Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

10 Beers posted:

Also, Deborah Ann Woll still smokin hot, I see.

2x02
Oh, pawn shop dude, you done went and fuuuuuuuuuucked up!

I don't think she could be anything else.

2x02

I facepalmed when that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

:f5h::byodood:
God, they loving plan for these episodes to end in ways that force you to click the "next" button.

Actually, I read an article that said that the Netflix management tells show runners to develop the shows to be binge friendly.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Can't say enough good things about Bernthal. Holy poo poo, is he perfect.

I gotta say, I was prepared not to like him, but I was pleased to be proven wrong.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Best Punisher ever. Did I seriously just watch like 10 hours of television?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The suit maker seems so much more competent this season I thought he was more of a slow guy who could work a leather needle but this time around he has more of a personality, he's making plans. Great move for the character I like him a lot.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

The suit maker seems so much more competent this season I thought he was more of a slow guy who could work a leather needle but this time around he has more of a personality, he's making plans. Great move for the character I like him a lot.

I think he's supposed to be a high functioning ASD person, sometimes he seems perfectly on top of things but at others he seems almost childlike, it's really hard to get a handle on him.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Last couple episodes of the series

Foggy needs to unstyle his hair. You don't have to style your hair to look douchy just because you've got a sweet corporate lawyer gig, Foggy.

Also I liked it better when they were playing with Foggy and Karen maybe getting together in Season 1. Karen and Matt just don't work together, he's got too many hot crazy chicks to idiotically get with and then have to ninja fight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

I was surprised when it turns out that Betsy was an actual lady since he made armor to keep her safe(and modified for Elektra) and not a cat or turtle or something like that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spoilers all If they were planning on Karen Page Fearless Reporter all along I'm even more disappointed they killed off Ben. Maybe it was a case of actor availability or something, but they did a whole season building a great rapport between him and Karen. Now they have to do it again, but this time with a guy they spent a whole season making look like a corrupt dickhead, so it's even a harder sell that he's this bastion of journalistic wisdom and ethics.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Gyges posted:

This is dumb. Hearing heartbeats, identifying exactly what it going on in rooms several floors below, and replacing his lost eyesight with a combination of the rest of his senses that give him better vision than normal people is ok, but none of this hearing people breathe bullshit!

Yeah it's a very weird sentiment, as was the dude upthread who apparently watched a season and a half of this show and somehow concluded that Daredevil doesn't have super powers.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Gyges posted:

Last couple episodes of the series

Foggy needs to unstyle his hair. You don't have to style your hair to look douchy just because you've got a sweet corporate lawyer gig, Foggy.

Also I liked it better when they were playing with Foggy and Karen maybe getting together in Season 1. Karen and Matt just don't work together, he's got too many hot crazy chicks to idiotically get with and then have to ninja fight.

But it's the greatest comic book love story ever don't you seeee

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zoux posted:

Spoilers all If they were planning on Karen Page Fearless Reporter all along I'm even more disappointed they killed off Ben. Maybe it was a case of actor availability or something, but they did a whole season building a great rapport between him and Karen. Now they have to do it again, but this time with a guy they spent a whole season making look like a corrupt dickhead, so it's even a harder sell that he's this bastion of journalistic wisdom and ethics.

Yeah, I thought he was working for Kingpin last season, so that caught me off guard.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
this da is hot af

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

-Blackadder- posted:

Also since it's been mentioned, The Punisher is actually a really compelling character when written correctly. Garth Ennis' run on The Punisher Marvel Knights and especially The Punisher MAX are some of the best written comic books period. And Jason Aaron's run on Punisher MAX is also really, really good.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I thought he was working for Kingpin last season, so that caught me off guard.

There was a reveal at the end when one of the nameless reporters were arrested, instead of the dickish boss.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Just finished the season and I liked it as much as the previous season. Pretty happy with what they did with the Punisher but I hope he doesn't get his own series even though he probably will. I'm also glad they changed the rooftop scene from the comics because Garth Ennis is a hack.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 19, 2016

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ennis rules when he's allowed to use the Punisher by himself. He sucks rear end when he has to write other heroes with Punisher and it turns into "Oh man look how dumb and lame these other guys are!" and Punisher beats up Spider-Man and loving Wolverine with absolutely no trouble.

Ennis's run on MAX is the best run of the character and top 5 runs of any comic of all time for me.

Aaron's Punisher run suffers from having Steve "One Face" Dillon on art.

