Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Anyone know why SFV doesn't disable desktop composition (Aero) when I set it? I do it for fightcade to eliminate any input lag when playing in windowed. I'd play SFV in fullscreen, but alt tabbing is so buggy I'd rather just play in a big window instead.

It's probably related to why it doesn't allow overlays like FPS with afterburner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Anyone know why SFV doesn't disable desktop composition (Aero) when I set it? I do it for fightcade to eliminate any input lag when playing in windowed. I'd play SFV in fullscreen, but alt tabbing is so buggy I'd rather just play in a big window instead.

It's probably related to why it doesn't allow overlays like FPS with afterburner.

you can use the steam overlay to display FPS if you need the info by the way

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
The tendency is so obvious that the Ultimate Warrior predicted 26 years ago, at WrestleMania VI, that Alex will have lousy buttons

The Ultimate Warrior posted:

As you, Hulk Hogan, travel to... WrestleMania... by conventional means, the normals you travel with experience malfunctions. As you realize all that is left is total self-destruction, do you, Hulk Hogan, show self-pity? Do you, Hulk Hogan, try to reason why? Do you, Hulk Hogan, try and comfort the normals that have even more fear than you?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
alex doesn't even look like hogan anymore, he looks more like knuckles from the new sonic the hedgehog cartoon

wow another person on earth knows about this series

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Ag Bengip posted:

The tendency is so obvious that the Ultimate Warrior predicted 26 years ago, at WrestleMania VI, that Alex will have lousy buttons

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Faffel posted:

The PC version has support? How many betas and now over a month later and it still doesn't do xinput?

I play on Keyboard.

And I mean the most recent release I have to compare this to is MK10 where you had to do 40 hit combos with lag that made basically anything completely unplayable on PC.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

inthesto posted:

I just ran a Karin vs Birdie set against my buddy and my conclusion from this very limited data set is "hope the Karin player suffers a stroke"

As a Karin player, I know I have difficulty if I get pushed out and Birdie has time to start setting up his V-skill traps. There's no real easy way for her to deal with them safely.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is this the place to demand someone fight me in super turbo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe try Craig's list or Usenet :smug:

Taiso
Feb 20, 2002

Crush them now!

NWO Hollywood Ryu mod incoming

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://twitter.com/KBradJStorm/status/711285486141247488

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

What combo is he talking about?

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

My TE-S joystick kept "sticking" on 4,2,6. For example, when at 6 you can let go of the stick to neutral and the character will keep walking for a half-second instead of coming to an immediate stop. This makes cr. into st. combos a bitch because even if the stick is pushed from 1 to 4 two cr. attacks will often come out. (I can hear the click of 4 being hit, but the input isn't displayed right away in training mode.)

Thinking that the joystick was busted I swapped it out with the joystick of an old madcatz FS I had laying around. Same issue persists.

Is this just how the movement in SF5 works, am I messing up inputs, or does it sounds like I swapped a broken joystick for a broken joystick?

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 19, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Make sure it's set to "DP" (d-pad) instead of "LS" (left stick).

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

:captainpop: fuuuuuuuuck

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Make sure it's set to "DP" (d-pad) instead of "LS" (left stick).

Is there really that big of a difference in input with a stick to change that option from left stick to dpad? Plz explain!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

LS emulates an analog joystick and it feels like poo poo and is bad and I don't know why it exists.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I got to thinking. People love to spam and mash combos over and over and over. I seem to do pretty well defending and blocking them all. Whose the best punisher in the game?
Who has some great "well you really shouldn't constnatly do that against me time to pay the piper." character?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
If they're mashing combos how are you going to punish

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
time to pay the piper bitch

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

AnonSpore posted:

If they're mashing combos how are you going to punish

Ill use that 9 input delay to push a button before their combo comes out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

LS emulates an analog joystick and it feels like poo poo and is bad and I don't know why it exists.

So you can use your $300 arcade stick to play other games that use the left stick for movement, I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of those games use right stick to control camera too though so that's kinda pointless unless you're playing like Asura's Wrath

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wait that uses the right stick as an aiming reticle and for other inputs nevermind

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Microwaves Mom posted:

Ill use that 9 input delay to push a button before their combo comes out.

The joke is that if the opponent has landed a combo you are getting hit and therefore can't punish hth

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Finding out my TE-S wasn't compatible with my PC was the saddest day of my life. Coincidentally a Tuesday.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe a character with 3f jab and invincible reversals

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

the only proper way to beat someone mashing combos is to mash combos back at them

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

If you play against someone who mashes and spams the same combo in the corner the only right thing to do is quit, and play somebody with more honor.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

AnonSpore posted:

The joke is that if the opponent has landed a combo you are getting hit and therefore can't punish hth

I was referring to blocking said combo. Please do not be a dick. I'm new.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Capcom should sell canned combos like they did in SFXT

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

doesn't pokken have dial-a-combos

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

Play ryu and Cammy

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Microwaves Mom posted:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

If you block it it's not a combo

That said from what little I've seen dictator and Ryu have the beefiest punishes

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Play ryu and Cammy

Yeah I was thinking Ryu cause of the parry as well as having a DP. Is Ryus medium DP the go to punish?

I will actually use this, thank you.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yeah I was thinking Ryu cause of the parry as well as having a DP. Is Ryus medium DP the go to punish?

Usually medium is his best anti-air because it's invincible, whereas the heavy/EX is used to finish combos.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

There is a post on Srk listing ideas for how to punish each characters stuff with ryu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Here you go: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/207938/ryus-punishes-after-block