Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That slot's taken by the Cutting Beam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Bloodly posted:

That slot's taken by the Cutting Beam.

This guy knows what's up.

I'll do an eighth beam when they drop the T6 Keldon with it's 5/4 weapon layout.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

You aren't truly rich until you have the full set. It doesn't matter if it's in your build or not.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You aren't truly rich until you have eight gold.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

MikeJF posted:

You aren't truly rich until you have eight gold.

Since that is exactly what we're talking about here, yeah, I think Tech might be aware.

I might, he might not be. It is Tech. But that chance is slim.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think I have 4 sets of gold tactical consoles. Part of that was changing from phasers to AP after a meta change, part was from going all-in photon torps one build and lastly I made a duplicate set by mistake because I completely forgot I already owned a set on another ship I hadn't looked at in ages.

At least tactical consoles are relatively cheap to gold out so it was more funny when I realised than anything else.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

I think I have 4 sets of gold tactical consoles. Part of that was changing from phasers to AP after a meta change, part was from going all-in photon torps one build and lastly I made a duplicate set by mistake because I completely forgot I already owned a set on another ship I hadn't looked at in ages.

At least tactical consoles are relatively cheap to gold out so it was more funny when I realised than anything else.

I accidentally got one of my spire consoles to gold last night. On the other hand, I took a type 1 phaser from mk 2 to mk 14 and it stayed green.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
More i.q fleet stuff

http://youtu.be/1cYmHyAXe_o

Looks like an early version of the omega mini game, or a mini game that was repurposed into the omega one

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah that's clearly just a rough mockup without finished art really.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I do like the ability to bind buttons to the lanes.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Free NX class at http://www.gameitems.com/get-your-star-trek-online-anniversary-giveaway-german-servers-1039.html, if anyone wants one.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

I got a free one way back in the day and kind of like it at least for flying around

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Not a bad little Admiralty ship either for lower term missions

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Grab one so that you can grapple big ships from a shuttle.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
We should do an NX-only Breach before the event ends

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

SKY COQ posted:

We should do an NX-only Breach before the event ends

You should pug a Breach in an NX. If anyone talks poo poo, remind them that A. you're flying the pride of starfleet, and B. talk poo poo, get hit.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Technical Analysis posted:

You should pug a Breach in an NX. If anyone talks poo poo, remind them that A. you're flying the pride of starfleet, and B. talk poo poo, get hit.

Funnily enough that's the first thing I did with it, pugged advanced. Hit plasma jets, die in a single hit. Anything bigger than a frigate looks your way, pop.

It was glorious.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Back when Breach was still in normal rotation, I went Elite with a screechbeam Connie. The pubbies weren't happy, even though I kept insisting that Scotty was getting me more power any minute.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Other options are to roll with the Miranda quoting Moby Dick the entire way, and running with the T1 steam runner claiming you're in a T5-U model, and the game is bugged.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Just ran the breach in a turret tuffli. Two players quit halfway, Tuffli is maneuverable as hell but poor speed, Turret Tuffli is the Terror of the Terrible Breach.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not sure when, but at some point a few months ago the Tuffli got bugged to have like 60 base turn instead of 6. It's kind of hilarious, if you throw a bunch of RCS consoles on you can spin in circles while traveling in a straight line. I'm not sure if it's related to this bug but the engine trails are messed up too, and are like off to the side of the ship in empty space.

Nobody at Cryptic will ever notice, care about, or fix this.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

I'm not sure when, but at some point a few months ago the Tuffli got bugged to have like 60 base turn instead of 6. It's kind of hilarious, if you throw a bunch of RCS consoles on you can spin in circles while traveling in a straight line. I'm not sure if it's related to this bug but the engine trails are messed up too, and are like off to the side of the ship in empty space.

Nobody at Cryptic will ever notice, care about, or fix this.

The ship named after a former dev that nobody who still works at cryptic remotely gives a poo poo about basically.