Also Bullseye was loving obnoxious in it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

It's clear though that his motivation for being so supportive of Karen is cause he feels guilty about shutting Ben down and indirectly causing Ben's death

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
One thing I will say I rolled my eyes at is (not spoilers) folks referring to the DD suit as underwear or tights or whatever. Like...it's really not. It doesn't look a thing like underwear or tights, it looks full-out like useful, tactical body armor. Characters referring to it otherwise just seems like forcing some "lol comics" banter.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

They need to recast Luke because he sucked rear end in JJ along with the rest of that show

Seriously? Do you even KNOW how wrong you are? If not, I am sorry for you.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
EP11 Hahahaha Punisher of all people giving Karen relationship advice.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Mars4523 posted:

Well, to be fair, Fisk beat Matt's rear end, not the Daredevil's. It would be one hell of a telltale if a blind man suddenly started pummeling a mobster into the ground, after all.

Well we also had the small scene where Ep10 Fisk kinda had a realization when his prison wine hit his busted lip that someone had hit him like that before, and he proceeded to ask for "all the files on Mr. Murdock". It's kinda cliche but you can see the groundwork being laid down for him figuring out that Matt = Daredevil.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

adhuin posted:

There was a reveal at the end when one of the nameless reporters were arrested, instead of the dickish boss.

Yeah, I just forgot.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Cythereal posted:

In the rather good video game, Punisher briefly gets his hands on an Iron Man suit. :getin:

Which game is that?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

gently caress you, everyone loves Senor Foggy, the finest avocado.

what the hell is wrong with you?

Seconded. Besides, the series NEEDS Foggy. He's the sane one out of all of them.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The cemetery monologue in S02E04 is pretty goddamn amazing.

That said, Tony Curran should have learned from the Chinese mobsters who left New York in order to save their faces :colbert:

FTFY.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This season is even better than the first. Elektra and Frank were great additions.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So I guess whatever supernatural poo poo is brewing will be the plot for the Defenders.

e X fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 19, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Frank sure drinks a lot of coffee, eh?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grem posted:

Frank sure drinks a lot of coffee, eh?

Yeah at what point does he just start bringing his own giant mug everywhere? those tiny diner cups were killing him

VVV The flask was filled with extra coffee

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 20, 2016

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
He was rocking a tartan flask at one point.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samizdata posted:

Which game is that?

The Xbox one. He only has it in the closing cutscene, but the principle stands.

The rest of the game is Frank being Frank: feeding mobsters alive into woodchippers, holding their faces underwater in piranha tanks, nuking a South Pacific island, and teaming up with Black Widow and Nick Fury.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Around episode 11 or 12 when the ninjas invaded the hospital, I was hoping Claire would call Luke or Jessica to help keep guard. I'm glad it didn't go that way though because it would have hindered the story and whatnot.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
The fight scene in episode 3 was pretty good. But I get the impression there was some editing tricks there to make it look like one take. Which is weird because despite the hallway fight in S1 I didn't think they cheated there even though it's really easy to.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

I feel the same way as a lot of others regarding the latter part of the season at the different arcs. The Punisher was loving epically awesome, Jon Berenthal killed it so hard, but I was pretty much zoning out anytime they switched back to the Elektra story, especially the romance and exposition portions. And, yeah the endless Buffyverse Ninja fights got boring pretty quickly as well.

Also since it's been mentioned, The Punisher is actually a really compelling character when written correctly. Garth Ennis' run on The Punisher Marvel Knights and especially The Punisher MAX are some of the best written comic books period. And Jason Aaron's run on Punisher MAX is also really, really good.

A Punisher series actually has a lot of good material to work from if they go about it right and since, at least for me, the Punisher was easily the best part of this season, I have high hopes for them doing a good job.

As a general rule of thumb, Garth Ennis can't miss with me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Cythereal posted:

The Xbox one. He only has it in the closing cutscene, but the principle stands.

The rest of the game is Frank being Frank: feeding mobsters alive into woodchippers, holding their faces underwater in piranha tanks, nuking a South Pacific island, and teaming up with Black Widow and Nick Fury.

Well crap, that explains it. I remember playing the PC one and not seeing any of that stuff. Never had an Xbox.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
S02E5 -
drat Cox is good at looking blind in the gym with Elektra.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sober posted:

The fight scene in episode 3 was pretty good. But I get the impression there was some editing tricks there to make it look like one take. Which is weird because despite the hallway fight in S1 I didn't think they cheated there even though it's really easy to.

The cuts were extremely obvious in the stairway scene

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sober posted:

Yeah there were a lot of them or at least it was shot in a way that gave them lots of options in editing/FX. So if a stunt guy misses his mark they don't need to reshoot the chunks before the mistake. They'll probably reveal in a podcast/behind the scenes thing if they actually used them as cuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Maybe I missed something during the binge, but was it ever revealed who killed Reyes? E 10 or 11