Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016

FranktheBank posted:

Why did HoMO get banned? I wish to see this salt.

Your forum account was suspended for three (3) days for posting an insulting response. The response in question is the following "We made one for giveaways and people actually care about those topics, vs. this cess pool of costume threads that no one cares about."

The forum account suspension will reman as you have been warned previously for this same reason.

Regards,

Marvel Heroes Appeals Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

J3, I got it. Just wanted to say thank you for participating and more importantly, for the friendship. I'm really happy you're here with the goons man. You're an awesome guy. Happy we stole hmyo too!

While I do have a very gay love for punchy, this is an awesome round with two brobros I think are cool and have done some awesome work in the tourney.

While I don't have punchys video yet, I know both of you will bring the best out. May the best man win! Somebody is getting some big winnings either way.

This is always toughest when the tourney ends because it's so fun to put on. Good luck guys!!

Just like in real life, I'm only good for riding J3's coat tails. That's why I still haven't achieved much i guess :/

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HoldMyOwn posted:

Just like in real life, I'm only good for riding J3's coat tails. That's why I still haven't achieved much i guess :/

Maybe you can become FAT PSYLOCKE and find your place in this world. And lol at your probation for calling out Comixfan for his incessant spam when it was the cold hard truth.

Thank you for doing the Lord's work. All you need now is to create a costume suggestion thread for some character he hasn't done or just do his and "improve on it".

Don't actually do this. :D

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am looking for 4 Nick Fury shirts that drop in game and that you, YES YOU, are probably sitting on. I'll give a trifecta for them.

Get at me in game bro. The name: Raconlove Penelope Cage III aka me. Duh. Icker.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am looking for 4 Nick Fury shirts that drop in game and that you, YES YOU, are probably sitting on. I'll give a trifecta for them.

Get at me in game bro. The name: Raconlove Penelope Cage III aka me. Duh. Icker.

You got a M'kraan in there? This racon picked a shirt up while digging through the trash, and it always looking for upgrades.

Rockbear
Sep 11, 2001

Milady, 'tis the clobbering hour.
Carl chuckled and swirled the wine in his glass. "How can I explain to you?", he mused.

"In ancient past, gods, while powerful, were much closer in behavior and motivation to everyday man. They were essentially super powered humans dealing with human problems and supernatural problems simultaneously."

"In modern times, this lives on in the form of comic books about super heroes. This explains the current popularity of comic book movies: it harkens back to an older form of story telling that clearly must appeal to human beings on a basic level."

"That makes sense, I guess," Melissa said, scanning the party for her vanished friends.

"Of course, even Greek gods had iconic outfits. Hermes had his wings after all." Carl nodded. "So do our modern superheroes have their iconic outfits. But over time, those outfits change." He chuckled again. "A-a-after all, they're not, they're not funny pages characters, they change their clothes."

"Mhmmm." Melissa edged away slowly.

Carl inched closer and leaned forward, his voice growing eager. "Now it's only natural that as we love to hear about comic book characters, we also love to pretend to be them. Which brings us to modern video games, such as my personal favorite, marvel heroes."

"But even the developers of such a game can't be expected to know the full history of such an expansive canon as the marvel universe. They need the help of special persons. Exceptional persons."

"That's great," Melissa said, trying to mask her growing panic.

"As you may have guessed," Carl said, standing tall, his chest puffed, "I am such a person. I am the gatekeeper and guardian of superhero fashion for the marvel heroes development team. Without me, they would be lost."

"It's been really great taking to you, Charles, but I see a friend over there I haven't talked to in a while." Melissa patted his arm with all the platonic disinterest she could muster and then fled into the party crowd.

"Bitch, better not come to the forums with that attitude, you'll catch a ban," Carl mused aloud to no one. "I am a gatekeeper. gently caress yeah."

Rockbear fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 20, 2016

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
show me one panel where Carl and Melissa were at the same party

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

That is a true story about Brett "Carl" J and these very forums.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Behemian from O actually posted this. Genius. Anyone else got Elektra Nacho images?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rofl at those pics. HAHAHAHA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Thank you for doing the Lord's work. All you need now is to create a costume suggestion thread for some character he hasn't done or just do his and "improve on it".

Don't actually do this. :D
I already actually did this.

