Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

Digging this TRackmania beta. Loving that it kinda came out of nowhere and runs right up until launch day.

What the hell?? Oh nice

edit: track editor!!! 60fps 1080p!!!! oh baby!!

goferchan fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gonna get 4k Ps4 and hook it up on my 9 year old TV

ufarn
May 30, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Reminds me of all the people who used SCART cables on their consoles with component ports.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

goferchan posted:

What the hell?? Oh nice

Literally my only complaint is there is some infrequent but very distracting screen tearing (much like Trials Fusion, as it were...)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

NESguerilla posted:

Jealous of all these pixels being treated to a nice warm tone that I think is actually better.

*puts on vinyl copy of album mastered in pro tools*

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Who's worse gamers or audiophiles?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

NESguerilla posted:

Who's worse gamers or audiophiles?

They're both poo poo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Audiophiles are less consistently pissed off though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Audiophiles are just really naive and ignorant. Which is not to say that gamers aren't, but gamers lean more towards being irrationally angry and hateful.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Audiophiles buy a $10k footlong power cable and stay indoors shutting up about it to everybody but other audiophiles.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Audiophiles tend to insist that dumb things are good more but they also don't tend to threaten to rape people that disagree with them, so they still have the edge here.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

NESguerilla posted:

Forget a 9 year old tv, how about a 9 inch TV

I used to play SNES on a portable CRT around this size

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When I was at university I played all my PS1 games on a 14 inch portable TV

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

Lgr had a video last month about playing on a 10mm screen. It was pretty funny

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Got a CRT viewfinder from an 80's VHS camera, wish I could rig it up into a functional state just because.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Harlock posted:

Someone misspelled 'HIDEO'.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Real hurthling! posted:

MrLonghair posted:

Got a CRT viewfinder from an 80's VHS camera, wish I could rig it up into a functional state just because.
Incase you missed it MrLongHair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY7olqQF8iM

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'm a gamerphile myself

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Nnnnnnnngh okay gonna look for that little viewfinder now

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The Killzone Season Pass is 7 euro in the Easter sale: would that let me download the standalone Intercept mode for co-op shootmans?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

People are hardly embracing 1080p and you want them to handle 4K?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is the Last of Us remastering really worth it if I already have the original on PS3? Does anyone play the MP anymore?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is the Last of Us remastering really worth it if I already have the original on PS3? Does anyone play the MP anymore?

Yes and yes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I think the player base is much bigger on PS4 than PS3, too, so you might not be able to find an online match on the PS3 version.

There have been a couple of TLOU sales in the US - but you only tend to see 10% discounts in Europe.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The game looks better and runs better and the photo mode is really great if you're into that sort of thing. Also it comes with the DLC if you don't have that on PS3.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

goferchan posted:

What the hell?? Oh nice

Yeah nice weekend surprise, I'm diggin it. Trying to run up the leaderboard on a few drift tracks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah nice weekend surprise, I'm diggin it. Trying to run up the leaderboard on a few drift tracks.

when does the beta expire?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Someone here said until launch day

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Someone here said until launch day

Beta ends 21. It's out 22.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

A one centimeter screen would be pretty funny.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

the truth posted:

A one centimeter screen would be pretty funny.

Please don't joke about the hololens

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

There are tons of people playing mp still. The matchmaking has somehow been even shittier than normal since the UC4 beta though. Something bad happened but I don't know what.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

So I guess Guilty Gear Revelator is getting a demo with Arcade/Training/Versus if you pre-order it on PSN.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So I guess Guilty Gear Revelator is getting a demo with Arcade/Training/Versus if you pre-order it on PSN.

It's like Street Fighter 5's release in reverse

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How did Capcom gently caress up Street Fighter V so badly? That game must have been their tiniest budget ever.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I said come in! posted:

How did Capcom gently caress up Street Fighter V so badly? That game must have been their tiniest budget ever.

Can't see how considering Sony provided most of the budget. I think it literally came down to the fact that they needed to get the game out in time for the FGC to practice it for major tournaments, and are banking on casuals willing to buy it later once it actually has enough content to warrant 60 dollars.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

They could probably have got away with it if they'd called it 'Tournament Prerelease' or something. Just be up-front.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the way Capcom handled the SFV release isn't inherently bad just charging full price and trying to pretend it was actually a finished game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You can tell Capcom rushed the hell out of it because they don't even have the shop up and running yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

drat Trackmania is really loving fun and I really like how they've cleaned up some of the stuff but a shame custom music is gone as one has not played Trackmania with Cher's Believe or a dubstep remix of the X-Files theme blasting.

• Locked thread