Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Why the gently caress are you guys dealing with cops so often you need poo poo to hedge the bet?

eh, dealing with cops once every couple of years is worth hedging your bets if you ask me, though I don't drive nearly as fast as I used to anymore. That said living in Boston it's super nice to have an extra hedge when it comes to parking tickets for those times when you mis-judge how many coins to feed the meter.

One time they put up "no parking sidewalk repair" sign after I had already parked the car and I didn't drive for a couple days so I never noticed. Some construction dude was pounding on my door at like 7am trying to find out if I knew who owned the car because they really didn't want the cops to tow it, that alone was worth the scarlet letter if you ask me.

I should probably mention I have purple heart plates though, so they are both forever free and extra good at getting away with poo poo, YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND BURN OUT MY GEO METRO FROM DAD's GARAGE. ITS 8 MILE IN THE CD PLAYER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START RACING FAGGOTS ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, EMINEM. I BLOW EVERY STOP SIGN AND I SPIT ON EVERY TOLL BOOTH ATTENDANT. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS AND SAYING "WASNT MY SERVICE ENOUGH" WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME PUSSYASS PLYWOOD GATE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ARE PART OF THE 0.1% THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS WARRIORS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COMMUNITY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COMMUNITY COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SPEED TRAPS AND IVE STILL GOTTEN PULLED OVER FOUR TIMES ALREADY IN TYOOL 2016 BUT I SHOUT EACH TIME "OFFICER OF THE LAW? I RESPECT THE RANK BUT WHERE WERE YOU DURING THE WAR SIR". 2 HOURS IN THE BACKSEAT OF THE SQUADCAR AND THEY LET ME GO. I POLISH THOSE VETERAN PLATES EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND BURN OUT MY GEO METRO FROM DAD's GARAGE. ITS 8 MILE IN THE CD PLAYER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START RACING FAGGOTS ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, EMINEM. I BLOW EVERY STOP SIGN AND I SPIT ON EVERY TOLL BOOTH ATTENDANT. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS AND SAYING "WASNT MY SERVICE ENOUGH" WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME PUSSYASS PLYWOOD GATE OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ARE PART OF THE 0.1% THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS WARRIORS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COMMUNITY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COMMUNITY COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SPEED TRAPS AND IVE STILL GOTTEN PULLED OVER FOUR TIMES ALREADY IN TYOOL 2016 BUT I SHOUT EACH TIME "OFFICER OF THE LAW? I RESPECT THE RANK BUT WHERE WERE YOU DURING THE WAR SIR". 2 HOURS IN THE BACKSEAT OF THE SQUADCAR AND THEY LET ME GO. I POLISH THOSE VETERAN PLATES EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

You are a warrior poet and I will fight any man who argues otherwise

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

App13 posted:

I smoke a lot of weed and have a Hebrew complex

Fixed for me.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Zeris is cool because he gave me some good info about service dogges. I haven't gotten a dogge yet but definitely using that info when I'm ready. Thanks again dude.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mike-o posted:

Zeris is cool because he gave me some good info about service dogges. I haven't gotten a dogge yet but definitely using that info when I'm ready. Thanks again dude.

I don't even remember this but word dude. Just care for that dogge as much or more than it will care for you and all will work out. If anyone wants real talk on service dog options, holler pm or here. I worked at a nonprofit that did this stuff so I know my poo poo. Service dog malingerers are the scum of the earth and the world deserves positive examples of their utility and benefit.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

I hope you win a Pulitzer some day.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My coworker ended up getting a PTSD dog, and he needed it took great care of it, and jumped through mega loving hoops to let the dog come to work and pt and all that. And then like a week after command blessed off on it, they nixed it. I'll never forget that. It was a total bitch move on their part, because someone down the hall was upset that they couldn't bring their goddamn pet to work too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

My coworker ended up getting a PTSD dog, and he needed it took great care of it, and jumped through mega loving hoops to let the dog come to work and pt and all that. And then like a week after command blessed off on it, they nixed it. I'll never forget that. It was a total bitch move on their part, because someone down the hall was upset that they couldn't bring their goddamn pet to work too.

This is the point where human poo poo starts getting smeared on that person's door.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This is the point where human poo poo starts getting smeared on that person.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

It's just kind of disingenuous for me to roll around with a BSM plate when I got it purely by virtue of my rank and nothing else.

So get a different plate? It's not like they don't make campaign plates, served honorable plates, Natty Guard, any variety of other medal plates for medals you maybe felt like you earned? I think some states even have plates for basic poo poo like GWOT vet.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Soulex posted:

Though I might put "sexual identifies as an attack helicopter."

So really loud and easily shot down

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The ol' tried and true "Well, against all medical advice and doctrine, we've decided to gently caress you over because my boss casually mentioned it during a brief and I am scared he wont like me so eat poo poo soldier" tactic

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 19, 2016

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

psydude posted:

It's just kind of disingenuous for me to roll around with a BSM plate when I got it purely by virtue of my rank and nothing else.

I will second this; meritorious BSM plate are a huge loving joke. It's harder to actually get into the military than it is to get a meritorious BSM when you deploy at a certain rank.

