Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

whatever7 posted:

Berniebros pushed the Bernie DNOM Yes from 10 cents to 16 cents, will it go higher after the next round of states?

If they got money to waste it's worth trying to catch a low since he has a good chance on doing well next week, they'll probably push it to 30 by the end of the weekend

Or you could wait for Hillary nom to go low and get on that, unless you're worried she won't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

L-Boned posted:

You do know there has been a ton of early voting and, by all accounts, it heavily favors Trump.

Are there numbers on the early voting? Unless a bunch of people wasted votes on Rubio I'm not sure how it specifically favors Trump, who hasn't enjoyed the support in polling in Arizona as he has in most of the States he won with a solid margin.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I bought a bunch of Bernie Nom.No for cheap, since I'm expecting him to win solid all next week.

Then I'll sell because he'll lose NY and CA.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Stereotype posted:

I bought a bunch of Bernie Nom.No for cheap, since I'm expecting him to win solid all next week.

Then I'll sell because he'll lose NY and CA.
I had 1100 NOs, sold them at .90, but planning to use his successes Tuesday to get back in. Hoping for mid 70s.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

There are only three primaries in the next thirty days. Poop.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Aliquid posted:

There are only three primaries in the next thirty days. Poop.

Three Republican primaries.

There are eight Democratic primaries.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I have 80% of my portfolio in Hillary MO and yet sometimes I still forget the democratic primary is ongoing

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Are there numbers on the early voting? Unless a bunch of people wasted votes on Rubio I'm not sure how it specifically favors Trump, who hasn't enjoyed the support in polling in Arizona as he has in most of the States he won with a solid margin.

The scale on this graph is hilariously misleading but the numbers are accurate. The early vote numbers are from Wednesday - meaning almost all of them were cast when Rubio was still in the race (and the most recent poll had Rubio at 16%).

Statewide, early voting through 3/16 was over half of the total vote in the 2012 primary, while Maricopa county turnout was already at 75% of 2012 levels. Aside from being the largest county, Maricopa is also notable because Trump endorser Sheriff Joe Arpaio runs a strong political operation there.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

Winning every poll since january by double digits is not good polling support, lmbo you are being dumb about this.

e/ compare with illinois polls, which were fairly close leading up, yet he won there without issue. Why illinois? Because where the gently caress do you think conservatives in az came from?

TROIKA CURES GREEK has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Mar 19, 2016

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I don't think anyone is saying Trump will lose AZ - but essentially 90 - 10? No way. Especially not with 30% undecided. I can't see Cruz dropping much further, but a new poll could help boost Cruz in the market. (And then always the madness of actual primary day.)

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
The Betfair Rep.Nom market has officially gone insane:

7% chance of "none of the above" is beyond free money and into "we give up, just take our cash" territory

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Adar posted:

7% chance of "none of the above" is beyond free money and into "we give up, just take our cash" territory

Holy moly and that's including the insane options like Romney/Ryan

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Adar posted:

Boy, won’t you have egg on your face when I’m the nominee.

It’s more likely than Bloomberg

e: The way I see it, Cruz is less likely than Kasich.

Cruz can’t beat Trump outright, and if the establishment screws Trump out of the nomination, they might as well go all the way.

I know that various GOPe figures have been talking up Cruz, but they’re only doing that because they would very much like Trump to get less than 50% of the vote and the only way that happens is if Cruz does well. When it comes down to it, party leadership would rather take their chances with Trump than with Cruz.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 19:28 on Mar 19, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Winning every poll since january by double digits is not good polling support, lmbo you are being dumb about this.

e/ compare with illinois polls, which were fairly close leading up, yet he won there without issue. Why illinois? Because where the gently caress do you think conservatives in az came from?

Trump has consistently underperformed his polls by anywhere from 5% to 20%. Late deciders have generally gone against him by some absurd ratio. This isn't news for most people.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arizona also has a closed primary. But I think the early voting numbers mean Trump takes it anyway: http://email.connectstrategic.com/t/j-B42E1095B9450178

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Platystemon posted:

Boy, won’t you have egg on your face when I’m the nominee.

It’s more likely than Bloomberg

e: The way I see it, Cruz is less likely than Kasich.

Cruz can’t beat Trump outright, and if the establishment screws Trump out of the nomination, they might as well go all the way.

I know that various GOPe figures have been talking up Cruz, but they’re only doing that because they would very much like Trump to get less than 50% of the vote and the only way that happens is if Cruz does well. When it comes down to it, party leadership would rather take their chances with Trump than with Cruz.

If they go brokered their best bet is giving it to Cruz. They're probably going to get get crushed either way at that point, so might as well throw in a guy who isn't going to ignite the general populace's desire to vote against them and thus have a chance at saving the down ballot. Also, whoever steals the nomination from Trump is going to be hated for losing the election after stealing it. If they pin that poo poo on an establishment guy there's no way in hell they get on nominated next time. However if they pin it on Cruz, well then Trump gets stumped and Cruz is destroyed nationally. Overthrowing Trump and installing Cruz lets them gently caress both those guys.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Isn't Cruz anti-gay and anti-abortion enough to incite some downticket rage?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

a cop posted:

Isn't Cruz anti-gay and anti-abortion enough to incite some downticket rage?

