Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Can I get an invite to one of the goon guilds? I'm level 30 valk on the Orwen-Balenos 2.

family name: creamgravy
character: cuveerene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

hcenvirons posted:

Can I get an invite to one of the goon guilds? I'm level 30 valk on the Orwen-Balenos 2.

family name: creamgravy
character: cuveerene

You need to whisper a guild master or officer. The game makes guild invites unnecessarily difficult.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Is it just me or does fresh water fishing absolutely loving blow? I've been taking a tour of all the rivers and lakes and recording my catches to build up a database, and I regularly go 20-30 casts or more and get nothing but garbage.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Is it just me or does fresh water fishing absolutely loving blow? I've been taking a tour of all the rivers and lakes and recording my catches to build up a database, and I regularly go 20-30 casts or more and get nothing but garbage.
Deep sea is the only area where there is lots of fish, strictly speaking. Catching garbage, however, means that you also have chances to catch relic shards, which are more valuable than most of fish is.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

LegalPad posted:

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/8239/

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Good news I actually took a minute to learn how to play sorc and now I kill everything in like two hits.

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013
Latvian Potato is the best part of BDO, gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

randombattle posted:

Good news I actually took a minute to learn how to play sorc and now I kill everything in like two hits.

Down +S

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

He means ↓ + LMB.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

kalstrams posted:

He means ↓ + LMB.

How does a Claws of Darkness based build compare to a more ranged build? More damage but riskier since you're up close?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bonds0097 posted:

How does a Claws of Darkness based build compare to a more ranged build? More damage but riskier since you're up close?

You're a punch wizard. Go and punch things.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

kalstrams posted:

He means ↓ + LMB.

It's a game changer.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bonds0097 posted:

I'm not sure I've seen one, since all (the whole two them) builds I've seen do take 3 levels of Claws of Darkness so you have a button for the case when your doesn't kill something, as far as grinding goes at least.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

bonds0097 posted:

If you want to play range roll almost anything besides a sorc

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

LegalPad posted:

I also spent a long time looking for freshwater "hot spots" and can say I don't think they exist.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't know about anyone else, but I know for a fact that horses are stupider than poo poo and WILL kill themselves if you don't take an absurd amount of precautions and adorn them in the right silly accessories so that they don't scare themselves and fall over dead, and even then at best you can reduce the chances that they will do that, but they're still absolutely going to. Women who are obsessed with horses are just as bad as ones who are obsessed with anything else, but it may be dumber because it's a placeholder for animalistic male sexuality; however, in reality, it doesn't hold up because dominant male sexual energy is incompatible with horse personality and tendencies because, again, they're absolutely going to kill themselves by accident, whereas studs and straight power tops are highly unlikely to catch their reflection in a mirror then break their leg and get eaten by a mountain lioness

Of course, if you don't nail little metal rings onto them, they'll split open, and then they'll die.

I personally guarantee you a dog will never in this life hear a bee then have a heart attack out of fear, dying

Babies grow up and that's okay, it's like, sometimes a great meal is worth a lot of prep, for example. Horses only get more likely to die from a stupid reason as they get older. Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died

That's understandable, but in the scheme of things it's a fairly low chance. With horses, there is no such thing as a natural death at any point in existence: they've strictly only died from stupid poo poo. Saw water and passed away

My dad had a horse fall in a hole and almost die. They had to use a truck wench to get her out. She was too weak to walk so they tied ropes between two trees to hold her up. It took days of them hand feeding her before she could stand or walk on her own.

Less than a month later, she fell in the same hole and died.

As someone who grew up with a couple friends into horses and loving dressage I can say that if anything you are being way too easy going on them. Its like their survival strategy is to break their legs or kill them selves at the slightest sign of danger, or a noise, or a change in humidity.

My friends barn had to install a big fence because they were next to a turkey farm and despite the horses seeing these birds every single loving day, any time you'd ride past them most of the horses would briefly flip out and hurt them selves or throw their rider when the turkeys came into view. You could literally ride in a loop for an hour and every single time the horse would "scare" at the turkeys.

Maybe wilder horses are smarter but dressage horses are more fragile and stupid than a baby that just learned to crawl. They will jump onto fences and cut them selves in half, they will get stuck between buildings, they will randomly for no reason at all break their legs. If there is a way to kill or hurt them selves they will find it. And people drop 50k or more on these idiots.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The MMO horse is a far grander beast, being part tank and part cruise missile.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I never expected to see a lady thread classic on this thread

Also loving sorceress, will kick all the things

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

prinnylaharl posted:

Latvian Potato is the best part of BDO, gently caress anyone who says otherwise.

:agreed: #potato2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

kalstrams posted:

He means ↓ + LMB.

yea derp thats what i meant

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Alchemy costume looks pretty cool

http://imgur.com/a/TW75C

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

I've just started playing it today and it's grabbed me more than any other MMO in years. The atmosphere is incredible - I'm standing right now in a street running with water, getting drenched in a thunderstorm at night, using my lantern to navigate. It all looks fabulous - my character model even gets properly wet, so I looked like the drowned rat I am.

There's some horrendous anime themed classes, but as long as you steer clear of them, it feels like a more immersive fantasy world than anything since LOTRO for me. The non-combat related side of the game (crafting, workers etc.) seems tremendously complex and involving too, which looks like a big plus. Let's hope the game continues like this...