Even worse, clueless civilians will gasp and awe at a meritorious BSM and no matter how hard you to try to explain why it's a worthless award, they will think you're a war hero.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd get a Good Conduct medal license plate if I could.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Pistol sharpshooter plate pls

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Eh, anyone who's been in knows if an award hasnt got a V it isnt worth dick.

Well, you know, barring medal of honor and poo poo.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

holocaust bloopers posted:

natty d plate

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

not caring here posted:

Eh, anyone who's been in knows if an award hasnt got a V it isnt worth dick.

Well, you know, barring medal of honor and poo poo.

Even the V don't count for poo poo past a certain rank.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
anything below silver star is garbage

edit: might have to rethink silver star after reading how it applies to pilots:

quote:

The Department of Defense does not keep extensive records of awards of the Silver Star. Independent groups estimate that between 100,000 and 150,000 Silver Stars have been awarded since the decoration was established.[9] Colonel David Hackworth is likely to be the person who has been awarded the most Silver Stars. He was awarded ten Silver Stars for service in the Korean War and the Vietnam War.[10]

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
and of course Teddy Roosevelt Jr. got a Medal of Honor because he was a 2 star and showed up on the normandy landings

gently caress all medals, gently caress all general officers

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
watched a 2LT get an AAM and try and failing to quote napoleon once. that was pretty rich.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
go read the moh commendations from poo poo like the spanish american war. they gave out 52 of the drat things during a cable cutting operation

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
For a good chunk of our history the only medal the United States had to award was the Medal Of Honor. So people got MoH's for poo poo like Lincolns funeral detail.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

go3 posted:

So really loud and easily shot down

Nice

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

For a good chunk of our history the only medal the United States had to award was the Medal Of Honor. So people got MoH's for poo poo like Lincolns funeral detail.

doesnt make it any less hilarious that on may 11 1898 18 dudes got the following citation

quote:

Facing the heavy fire of the enemy, YOURNAMEHERE set an example of extraordinary bravery and coolness throughout this action.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cross post and meant to post this here :

I think I just found the best MoH winner right here.

some stupid loving website posted posted:

One of the more darkly humorous episodes of warfare occurred on 29 January 1945, in Holzheim, Belgium. Funk and his paratroopers were assaulting the town, and he left a rearguard of 4 men, while he scouted ahead to link up with other units, Those 4 men had to guard about 80 German prisoners. Another German patrol of 10 happened by and overwhelmed the 4 Americans, freeing the prisoners and arming them. When Funk returned around the corner of a building, he was met by a German officer with an MP-40 in his stomach. The German shouted something at him, and Funk looked around.There were now about 90 Germans, about half of them armed, and 5 Americans, disarmed except for Funk.

The German shouted the same thing at him again, and Funk started laughing. He claimed later that he tried to stop laughing, but the fact that the German was shouting in German touched a nerve. Funk didn’t speak German. Neither did any of the other Americans. Why would the German officer expect him to understand?His laughter and non-compliance caused some of the Germans to start laughing. Funk shrugged at them and started laughing so hard he had to bend over. He called to his men, “I don’t understand what he’s saying!” All the while, the German officer was shouting more and more angrily.

Then, quick as lightning, Funk swung his Thompson submachine gun up and emptied the entire clip into the German, 30 rounds of .45 ACP. Before the other Germans could react, he had yanked the clip out and slammed another in and opened fire on all of them, screaming to his men to pick up weapons. They did so, and proceeded to gun down 20 men. The rest dropped their weapons and put their hands up.

Then Funk started laughing again and said to his men, “That was the stupidest loving thing I’ve ever seen!”

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's a man who shouldn't have had to pay for another beer in his entire lifetime.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's a man who shouldn't have had to pay for another beer in his entire lifetime.

I'm pretty sure that the back of a MoH says pretty much that.

"Good for unlimited alcohol, redeemable anywhere"

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'd be okay with this.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I'd get a Army Achievement medal license plate if I could.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You can get an "honorably discharged" plate in Tennessee. It's pretty much peak minimum effort or care while still attempting to draw sympathy during ticket writing time.

Of course, this is a state that still offers "sons of confederate veterans" plates, so take that as you will.

https://www.tn.gov/veteran/article/veteran-specialty-plates

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
here in colorado you can get weird poo poo like 10th mtn plates and theres no requirement that you were in it or even served in the military at all :wtc:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so either everyone here is

A)A bad driver and needs all the help they can get
B)Are in love with being a veteran and poo poo

lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Stacking the deck. I drive fine. No tickets for years.

I have a tendency to roll stop signs because gently caress shifting down to first if no one is coming. Probably been five years since the last time I got a ticket, but I've been pulled over probably half a dozen times for it over the years.

And who the gently caress knows how many random stems, seeds, and little chunks of resin are floating around in my car. Probably a hitter or two. Not that I don't clean it occasionally, but I'm lazy and definitely miss poo poo. So yeah, stacking the deck.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

so either everyone here is

A)A bad driver and needs all the help they can get
B)Are in love with being a veteran and poo poo

lol

as you are, i once was

as i am now, you will be

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Its not about being a lovely driver. It's taking all the handouts I have afforded to me.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

90% of the time I'm riding dirty in a state with pretty intense laws against marijuana. I'll take all the help I can get

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
took my first spring break dump today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

The next portion of my capstone isn't due for a month. I have no other assignments. :effort:

• Locked thread