Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I mean they probably did it on pbe where riot gives you literally everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
If one of my teammates gets caught out and I'm Janna/Alistar is it okay to give my life to save them if they're ahead

I went 1/11 on ali trying to save people and I think at some point it stops being peeling and becomes feeding but I want to at least believe I was doing the right thing :negative:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you actually save them, yes. If you just die along with them, no.

E: :agreed: with kingcobweb though - you generally dont have to die

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 19, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

If one of my teammates gets caught out and I'm Janna/Alistar is it okay to give my life to save them if they're ahead

I went 1/11 on ali trying to save people and I think at some point it stops being peeling and becomes feeding but I want to at least believe I was doing the right thing :negative:

You should die on Janna never and Alistar sometimes. The situations where you die instead of them as a mage support are incredibly rare.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
11 deaths is too many though. That is so many deaths

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

If I wanted to play top lane and swap into a 1v2, what kind of champs work for that? I played a ton of solo offlane in Dota so I have a vague idea but I'm not sure how well it translates.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know how or why you're planning to swap into a 1v2 but you just have to play one of those extremely low econ tanks who sometimes have sub 20 cs at 10 minutes in pro play. So Nautilus and Poppy and APPARENTLY Maokai but I think he still sucks real bad.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rumble is really good low econ as well. You will never see 2v1 in solo queue, though

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

kingcobweb posted:

11 deaths is too many though. That is so many deaths

I learned that I shouldn't play ali supp tbh because I generally don't go over 4/5 deaths in a game unless I'm playing a champ I don't know at all

My last two games were 2/4/18 janna (went too ham a few times trying to make picks) and 5/6/33 soraka (it went 52 minutes) so I think I'm just overall better at mages than any other role

Oh and ty for the advice, I figured if they died too then it wouldn't be worth it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

How Rude posted:

Xin with Sated and Rageblade should be really hard to kill unless you hard cc him for more than a second. as soon as he gets spirit visage and some kind of armor item he becomes an unstoppable beast.

he farms so quickly and ganks so powefully after clearing with 100% hp its not even like you have to forego ganking at all, just do both and also take dragon when you inevitably smash the mid/botlane's faces in or ruin the enemy jungler's life.

Xin is really good and devourer --> rageblade --> tank is roughly what I build on him every game. If you want to be truly unkillable throw in a BORK at the end.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All five members on my team got an S rank and it got me a chest and a key fragment, nice.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Sweeper Alistar from this chest, cool.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

BigLeafyTree posted:

If I wanted to play top lane and swap into a 1v2, what kind of champs work for that? I played a ton of solo offlane in Dota so I have a vague idea but I'm not sure how well it translates.

rabidsquid posted:

I don't know how or why you're planning to swap into a 1v2 but you just have to play one of those extremely low econ tanks who sometimes have sub 20 cs at 10 minutes in pro play. So Nautilus and Poppy and APPARENTLY Maokai but I think he still sucks real bad.

Given how bad people are at wave management at low elo, you can probably keep up with farm by either playing a champ like Mundo (low econ, ability to farm easily with Q) or a strong waveclear mage in a slightly off-meta role (Lulu, Lissandra, Morgana, even Cho'Gath).

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

unranked.png

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think Teemo was actually a mid laner before he was a top laner, although it's fairly bizarre to run TP on him mid.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
haha you think that only happens in unranked

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There's a Teemo jungle only guy in masters. Some people really love Teemo.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

unranked.png

You didn't pick Riven and I see no Vayne anywhere so this is a weak representation of pre-30/bronze games

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm not complaining about the matchup I'm just saying that the champs picked are unranked as gently caress.

Also they banned Teemo (?) so our mid had to pick Annie and I'm not sure if that's more or less representative of the experience.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Just stomped a Garen top as Nasus. Noticed that the other team had literally no MR items, pointed this out to my team, and our Orianna immediately bought an Abyssal Sceptre.

