Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I wish this game had a REVENGEANCE difficulty mode where my stats are all capped at 10 but gun parries do like 25x bonus damage

i wish you could move full speed with the monocular out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish you could play as bayonetta

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

every day

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I wish bayonetta was a real girl who loved me like I love her.. VR can't get here any fastrer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i came across a watchdog in a FRC dungeon, and decided to try the bowblade on him since i've beaten him regularly in the story chalice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJ7biUaCxQ

ultimate dog cheese

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufn0Vird4G0

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
jerks sans frontieres just released an hour long discussion of oedon, if you're into that.

of course, i'm.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Vulich the Subtle posted:

jerks sans frontieres just released an hour long discussion of oedon, if you're into that.

of course, i'm.

It's superb

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that guy is ten times better than vaati.

also, i was watching the nightmare fauna video and never realized:

lost children have dumb, goofy cartoon faces

loran silverbeasts have normal heads turned 90 degrees

and the shoggoth type things have dark, shadowy messengers (like the ones that surround old hunter bells) on their undersides

edit: i like the idea that oedon is tricking the chapel dweller into drawing people to the chapel so that he can look for the right medium for his child. that's a total flip of how it's presented in the game, where iosefka's is the dangerous and evil place, and the chapel is the 'good' path. he's really just driving everyone there insane, and killing them in an entirely different way.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 18, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i only know about the story from what ive discovered myself but the brain in mensis looks like its made out of messenger bodies too. gotta look closely with a torch though :-)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the space pirates put the brain there to protect it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont think anyones guessed what the messengers are yet so im going to make a video about how theyre all sperms

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they're skeleton babies

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
skeleton babies is what i call my sperms

DEBATE ME BITCH
Jan 5, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

i only know about the story from what ive discovered myself but the brain in mensis looks like its made out of messenger bodies too. gotta look closely with a torch though :-)

mensis nightmare might have been my favorite zone with all the pvp and poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its one of my favourite too, cos you climb like this massive tower and can look over the ledges and see the rest of the level a lot. massive towers are my favourite kind of final level

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the college people put cages on their heads and built a creepy castle in outer space

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's extremely hard not to wear the cage for the rest of the game whenever I get it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

the college people put cages on their heads and built a creepy castle in outer space

the eye of mensis is also an awesome piece of the level. having fury spikes going into your brain as you're trying to avoid giant shamblers really adds to the atmosphere. and then, once you pull its lever, it's time for revenge!

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

unnggghh getting some major bloodborne withdrawals reading this thread

[wipes sweat from brow, dizzy]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i dont think anyones guessed what the messengers are yet so im going to make a video about how theyre all sperms

dont you dare post in it Games unless you can work menstruation in there in a few creative (but tasteful) ways :)

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

dont you dare post in it Games unless you can work menstruation in there in a few creative (but tasteful) ways :)

any fan theory would be incomplete without it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bloodletting beast is quite difficult, even with my beastkilling saw spear

speaking of, it's pretty funny how JSF develops a really nice theory about bloodletting beast only for it to be completely btfo by the DLC (I like how he compared it to SOTFS when instead of Aldia subtly hinted as being the dragon he turns out to be "a big bonfire with a nose")

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had luck with baiting his maggot ranged attack by sticking in mid-range and hitting him in his wound with my gun, and then dodging in close and whaling on him with my melee

well, that was with my chikage, when i as running a saw cleaver i just put fire on it and face tanked his stomps while hacking his legs and rallying the damage

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 19, 2016

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the messengers are just these guys from berserk

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

badass

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

That owns

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
berserk owns. if you havent read/watched it then you really should. there's a bunch of stuff in every souls game that's taken pretty much right out of it and it's also a really good story that can only be described as epic

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Where should I start?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Where should I start?

I haven't read berserk but I'm going to guess Page 1.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Well I bet page 1 is like some copyright bs so you lose this round, troll!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Well I bet page 1 is like some copyright bs so you lose this round, troll!

its probably an ultra sweet cover page actually

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Where should I start?

google berserk manga

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

there's an anime series and movies too. I'll just read vol 1 tho

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
skip the cartoons for now. they only confuse things

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
you can read the official dark horse translation for free here http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk
you can find the 1997 anime series on youtube pretty easily too but it only covers the very beginning of the series and then ends on prolly the biggest cliff hanger of all times

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
read the manga then watch the anime bloopers

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i watched an OVA that they put on Netflix, and it really did own. guts is a super cool character.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think miyazaki also pulls from Jojos too? at least one of the characters in S1 is named Tarkus and he's a badass undead knight, although he's a huge rear end in a top hat and servant of evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

you can read the official dark horse translation for free here http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk
you can find the 1997 anime series on youtube pretty easily too but it only covers the very beginning of the series and then ends on prolly the biggest cliff hanger of all times

Ty very much