impressive we now have videogames wherein the characters are able to dress themselves, I didn't realize AI had become so advanced.

Yeah, at least real life women have the choice to cover up if they want. God forbid I want to play a character whose boobs aren't literally out, or lovingly contoured with armor.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012
I guess all you need to do to be Imgur famous is know absolutely nothing about social justice issues, and then shoot down the arguments you made up based on half-remembered Salon headlines.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kiebland posted:

I guess all you need to do to be Imgurinternet famous is know absolutely nothing about social justice issues, and then shoot down the arguments you made up based on half-remembered Salon headlines.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

http://imgur.com/gallery/VP3scot

Holy poo poo. Who goes this far just to not identify as a feminist? Did a group of feminist break into their home and kill their family or something?

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Gaunab posted:

Holy poo poo. Who goes this far just to not identify as a feminist? Did a group of feminist break into their home and kill their family or something?

Egalitarianism as a word is all about radical intersectionalism, though, which makes it even funnier. Like, a true egalitarian would not only believe that men and women are equal, but that all human beings deserve the same dignity and worth. That philosophy would encompass feminist thought AND black lives matter and giving kickbacks to poor people who can't or "won't" work, and everything else that makes the reactionary, neoconservative red pillers anxious. They'd be better off just calling themselves feminists at that rate, because at least TERFs and other kinds of non-socially-conscious people have used the term.

Anyway, there's a cute story on the front page of imgur about two people who were accidentally invited to come see a new baby. They brought presets, but imgur noticed something was off: these two strangers were... a racial minority?!?! :chanpop: :chanpop: :chanpop: :chanpop:

Of course, the bad replies are the ones that call it out, and the upvotes go to the lol random replies.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Anyway, there's a cute story on the front page of imgur about two people who were accidentally invited to come see a new baby. They brought presets, but imgur noticed something was off: these two strangers were... a racial minority?!?! :chanpop: :chanpop: :chanpop: :chanpop:

Of course, the bad replies are the ones that call it out, and the upvotes go to the lol random replies.

These comments are so gay that Three Olives is having sex with them in his very nice apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things

Gaunab posted:

Maybe not the most relevant thing to say but I loving hate that Matrix "what if I told you..." meme because it usually means some dumb uninformed bullshit is coming up.

• Locked thread