Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Deeters posted:

Is that the Seat Concepts seat, marxalot? What do you think of it?

It's awesome. Get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Deeters posted:

Yes, and while you still won't 'tour' on it it makes those 2hr runs to Central Texas less miserable.

Also you can order them with all kinds of grippy or even slippery covers if either needing more mobility or not wanting to slip a little during a wheelie bothers you.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 13, 2016

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Deeters posted:

I have one. It's great.

(Rather, it's "acceptable" as far as motorcycle seats go, which means it's great, for a DRZ :) )

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I'm putting my DRZ on Craigslist next week. I've got a Corbin and a pro-upholsterer installed Seat Concepts --both nearly new.

Which seat should I list with the bike and which should I resell separate? I feel like there's a good chance the buyer will be some kid who doesn't care how stiff the Corbin is, but I don't know if there's a market to resell the SConcepts.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Just how "grippy" is the grippy seat? I still want to move around if I go offroad

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Deeters posted:

Just how "grippy" is the grippy seat? I still want to move around if I go offroad

You're not going to be glued to the seat or anything. I really liked it when I had it. Also only the top part is grippy. The sides are still smooth.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Partial Octopus posted:

You're not going to be glued to the seat or anything. I really liked it when I had it. Also only the top part is grippy. The sides are still smooth.

Stock ones are like this. I have the same thing and can still move around just fine.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

looks like local places are selling the 701sm for $11,299+taxes,title,etc. I can't bring myself to spend 5 figures on a sumo

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

GriszledMelkaba posted:

looks like local places are selling the 701sm for $11,299+taxes,title,etc. I can't bring myself to spend 5 figures on a sumo

I too waffled at the price...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol if anyone thought it might be reasonably priced

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yeah uh that's actually cheaper after inflation than the release price of the 690 SMC.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to own one in 8 years! :smith:

XYLOPAGUS
Aug 23, 2006
--the creator of awesome--

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lol if anyone thought it might be reasonably priced

Full disclosure, I expected the price and was more than willing to pay it. Then I helped my gf replace her car. She paid $13k out the door for a '13 civic with no issues. Couldn't convince myself to drop the coin.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
It's tempting but for around 10k you can buy a 2016 FZ09 and put ohlins, an exhaust, and stainless brake lines on it.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Marxalot posted:

It's tempting but for around 10k you can buy a 2016 FZ09 and put ohlins, an exhaust, and stainless brake lines on it.

thats not much of a supermoto though.

a new drzsm runs ~9 thou out the door... I'd pay another 2 and get something with actual balls.

buuuuut this is coming from someone that rides a drz almost old enough to buy cigarettes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

That light/signal cluster on the tail is ugly as gently caress. Looks like an afterthought.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JB50 posted:

That light/signal cluster on the tail is ugly as gently caress. Looks like an afterthought.

They're all afterthoughts on every bike

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They're all afterthoughts on every bike

Why the weird extension though? Must be a DOT thing.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

a new drzsm runs ~9 thou out the door... I'd pay another 2 and get something with actual balls.

Also not designed before computers, made from pot steel and tuned for bunker fuel.

Actually, that would make a DRZ pretty sweet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'll never understand spending so much on a bike that you're expected to drop multiple times

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Having crashed a few my self, and borne witness to many crashes and multiple-crashed motards; none of them sustained anything I could call major or even moderate damage. A full set of plastics to freshen the look up is a few hundred bucks w/ graphics. If you don't have the means you don't have the means, but if you do, I highly recommend it.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'll never understand spending so much on a bike that you're expected to drop multiple times

I would prefer to drop $11k on a Motard (which I did, kinda, insturance, warranty, etc. included) that I'll have for years to have a complete ball on, than go on a trip to wherever for the same amount.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

gently caress I sat on one. I think I'm going to get one

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Get hype son

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

GriszledMelkaba posted:

gently caress I sat on one. I think I'm going to get one

Which one? One of us. One of us.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The 701sm

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
SHOTS FIRED.

Those look so nice. Several levels above what I want to go for, but I'd be all over that if I had the cash.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

DO IT x1000

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Spiffness posted:

DO IT x1000

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

A Spurned Italian

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Is that the 701 I see in the bottom? Did you pull the trigger on it? How is it?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I have to go to work and it was raining hard and the speed limits are like 25 mph camera enforced between the dealer and my house and some dude was going 20 with his trunk flopping up and down and just about the most anticlimactic new ride home ever. This bike is going to be so loving awesome

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm so drat proud of you.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Noice.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

You bought a 701 and now you're complaining about rain, speed limits, and other cars in your way? SMH, I think you're doing this supermoto thing wrong.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GriszledMelkaba posted:

A Spurned Italian

You are a great man.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Hooray

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

First bike I've had with ABS. The whole thing feels like I'm cheating at riding a motorcycle, everything is so effortless. I definitely quickly passed the phase of new purchase "oh god what have I done" feeling real quick with the first wheel loft. I recommend.

Also are axle sliders a worthwhile thing to put on or do they not really protect that much?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

GriszledMelkaba posted:

First bike I've had with ABS. The whole thing feels like I'm cheating at riding a motorcycle, everything is so effortless. I definitely quickly passed the phase of new purchase "oh god what have I done" feeling real quick with the first wheel loft. I recommend.

Also are axle sliders a worthwhile thing to put on or do they not really protect that much?

Almost all supermoto track days require them; so get em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

That bike looks so drat good. How's the seat?

• Locked thread