Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

The first season was alright but I could have done without the literal incest plotline, I didn't really brother with the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I guess but it's something I'd rather wasn't in stuff I watch no matter how it's presented.
idk i thought it was handled well. and yuzuki is dating hitoe anyway.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Would have been real nice if the axe that followed up to kill me had missed its 50%, that would have saved me some time.

i believe we've already explained how math works when an attack would kill your unit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've certainly seen it handled a lot worse, I'll give it that :/

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If jiwawawawawa refers to that vampire girl series then my experience with it is that it's the poor man's urusei yatsura and watching an episode of that anime only made me want to go back and watch more UY

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

If jiwawawawawa refers to that vampire girl series then my experience with it is that it's the poor man's urusei yatsura and watching an episode of that anime only made me want to go back and watch more UY

To be fair, a lot of series end up being a poor man's version of one of Rumiko Takahashi's series.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Allarion posted:

To be fair, a lot of series end up being a poor man's version of one of Rumiko Takahashi's series.

lord help the poor man's inuyasha

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

apparently the jiwawawa announcement was just for a stage play

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

most TCG anime toss the rules out the window when they feel like it or introduce super/supernatural powers so not bothering with rules in the first place isn't a big deal imo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

yah true, I just felt that in this case it was even more so than other examples

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i remember watching this card game advertisement anime where some kid fell into some fantasy world once where everyone had light sabre fights all the time. Card games never figured into it and i didn't even know it was advertising for one until after i finished it

i think it was called kiba or something

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

ffffffff

the incest was supposed to be a hopelessly hosed situation, anyway. it made me sad for Yuzuki. and then S2 had lovable villain Aki-lucky come back, but with a suddenly depressing arc. it was great. the /a/ threads were fun too because of how the show progressed with weekly moments like the above image and the pen scene and etc.

Endorph posted:

idk why they made a show that was 50% innuendo and weird pseudo-sexual dynamics between teenage girls to promote a card game, but here we are.

iona, too, was a gift that never stopped giving

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

i remember watching this card game advertisement anime where some kid fell into some fantasy world once where everyone had light sabre fights all the time. Card games never figured into it and i didn't even know it was advertising for one until after i finished it

i think it was called kiba or something

apparently it was made to appeal to an adult audience and they didn't want to put the story on the back burner just to promote the ccg. only the show ever got released in English though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

the card game actually exists irl and the anime was made to promote it.

idk why they made a show that was 50% innuendo and weird pseudo-sexual dynamics between teenage girls to promote a card game, but here we are.

for me, the target audience

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wasn't the mobile game Bahamut was based in basically a card game too?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't find any good sources for it but it also seems like the card company refused to pay Aniplex because they weren't able to make the jump into the US, which resulted in a bunch of lawsuits until the card company finally settled...for roughly the same amount they owed to begin with.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ill add it to my watchlist, which is probably like 1000 things long, literally

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

my dog is judging me

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Troposphere posted:

my dog is judging me

It's making sure you're learning hiragana properly

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Troposphere posted:

my dog is judging me

:petdog:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Troposphere posted:

my dog is judging me

Has it found you wanting?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Troposphere posted:

my dog is judging me

That's jealousy!! I knew someone with a dog like that once, he was a very sweet little doggy.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's the best when adaptions just go nuts and do their own thing. also by JC Staff is the show Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, the anime for a media franchise about four girls who are descendants of famous detectives, all with special powers. for the first two seasons the writers had their powers stripped away and the anime was just about them being hopeless, useless idiots. it was the best.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Troposphere posted:

my dog is judging me

sakura trick is good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That's jealousy!! I knew someone with a dog like that once, he was a very sweet little doggy.

she's a sweetie but it's actually because I'm eating fried green beans on my bed like a savage

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I can't read that at all

e:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Bkub is really fuckin good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ah

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Space Flower posted:

I can't read that at all

I'm going to guess it says BULLS

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

is this a character from anything?

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=55897991

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

kongou dess

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I've stopped driving to get lunch so I'm going to read some more Bride's Story.

Did I miss the 1987 OP marathon?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

Did I miss the 1987 OP marathon?

No worries it's not happening until later this evening.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kongou, from Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

glad to see that you're enjoying it :)

dogsicle posted:

Kongou, from Arpeggio of Blue Steel

ah, that'd explain why one of the tags gave me a whole bunch of random characters, including the kancolle kongou.

• Locked thread