Why don't Bronze players build MR

Why don't Bronze players build Zz'rots and splitpush

How did I win that so handily when I'm so bad at this game

blah_blah posted:

Given how bad people are at wave management at low elo, you can probably keep up with farm by either playing a champ like Mundo (low econ, ability to farm easily with Q) or a strong waveclear mage in a slightly off-meta role (Lulu, Lissandra, Morgana, even Cho'Gath).

Vladimir and Nasus are great for learning how to do this.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am torn on the most solo queue possible mid laner. There are a lot of good options. Is it Zed? Yasuo? Leblanc is way worse than those two but getting a mid Yasuo on your all ad Riven/Yi/Vayne team is always classic. Zed has a really high win rate now though so does that disqualify him?

I think Riven/Yi/Vayne/Blitz are all the undisputed solo queue champs of their respective roles.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not complaining about the matchup I'm just saying that the champs picked are unranked as gently caress.

Also they banned Teemo (?) so our mid had to pick Annie and I'm not sure if that's more or less representative of the experience.

Annie is actually really good.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm not saying she's bad!

I keep loving forgetting League doesn't have sellback and screwing myself out of a starting item :negative:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not saying she's bad!

I keep loving forgetting League doesn't have sellback and screwing myself out of a starting item :negative:

You can sell anything back.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

unranked.png

If this is the worst soloq team comp you're a part of in a given 10 game stretch, you live a charmed life. 3 of those champs (Blitz, Master Yi, Garen) are probably god tier at your elo as well.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

rabidsquid posted:

I am torn on the most solo queue possible mid laner. There are a lot of good options. Is it Zed? Yasuo? Leblanc is way worse than those two but getting a mid Yasuo on your all ad Riven/Yi/Vayne team is always classic. Zed has a really high win rate now though so does that disqualify him?

I think Riven/Yi/Vayne/Blitz are all the undisputed solo queue champs of their respective roles.

Since zed is now good it's definitely yasuo

stump collector
May 28, 2007
take 5 extra seconds in the rage cage to make sure you bought the correct doran item

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SaberToothedPie posted:

Since zed is now good it's definitely yasuo
My least favorite thing to see in solo queue is when I lock in an Alistar or Malphite and then immediately see our team lock in a Yasuo, like well okay I was planning on helping the team but I guess you expect me to be your personal knockup machine now. Usually they'll lose lane long before I ever get to roam and scream wait for late

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You can sell anything back.

That's not what I said.

blah_blah posted:

If this is the worst soloq team comp you're a part of in a given 10 game stretch, you live a charmed life. 3 of those champs (Blitz, Master Yi, Garen) are probably god tier at your elo as well.

Lady Naga posted:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lady Naga posted:

That's not what I said.

It is, you said sellback. you can sell anything back.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It is, you said sellback. you can sell anything back.

Sellback isn't the same thing as being able to sell something back you dingus.

Sellback is when there's a grace period to sell something back to the shop and get a full refund.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's an undo button if you haven't left the fountain

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kashuno posted:

There's an undo button if you haven't left the fountain

Where's that?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Sellback is when there's a grace period to sell something back to the shop and get a full refund.

Lmao, and I'm the dingus? Sorry i don't follow your lovely rando game's wiki. I just use common english

Lady Naga posted:

Where's that?

lamo you loving moron

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

How are you missing such basic parts of the game, and still overtaking pretty much everyone else in this thread in terms of Volume Posting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It is literally next to the sell button.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lmao, and I'm the dingus? Sorry i don't follow your lovely rando game's wiki. I just use common english

The gently caress are you talking about?

rabidsquid posted:

It is literally next to the sell button.
Also it makes no fuckin' sense to have this be a separate function considering I'm pretty sure there are literally zero cases in which someone would want to sell something back and intentionally lose money during the sellback peroid.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

The gently caress are you talking about?

you lack of english comprehension and game knowledge.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

you lack of english comprehension and game knowledge.

Calling the opposite of a buyback a sellback is a lack of english comprehension

O K A Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't remember all the interactions or if they even fixed this but some champs interact with items in a way that you can't undo some purchases. I don't think Singed can undo buying an item that gives him mana bc of the way his passive interacts with it. At least it was like that before, I haven't played him in a long time

• Locked thread