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone has an extra seven-day code, I need it to complete the spell of autism that will let me into this game long enough to realize that it's just another ArcheAge and uninstall it forever.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

No cause it doesn't suck like archage did.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hi, I got this game recently. I'm trying to convert some friends and i could use a cojple guest passes if anybody has some to spare, please PM them. I only need 3 or 4, so if i get more I can notify the sender or simply post them ITT.

That said I'm also looking for non-IRL friends to hang with.

I am on Edan Calpheon E1, and I am a level 18 sorceress. Still learning the ropes and looing to chill w. chill goons.

If you're into it, my name is Chingatumadre and my family name is Kisra.

I use skype for voice and you can ring me @ tben22

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Prince John posted:

I've just started playing it today and it's grabbed me more than any other MMO in years. The atmosphere is incredible - I'm standing right now in a street running with water, getting drenched in a thunderstorm at night, using my lantern to navigate. It all looks fabulous - my character model even gets properly wet, so I looked like the drowned rat I am.

There's some horrendous anime themed classes, but as long as you steer clear of them, it feels like a more immersive fantasy world than anything since LOTRO for me. The non-combat related side of the game (crafting, workers etc.) seems tremendously complex and involving too, which looks like a big plus. Let's hope the game continues like this...

This, 100%. I haven't been this engrossed in a game in a long, long time.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

hemophilia posted:

Hi, I got this game recently. I'm trying to convert some friends and i could use a cojple guest passes if anybody has some to spare, please PM them. I only need 3 or 4, so if i get more I can notify the sender or simply post them ITT.

That said I'm also looking for non-IRL friends to hang with.

I am on Edan Calpheon E1, and I am a level 18 sorceress. Still learning the ropes and looing to chill w. chill goons.

If you're into it, my name is Chingatumadre and my family name is Kisra.

I use skype for voice and you can ring me @ tben22

Dentists - invite this man

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rkIoHhabwNh7GuEUryfEnZ_5gRMHQcke0nyrtgVmJWQ/pubhtml

A spreadsheet of houses in various cities.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Is this a scheme for you to collect goon emails?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What's the point of buying a house?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

randombattle posted:

What's the point of buying a house?

Different workshops and things needed to craft certain items.

If you just mean a residence, then I guess the cooking stove for 4-factor cooking, a bed for higher energy regen, and furniture for pretty princess points.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Can I get an invite to a Goon guild on Orwen? I'm 47 and getting ready for the pvp side. I've been mostly focusing on life skills. Top 3 processor/trader.
Mugaaz / Mugaaz

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

Is this a scheme for you to collect goon emails?

No? I just found it on the Web when looking for big houses in Heidel.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Mugaaz posted:

Can I get an invite to a Goon guild on Orwen? I'm 47 and getting ready for the pvp side. I've been mostly focusing on life skills. Top 3 processor/trader.
Mugaaz / Mugaaz

Whisper one of the guild leaders or inviters in game. They can't easily invite you otherwise (koreagame systems).

Also, check here for guest passes. I would suggest putting both these things, bolded, at the top of the OP, but who the hell ever reads the OP (or the 250 page guide in broken english)?

Edit: I just checked: Information is under the pictures at the top of the OP already. It's me. I'm proof that goons don't read the OP, Lewtt.

AppliedPhilosophy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 20, 2016

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Prince John posted:

Probably the biggest complement I can give this game's atmosphere is that, anime stuff and piss-poor story translations aside, it feels a lot like an upbeat version of Witcher 3, with it's large settlements and huge main city, dozens of NPCs going about their business, farms and mines that look like farms and mines and not a hut next to some fields/rocks. It's beautifully constructed and I'm looking forward to seeing what the expansion regions look like.

Valatar posted:

If anyone has an extra seven-day code, I need it to complete the spell of autism that will let me into this game long enough to realize that it's just another ArcheAge and uninstall it forever.

Just chucked a code into the guest pass thread if you want it

MadJackMcJack fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 20, 2016

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Snatch Duster posted:

yea derp thats what i meant

I thought it was a :downs: joke.

6 stones to get from +10 to +11. :smith: 6 and counting to reach 12... That was most of my scrolls bounty for today.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

RedTonic posted:

I thought it was a :downs: joke.

6 stones to get from +10 to +11. :smith: 6 and counting to reach 12... That was most of my scrolls bounty for today.

Six stones isn't that bad!

48 failstacks to finally get my +15 weapon. gently caress that bullshit. I might just leave my armor mostly alone and wait for grunil.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Prince John posted:

This is actually the thing that surprised me the most about this. I got a code from some giveaway and I expected a fun character creator and fun combat. I did NOT expect to see as much character and atmosphere as there is. I spend most of my time that isn't tending my crops riding around and just talking to people to learn things. It's an experience I did not expect and thoroughly enjoy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I was remarking about this with a friend of mine.

There is an important distinction between this game and other games with crazy resource management like, say, EVE. In this game you are a roving murderhobo in search of profit and adventure. In EVE you are playing the guy toting the muderhobo's belongings from one city to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

I lucked the gently caress out did my weekly boss scroll run ended up with 36 weapon blackstones and was able to get both 14 and 15 granted I used the armor stones I had gotten to get my fail stacks to 10 before spamming stones.