"The Tuffli? Sounds like a skin condition."

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Buschmaki, your latest applicant - the one looking for a free Tholian Tarantula after joining - finished the form:

Please do the needful.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Minecraft is for cats?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Holy poo poo those specs what is it with pubbies playing this game on graphic calculators?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Holy poo poo those specs what is it with pubbies playing this game on graphic calculators?

I remember a couple years ago a pubbie swearing black and blue that his single core Pentium 4 was still good and amazing for STO.

Why no, I never did get any information regarding resolution or frame rate out of them. They were upset about me calling their computer "ghetto junkyard" and I found myself blocked when I asked.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

DancingShade posted:

I remember a couple years ago a pubbie swearing black and blue that his single core Pentium 4 was still good and amazing for STO.

Why no, I never did get any information regarding resolution or frame rate out of them. They were upset about me calling their computer "ghetto junkyard" and I found myself blocked when I asked.

Was that OldKhemaraa? I remember he posted specs to his computer awhile ago in a thread complaining about lag, and I honestly couldn't understand how he got the game to load on his machine.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

pubbies.txt posted:

[8:48] Kehla@aystra: so kira, seven, troy, tpol
[8:48] Kehla@aystra: thats a team
[8:48] Solok@kryptikkomatose: what u guys talking about?
[8:48] Rick Hunter@eslavac: female boffs xD
[8:48] Kehla@aystra: i am going to make an away team of those characters
[8:49] Kehla@aystra: and best female sto characters for looks

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

DonDoodles posted:

Was that OldKhemaraa? I remember he posted specs to his computer awhile ago in a thread complaining about lag, and I honestly couldn't understand how he got the game to load on his machine.

Quoting to confirm, that was the one. He was the first (that I saw) to be proud of "being able" to run STO on his shitmachine in comparison to the evil dentals and our mostly bog-standard hardware.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Morglon posted:

Best part is he isn't even using a dedicated GPU. The R5 Graphics are the A8's GPU component. I bet that thing keeps him warm at night. I've run this game on an APU before, and it choked on anything not in a social zone.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think this may have been one of the few games I played on integrated graphics when my GPU died a few years back, ran surprisingly OK.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Veotax posted:

I think this may have been one of the few games I played on integrated graphics when my GPU died a few years back, ran surprisingly OK.

I'm running on Intel HD 4000 on a Mac Mini and that's how I'd characterise it, yeah. Mid-range graphics settings at 1080.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

STO is a... six? seven? year old game that was hardly state of the art when it was released, most modern integrated graphics stuff should run it just fine.

Which makes it all the more hilarious when you see pubs whine about the game running poorly and you have to try and envision the sort of toaster they're trying to run it on.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And you could probably max-spec this baby on an integrated iris. But still.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 20, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's also a game that ran like poo poo when it came out, even on good hardware back then.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Morglon posted:

It's also a game that ran like poo poo when it came out, even on good hardware back then.

Yeah this is the counterpoint; elements of it are as unoptimised as hell. Remember when the undine zone came out and even the best graphic cards would chug on the field FX?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mind you that's because the devs were so rushed and incompetent that you had poo poo like the UI refreshing sixty times per second or something insane so the game ran like poo poo on any system. The actual 3D stuff in STO isn't exactly intensive despite this.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Asimo posted:

Mind you that's because the devs were so rushed and incompetent that you had poo poo like the UI refreshing sixty times per second or something insane so the game ran like poo poo on any system. The actual 3D stuff in STO isn't exactly intensive despite this.

This was always the most hilarious bit to me. Suffering from lovely frame rate? Turn off the UI and see how good it looks then.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Asimo posted:

The actual 3D stuff in STO isn't exactly intensive despite this.

With a few exceptions, again mainly dev incompetence. Mainly involving particle effects. There's a few spots where the particle effects get intense as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I miss the kemocite/quantum torp spread 3 combo's visual spectacle.

• Locked thread