He's a conservative horror show, but he's smart enough to phrase his hate without the bombastic attention grabbing style of Trump. Ted Cruz will happily gently caress over a larger portion of the populace that Trump, but Trump is far more noticeable about his attempt.

Donald Trump is the type of serial killer writing into the media and taunting the police. Ted Cruz is the serial killer who keeps his head down and wracks up dozens of kills before the police even know he exists. Ted got all that attention grabbing poo poo out of his system back in California.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Daniel Schwaner • 26 minutes ago
if we all can't agree that the UNKNOWN number of outstanding provisional military and absentee ballots are going to be the end all be all of this market than you are delusional. and lets reiterate hillary has a 1500 vote lead.. 1500 out of 600K+.. thats like saying there are 400 apples.. 600,000 divided by 1500 :). she has 1 extra apple... if there aren't a few apples left than shoot me

Daniel Schwaner Daniel Schwaner • 22 minutes ago
oh and full disclosure, I'm holding my bernie shares until this settles

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Aliquid posted:

Daniel Schwaner • 26 minutes ago
if we all can't agree that the UNKNOWN number of outstanding provisional military and absentee ballots are going to be the end all be all of this market than you are delusional. and lets reiterate hillary has a 1500 vote lead.. 1500 out of 600K+.. thats like saying there are 400 apples.. 600,000 divided by 1500 :). she has 1 extra apple... if there aren't a few apples left than shoot me

It's not only easy to take these peoples' money, it is moral & imperative.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Hooooly poo poo, Clinton trading at 12% to win Washington. I don't know what news people are overreacting to, but demographics alone make that district a slam-dunk for her. I've loaded up on Yes shares.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Narciss posted:

Hooooly poo poo, Clinton trading at 12% to win Washington. I don't know what news people are overreacting to, but demographics alone make that district a slam-dunk for her. I've loaded up on Yes shares.

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Narciss posted:

lmao

I do have some Bernie NOs but it's because they're stupid-cheap and the market will narrow on election day. Otherwise, no.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Narciss posted:

the calls... THEYRE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the calls... THEYRE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE

I'm not sure about that one, but I'm all-in for Bernie to win the District of Oregon.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

C7ty1 posted:

I don't think anyone is saying Trump will lose AZ - but essentially 90 - 10? No way. Especially not with 30% undecided. I can't see Cruz dropping much further, but a new poll could help boost Cruz in the market. (And then always the madness of actual primary day.)
Someone said it a few days ago, if not only SuperPACs but the Cruz campaign are dumping money into winner-take-all AZ, 90/10 is overvalued for Trump.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GWBBQ posted:

Someone said it a few days ago, if not only SuperPACs but the Cruz campaign are dumping money into winner-take-all AZ, 90/10 is overvalued for Trump.

Ehh. I rethought my position a bit. With early voting and the protests? I don't know. I agree that this shouldn't be 90-10, not at all. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see it drop a few cents further on day of. Early returns that night seem like they would favor Trump, with early votes. If you're gonna jump in, I might suggest buying then and maybe waiting out a potential (keyword!) swing. Do we know what counties Cruz might do best in?

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Is Arizona open or closed primary? If it's open, it would be interesting to see if a lot of anti-Trump crossover votes end up hurting Bernie's chances there, as those kind of wild-swing independents are more his demo than Hill-dawg's.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
It's closed.

Also early votes are included in the count immediately upon polls closing. So this Cruz spike may not happen unless we get an AZ poll tomorrow or Monday.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Peachstapler posted:

Also early votes are included in the count immediately upon polls closing.

This is why I'm not in the market. It could very well stay at 90/10 and after polls close immediately shoot to 98/2 and just stay there.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Peachstapler posted:

Also early votes are included in the count immediately upon polls closing.
Good point. Sold.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I'm out on all this bs until voting day. I don't know enough about any of these markets cause I'm from the Midwest and south so lol just gonna flip if I can.

I took a hit on some shares but I'm still up enough to make me happy.

Also lmao at MO. Hil won go away sanders

BigBobio
May 1, 2009
Right now Sanders YES in AZ (.09) is cheaper than Sanders YES in MO (.10)

This makes sense

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Missouri is the gift that keeps on giving. I can't really tell if they're mostly true believers, or fools playing one hell of a game of chicken.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

They can be both. Either way, they piss me off.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I feel like I haven't had any good place to put my money since Super Tuesday, my unallocated funds keep growing :(

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Why hasn't the Trump debate in Utah market closed yet? Not only has he said he's not going the whole thing got canceled because he and Kasich weren't showing up.

Baconomics
Feb 6, 2012

Gyges posted:

Why hasn't the Trump debate in Utah market closed yet? Not only has he said he's not going the whole thing got canceled because he and Kasich weren't showing up.

Rules posted:

Donald Trump shall participate in an RNC-sanctioned presidential debate in Salt Lake City, Utah, on March 21, 2016. Should no portion of any such debate be held on that date, this Market will resolve as no.

Trading in this market will conclude at 9:00 p.m. (ET) on March 21, 2016.

I guess it's technically possible they could suddenly reschedule it lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GfI8HMzqc7ChwTycD7zbVWWoG95AodIrtALjSzV6HW0/edit#gid=837971065

Included Dem AZ and WA that are upcoming.

This sheet is starting to get super sluggish due to how many sheets I'm updating with graphs and poo poo, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Why is Sanders so high in Utah? is that based on anything?

• Locked thread