Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
How much of a tourist trap is Nami Island/Petite France?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shadowhand00 posted:

How much of a tourist trap is Nami Island/Petite France?

Nami Island is fine, Petite France is garbage.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
Does anyone have a dash cam here? Are there any that wouldn't be accepted as proof of an rear end in a top hat loving around? Going to need to start driving for work and don't need any asshattery in my life.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
I have a question I would like you to ask your students.

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

윙윙, I believe. Kinda like "wing-wing."

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

I always think of it like a chainsaw 브즈즈즈. Though my kids could never tell me.
That joke may or may not be racist.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Who was/is the rugby playing Korea goon? And are you in Manila now?

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I'm on LG Powercomm and they throttle torrent traffic to basically nothing. Is there any way around this?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

joedevola posted:

I'm on LG Powercomm and they throttle torrent traffic to basically nothing. Is there any way around this?
You can try using VPN but almost all VPN services frown on customers using VPN for torrent. Also I am sure LG throttles connection during evening time and not just torrents, as I also use LG but I can't even play Rocket League without teleporting around while one of my family's watching something on Youtube during evenings :stare:

e: It could also be that your apartment connection is bottlenecked by many families using LG during certain hours. In that case there's nothing you can do.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 20, 2016

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

Jesus. Korea internet is best internet!*

*unless you want to look at some titties. Or download any TV shows. Or do anything fun at all.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

LimburgLimbo posted:

Who was/is the rugby playing Korea goon? And are you in Manila now?

Yeah was there. gently caress it was hot.

e: Were you there with the Gaijin?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

joedevola posted:

Jesus. Korea internet is best internet!*

Or download any TV shows

This has never been an issue for me.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

The Bible posted:

This has never been an issue for me.

I love this. Do you go on medical forums too and leave irrelevant replies about how you've never found a lump in your balls?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Sorry for your lovely ISP which is not really a Korea specific problem? Also I torrent over VPN and have never had any issues with my VPN provider (hostvpn, which is owned by an SA goon).

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, even with VPN my connection here is better than it was with any of the options I went through back in the US.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
And you've been here long enough to know to avoid LG anything.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I used to have serious YouTube slowdown around 7pm every day, but if I used VPN it was fine. There's some throttling going on.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

joedevola posted:

I love this. Do you go on medical forums too and leave irrelevant replies about how you've never found a lump in your balls?

How is this irrelevant?

The implication was that it is very difficult to download TV shows on Korean internet. I use Korean internet and have used it for 7 years now and have not seen this to be a fact.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

nullscan posted:

I used to have serious YouTube slowdown around 7pm every day, but if I used VPN it was fine. There's some throttling going on.
They intentionally throttle YouTube from what I hear. I've had other Koreans complain about YouTube being slow rear end during evenings. They use KT and LG.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Yeah was there. gently caress it was hot.

e: Were you there with the Gaijin?

Was indeed! A rather disappointing year for us.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

You're telling me; I was the one KTFO during the last game on Sunday

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
My friend downloads like every day and never has had a problem ever. My friend regularly gets like 7-10mb/sec DL speeds too! That friend uses KT for internet though. So maybe you're just poo poo with the internet?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

My friend downloads like every day and never has had a problem ever. My friend regularly gets like 7-10mb/sec DL speeds too! That friend uses KT for internet though. So maybe you're just poo poo with the internet?
YOU'RE poo poo! tbh KT > LG >>>>>> SKB

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Aesis posted:

YOU'RE poo poo! tbh KT > LG >>>>>> SKB
*eat a spoonful of gokujang and unsheaths katana*

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Could you repeat that one more time?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

*eat a spoonful of gokujang and unsheaths katana*

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Could you repeat that one more time?
i fooking wreck u mate, i swear to me mum!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Aesis posted:

i fooking wreck u mate, i swear to me mum!

Say it to my face, fucker, and not online

see what happens

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Come to the MOJO&SADY cafe at 22-1, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul if you want an asskicking

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Come to the MOJO&SADY cafe at 22-1, Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul if you want an asskicking

Don't you mean Mozo & Sahdee cafe at 22-1 Jungdahm-dong, Kanknahm-ku, Seoul

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

DontAskKant posted:

Don't you mean Mozo & Sahdee cafe at 22-1 Jungdahm-dong, Kanknahm-ku, Seoul

If you want an asskicking

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I'm there right now.

You didn't show, pussy.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

AmbientParadox posted:

Say it to my face, fucker, and not online

see what happens
Whoa chill, big guy!

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Hi, I have a question that isn't really a Korea question (really it's an American question.) but I figured people here may have some similar experiences and be able to help.

The girlfriend (yes it's Peach) and I are taking an extended vacation in the US. Back to my home state to meet/stay with my family, show her around Michigan and I have an important wedding. I guess none of that matters.

From what little I can tell of American immigration law, she can stay for 90 days on a tourist visa (or whatever). Is there any way for her to stay longer than 90 days without us getting married? I'm guessing visa runs to Canada don't work. Her becoming a student seems like a very expensive and pointless way to just stay in America for a few extra months. I can't think of anything else.

Is there anything? Any other visas that are practical or other things that will allow my girlfriend to stay in America longer than 90 days?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
I'm not an expert, but it looks like a B2 visa may be what you want

Excuse the thai stuff, but it gives some info on a case similar to yours and to what the B2 is.
http://www.thailand-lawyer.com/us-visa-immigration/a-us-tourist-visa-for-thai-girlfriend.html

Broad information
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visitor.html

Specific information
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/VisaFlyer_B1B2%20March%202015.pdf

Good luck!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

BrainDance posted:

Hi, I have a question that isn't really a Korea question (really it's an American question.) but I figured people here may have some similar experiences and be able to help.

The girlfriend (yes it's Peach) and I are taking an extended vacation in the US. Back to my home state to meet/stay with my family, show her around Michigan and I have an important wedding. I guess none of that matters.

From what little I can tell of American immigration law, she can stay for 90 days on a tourist visa (or whatever). Is there any way for her to stay longer than 90 days without us getting married? I'm guessing visa runs to Canada don't work. Her becoming a student seems like a very expensive and pointless way to just stay in America for a few extra months. I can't think of anything else.

Is there anything? Any other visas that are practical or other things that will allow my girlfriend to stay in America longer than 90 days?

If you're going to Michigan, can't you guys just go to Toronto for a weekend or something and then come back? Not sarcastic.

superm0nk
Jun 26, 2003

bringmyfishback posted:

If you're going to Michigan, can't you guys just go to Toronto for a weekend or something and then come back? Not sarcastic.

US Embassy posted:

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/visa_waiver_prog.html

Under the VWP, time spent in Canada, Mexico, and adjacent islands counts towards the maximum of 90 days stay allowed under the program.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Is she bringing her child?

Chimie
Nov 22, 2013
Nope. You got 90 days.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Just apply for a B-2 visa. Extend it if needed.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Getting Botox based on a webmd search because it's cheaper than going to a consultation at a dentist hoping they're the right person to talk to. Why can't we just have general practice doctors. The medical information line told me they don't do English service anymore and that I should call 1345 (Immigration). That last part is definitely a microaggression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPM
Jan 7, 2009
I'm planning to come to Korea on my own for a holiday at the end of October and I've found a decent flight from London to Seoul on the 29th Oct to 11th Nov.

The weather should still be decent enough to go hike up a few of the mountains listed in the op and go around Juju island? No national holidays around that time I would want to avoid? I think it should be alright from my googling but I just want to check.