Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Sacro posted:

Falconer was garbage in cbt2 but they got buffed quite a bit and are usable. However if you go 2 circles into falconer you'll pass up musketeer or cannoneer, both of which are overpowered right now.

Cool, I planned on getting musketeer because it seemed more valuable than getting one extra attack. Now for the real question, will I always have access to the falcon clothing set? Or will I lose the option to wear it once I get musketeer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

You keep any outfits you get iirc

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

strong bird posted:

You keep any outfits you get iirc

Yes.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Sell me on buying into the game now.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
its cute as gently caress

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Silento posted:

Oops. Updated the header for now, new OP is done for now and will be posted closer to launch. Any ideas for thread titles?

Also, icbt2 accepted anyone who applied by a certain date! C'mon man!
Tree of Savor: Over 80 Flavors.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

tree of savior: minmax your cuteness

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if I wanted to play a Swordsman based character that runs with a couple of support classes (mage and cleric of some sort idk???) all the time what should i make to be super good + efficient +cute&cool

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm thinking of going with a Hunter/Falconer build, as I really like the idea of having two pets out.

How does this build look?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311222ee.354a5a65.1f293f4581.11214a5a6385

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 20, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

if I wanted to play a Swordsman based character that runs with a couple of support classes (mage and cleric of some sort idk???) all the time what should i make to be super good + efficient +cute&cool

Everyone has told me how good barbarian is

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

MotU posted:

Hey bud, here's my builds you can use them as a starting point.

Fencer rapier + dagger, cute rank: 1
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112666ee.25344551.152535.719faabf.2a394a61

Doppelsoeldner 2h sword, cute rank: 2
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11266699.24354551.152535.719faabf.1a5a6575

Dragoon 2h spear, cute rank: 3, but can ride a hamster if we get those at some point
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134477f.24354551.152535.1a2a3a.2a3a4a.253545

Sophism posted:

I'm thinking of going with a Hunter/Falconer build, as I really like the idea of having two pets out.

How does this build look?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311222ee.354a5a65.1f293f4581.11214a5a6385

I don't know if you can have 2 pets out I haven't seen it before.

More builds I was thinking of, but keep in mind pretty much anything will work so do what you want. Though I'd advise avoiding Rodelero, Oracle, Pardoner, Alchemist, or Squire unless you know what you're getting into.

Musketeer, the most generic shootman I can come up with
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#31444bbg.154551.1f4f6575.253a4a55.152535

Chaplain/Druid, int based, autoattacks hit hard, lots of healing and a large nuke from druid.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41222c55.153545.1f3a559aa5.152545.112a31455568

Tentative Warlock, pyromancer/linker and elementalist 3, together with a chaplain autoattacks get crazy. Frost cloud is a workhorse. Warlock might not actually be good.
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2127bbbf.153555.153575.253545.3f517a85.15

Also we have a steam group going, get on discord or post steam name here if you care to join.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 20, 2016

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
My Steam ID is Moemura, go ahead and add me!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Sacro posted:

I don't know if you can have 2 pets out I haven't seen it before.

You can apparently. Since the Hunter pet is a 'companion' and the Falconer pet is a 'summoned unit' or something.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Sacro thank you for the build suggestions you are still the best~*~

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Musketeer looks really fashionable. Argh.

rissyzor
Apr 30, 2007

:3 !!
Add me to the Steam group, Sacro. Under the name Auxilium. :3:

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
So they pushed early access to after the Easter holiday? loving hell. That stinks.

Funkatron5000
Apr 23, 2014
Does anyone have any experience using an Xbox One game pad playing ToS, if so what are your thoughts?

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Controller works well, possibly preferable to mouse and keyboard in some cases.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
Tree of Savior: The #1 Selling Game in Brazil

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

auzuguwu posted:

good, all our friends will be there on march 29th!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo I'm currently thinking up my own builds and I wanted to ask you people who played in the betas, is the corsair ability to open chests actually worth a drat? I plan on going corsair regardless for sweet dual wielding but idk if it's worth sinking points into chest opening or if people will expect me to have done so.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo I'm currently thinking up my own builds and I wanted to ask you people who played in the betas, is the corsair ability to open chests actually worth a drat? I plan on going corsair regardless for sweet dual wielding but idk if it's worth sinking points into chest opening or if people will expect me to have done so.

No. Especially not now that all or almost all chests give collections rather than rare hats or recipes!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Is this worth buying in for 10 bux or should I just wait for the f2p? Is the game fun or just grindy as gently caress?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I mentioned this yesterday in Discord, but I might take Sacro's r6 Fencer build and make it a Templar if I have fun with Swordsman as a base class. I want a Fencer really bad for fashion. No promises though since I am going to make one of each base class at the very least. :v:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21227699.1123354551.1a35557a.11243545.157585.11253a43618595 Discord helped me put this together too. I need all the pets.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

auzuguwu posted:

I can confirm that everyone is going to play ToS. It's the first game I see unite everyone in this country since... well, Ragnarok Online.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Elentor posted:

I can confirm that everyone is going to play ToS. It's the first game I see unite everyone in this country since... well, Ragnarok Online.

we will build the north american wall, they will block mexico fromt he south. insha'trump

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

:allears: I am digging the influences on the armor from their namesake origins.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ulvirich posted:

:allears: I am digging the influences on the armor from their namesake origins.

yah like dragoon

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I tried to play this game last night after installing through steam, the server select box had no servers in it and the enter game button did nothing- anyone else experience this?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

crew posted:

I tried to play this game last night after installing through steam, the server select box had no servers in it and the enter game button did nothing- anyone else experience this?

steam posted:

did you find this review helpful?
:yeah:

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
In at $50 see you nerds in a week

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Silhouette Wires posted:

In at $50 see you nerds in a week

join us in discord now and theorycraft builds you wont use because something shinier will catch your eye on the 29th

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

yah like dragoon

Nah, not that one. Take the doppelsöldner armor and weapon for example. Means "double pay mercenary" which is a type of Landsknecht, a German mercenary. These were paid extra for more dangerous work that they were assigned to, one of which were Landsknechts who wielded zweihänder (lit. two handed) swords. They even got the poofy sleeves, and brightly colored wear one of those mercenaries would have. Only thing missing really is their outrageous feathered hats.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Elentor posted:

Do Brazilians like cute things?

What is it about RO, gunbound, and now tos that attracts huge numbers from your country?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ulvirich posted:

Nah, not that one. Take the doppelsöldner armor and weapon for example. Means "double pay mercenary" which is a type of Landsknecht, a German mercenary. These were paid extra for more dangerous work that they were assigned to, one of which were Landsknechts who wielded zweihänder (lit. two handed) swords. They even got the poofy sleeves, and brightly colored wear one of those mercenaries would have. Only thing missing really is their outrageous feathered hats.

I hope I can play with asperger man

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope I can play with asperger man

Are you the one for me then

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Gibbo posted:

Do Brazilians like cute things?

What is it about RO, gunbound, and now tos that attracts huge numbers from your country?

its free

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Does Dragoon serious not have a jump skill?

Trying to figure out what Swordsman class has the coolest attacks so I can build towards that, but I haven't found a clean video with all the higher rank classes yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Cataphract is pretty cool because you can stab someone and take them away to eat.

• Locked thread