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/268717/next-heroes-costume-suggestions-demolition-man

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I have a couple of shirts spare somewhere.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I'm far, far too lazy to actually gear out my daredevil to take advantage of it, but if a more autistic goon wanted, there is a bug with Drawn Out Brawl and Street Sweeper that causes the latter to make Tornado Kick available regardless of combo point usage. So you can literally just alternate between Street Sweeper and Tornado Kick until you run out of stamina, then hit your basic or sig and continue. It's fun on a bun.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Darke GBF posted:

I'm far, far too lazy to actually gear out my daredevil to take advantage of it, but if a more autistic goon wanted, there is a bug with Drawn Out Brawl and Street Sweeper that causes the latter to make Tornado Kick available regardless of combo point usage. So you can literally just alternate between Street Sweeper and Tornado Kick until you run out of stamina, then hit your basic or sig and continue. It's fun on a bun.

It's not just drawn out brawl, happens in combo fighter as well

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

And then got completely owned by Comixfan as he said it was a great idea, provided a few suggestions of his own, then added it to his database of Costume Threads giving you full credit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Weird question and this is going to require you to actually play everybody's favorite Colon Cleanser, Colossus.

He has one ranged skill in Fastball Special. And knowing Mr Gaz tags, I am wondering if the Wolferine hits are tagged ranged and if they benefit Colossus at all?

While I doubt it, I wonder if anybody has tested it before? Because it could open him up to some major damage increases if so. Anybody know?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Weird question and this is going to require you to actually play everybody's favorite Colon Cleanser, Colossus.

He has one ranged skill in Fastball Special. And knowing Mr Gaz tags, I am wondering if the Wolferine hits are tagged ranged and if they benefit Colossus at all?

While I doubt it, I wonder if anybody has tested it before? Because it could open him up to some major damage increases if so. Anybody know?
A very quick test in the training room suggests that Wolverine's getting flung counts as a ranged attack, but his subsequent attacks don't.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Jedit posted:

And then got completely owned by Comixfan as he said it was a great idea, provided a few suggestions of his own, then added it to his database of Costume Threads giving you full credit.

He hired a pr manager is my absolute best guess

Do you remember his meltdown on the taskmaster one, holy poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

A very quick test in the training room suggests that Wolverine's getting flung counts as a ranged attack, but his subsequent attacks don't.

Thanks a bunch.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Anybody have a spare vibranium 25/2 kicking around that they'd trade? Can swap you a mkraan or adamantium for it

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I might. If so you can just have it.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
I'll hit you up later tonight probably, need that spirit for hawkguy

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I'll hit you up later tonight probably, need that spirit for hawkguy

known_hawkguy_players.txt

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

spazzhole posted:

Jon Bernthal with downs syndrome

Channing Tatum with a thick glaze

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jedit posted:

You say owned, I say successfully stole a costume thread and carpet-bombed disagrees without getting banned.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

*I sit up rapidly, suddenly remembering that I left my souvenir Eric Harris figurine in the microwave*

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Punisher's War Journal: gently caress you, ICR. Never cosmic.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cosmic always. Grats!

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016
Hey thread, new scrub again.

Following the advice in guild chat (after discussing the merits of ketchup on hot dogs) I now have 4 characters at 60 thanks to the magic of 200% XP weekends. Where do I go from here to start on the march to the endgame? If it matters I have one other character that I'm leveling to 60, but I'm still short of Splinters for the next one so I'd like to know if I should throw money at more characters or if I should save it for stash space in order to feed my horrible hoarding tendencies.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

Hey thread, new scrub again.

Following the advice in guild chat (after discussing the merits of ketchup on hot dogs) I now have 4 characters at 60 thanks to the magic of 200% XP weekends. Where do I go from here to start on the march to the endgame? If it matters I have one other character that I'm leveling to 60, but I'm still short of Splinters for the next one so I'd like to know if I should throw money at more characters or if I should save it for stash space in order to feed my horrible hoarding tendencies.

Can somebody gift this guy some 200 splinter heroes?

Welcome to the game.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
This thread has broken my brain. Clicked on this thread expecting it to be about this game.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Bagarthach posted:

This thread has broken my brain. Clicked on this thread expecting it to be about this game.

To be fair, I would have thought the exact same thing.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Haha, Ranfteron shaves a lot off the dummy before starting his ttk videos. The healthbar should go to the end of the 2nd "m" in dummy but I just watched his Black Cat video and he starts with the bar well left of that.

Edit: All of his videos are the same in this regard too. You can also see the extra dark black patch at the end of the healthbar that's missing health. Nonetheless, his builds are still mostly solid with very few questionable omega choices...unlike mikwuyma and some others.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 21, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Lozareth posted:

Haha, Ranfteron shaves a lot off the dummy before starting his ttk videos. The healthbar should go to the end of the 2nd "m" in dummy but I just watched his Black Cat video and he starts with the bar well left of that.

#DummyGate

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Well who's got the time to kill a whole dummy?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

guess why i was specifically looking for that :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I logged in last night to play and lux and prel were also on. Was very confusing.

• Locked thread