Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

I think the mystery and solution is ultimately satisfying.

I'm not saying that by being tame it would be unsatisfying. The opposite in fact.

Umineko Meta Speculation

Maybe Beatrice and Sayo are the same because they share a voice actress. They both have the eagle on their legs too :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This is now canon.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I can't believe Droyer's mom would kill all those people.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I can't believe Droyer's mom would kill all those people.

Without love it cannot be seen

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

I'm not saying that by being tame it would be unsatisfying. The opposite in fact.

Umineko Meta Speculation

Maybe Beatrice and Sayo are the same because they share a voice actress. They both have the eagle on their legs too :aaa:

orv...

Consider the meaning of the love trial. Why was it necessary?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Droyer posted:

orv...

I don't wanna

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

I don't wanna

orv...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Droyer posted:

orv...

littleorv posted:

I don't wanna

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I fell asleep on my book, then I woke up and watched a Sailor Cousin reminisce about kissing Brad. I'm going to giggle myself back to sleep now.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

a kitten posted:

I fell asleep on my book, then I woke up and watched a Sailor Cousin reminisce about kissing Brad. I'm going to giggle myself back to sleep now.

he was the cutest guy in the school....

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Troposphere posted:

he was the cutest guy in the school....

I imagine he would be, he looks exactly like her cousin!

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
oh poo poo i am in the wrong thread

Skwee fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 20, 2016

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I can't believe I missed Thirty Years' War chat.

I'm reading Europe's Tragedy: A History of the Thirty Years' War. Basically, it may not be the bloodiest or longest war in history, but in terms of international clusters, this war is still the king. It's just hard to imagine such a large-scale conflict going on for thirty years. If you're someone alive in Europe at the time and hearing about this thing, you gotta wonder "Dear god when is this thing gonna end?"

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

that's not Iowa

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

that's it, im going to post an astolfo a day now!!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Morning chat thread! What did I miss while I was binging the final episodes of Agent Carter and Ladybug?

Repost, but still great:

Also this week's Ladybug involved a book with ancient depictions of the original superheroes:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://d2.maxfile.ro/uzaopnlysw.webm

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wait no I just realized... I have the origin episodes of Ladybug to go! Two more episodes... later, when I wake up. I didn't sleep last night so I probably should now. G'night, chat thread!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Senerio posted:

Also this week's Ladybug involved a book with ancient depictions of the original superheroes:

These are neat

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv44gh2OnxM

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

oh my god lol

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
This is from literally a thousand posts ago but it is important.

Motto posted:

persona fans get really incredibly worked up over the P3P FeMC not being real because she's not in the bad EO spinoff and the fighting game uses male pronouns in ref to the P3 MC

She's canon in our hearts, which is the only place it matters.

She's also about a million times better than the boring garbage MC.

Troposphere posted:

the p3p femc was the best

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will defend the male P3 protagonist and his troll personality in the movies and PQ.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's cool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

He's okay in the films because he doesn't get the chance to be a boring garbage idiot for 60 hours.

I know he's more ~thematically appropriate~ but gently caress that, he's bad and not fun, unlike FeMC, who is fun and owns and isn't a lovely enabler (except with Hidetoshi for some reason).

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fun dialogue voices aside, it's always weird to me how people paint these huge gulfs between Megaten silent protagonists. They all play basically the same role in the plot, while providing only the barest glimpses of character.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Fun dialogue voices aside, it's always weird to me how people paint these huge gulfs between Megaten silent protagonists. They all play basically the same role in the plot, while providing only the barest glimpses of character.

That's not really true, though? There's quite a lot of characterisation differences in both the social links you get to go through and the potential responses you're offered. P3MC and FeMC are completely different characters (he's a sullen, mopey idiot, she's a hyperactive try-hard).

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Mar 20, 2016

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno, man. I guess I just have trouble seeing too big a difference when their core actions in the plot are exactly the same, which yeah is kinda tied by writing constraints. Different flavored of self-sacrificial hero.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Oh my god I didn't know that they picked back up on translating the Persona 1 manga. I always wanted to read it but they only had 3-4 chapters done at the time

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Jun doesn't deserve Tomo. Well, bye

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

DoubleDonut posted:

Jun doesn't deserve Tomo. Well, bye

What about Tomo, huh? Doesn't she deserve to get what she wants?

ya'll never think about tomo

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
The best patrol music. What kind of criminal WOULDN'T stop criming after that?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It's terrifying.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Like I'm sure even batman would have a heart attack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jarogue posted:

Oh my god I didn't know that they picked back up on translating the Persona 1 manga. I always wanted to read it but they only had 3-4 chapters done at the time

Did CLAMP write that?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Majestic prince, yeah

Motto fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 20, 2016

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Nohrian and Hoshidan dinner sure was surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MJP!
MJP!
Everywhere, everywhere MJP!

• Locked thread