Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMwKD-qR2U&t=203s

WTF are these and why did they suddenly appear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:drat:

He really laid it all out

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

I just need to accept that no matter how incompetent/stupid/malicious I think CIG might be, the truth is even worse. I thought I'd seen the bottom when I was reading a full page ad in the 90s that John Romero was about to make me his bitch, but it looks like Roberts found the bottom of the hole Ion Storm dug and decided the smart thing was to keep going deeper. But hey, even the studios that worked with him are terrible, judging by the star marine people making their own MMO following the same design path as star citizen.

I'm tempted to pick some game engine and teach myself how to make something with it, but I've already been beaten (by someone who might even be competent) to mocking CIG that way. Besides, according to the cultists any planning I do won't work because I don't know anything about game development, and game development is a magical topic where no proven methodologies for software design can be applied.

Actually, sounds a little like the "Everything must be AGILE" borderline cultists I've talked to or had to sit through presentations by.

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

AP posted:

The twenty second animation for finding your goggles in the glove box and putting them on isn't finished yet.

CellarDweller fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 20, 2016

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Tippis posted:

It's contextual, as all things. The sauna is a social institution with its own set of rules. Outside of that setting, it wouldn't really be considered (as) normal. You have similar social contexts for acceptable nudity in all (or at least most) Nordic countries.

Yeah, when I visited Iceland I was warned repeatedly that you're expected to strip and vigorously wash your entire body before going into the public pools, and moreover Icelanders often have to keep an eye on strangers in pool locker rooms because Americans et al will get embarrassed and try to sneak in without showering nudely, which is incredibly annoying.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

So how many square feet is this thing?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Vhadka posted:

I just need to accept that no matter how incompetent/stupid/malicious I think CIG might be, the truth is even worse. I thought I'd seen the bottom when I was reading a full page ad in the 90s that John Romero was about to make me his bitch, but it looks like Roberts found the bottom of the hole Ion Storm dug and decided the smart thing was to keep going deeper. But hey, even the studios that worked with him are terrible, judging by the star marine people making their own MMO following the same design path as star citizen.

I'm tempted to pick some game engine and teach myself how to make something with it, but I've already been beaten (by someone who might even be competent) to mocking CIG that way. Besides, according to the cultists any planning I do won't work because I don't know anything about game development, and game development is a magical topic where no proven methodologies for software design can be applied.

Actually, sounds a little like the "Everything must be AGILE" borderline cultists I've talked to or had to sit through presentations by.

You can make the Solar Amphibian FPS in Unity, then attempt to shoehorn it into Plebeian

It will work out just fine

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, it's themed. :)

Yeah, I know there is a blue and a red team. But the point of using bright colors is to make them pop. If everything is of a similar shade or brightness then they don't pop anymore.

Serious question: do you have an actual graphic designer on board? If not just hire one for a while and have him/her provide alternate designs. They can still be "blue as gently caress" but you'll most likely get something better.

Like, look at your doors, their frames have yellow lights because you want their outline to be immediately recognizable. You need more stuff like that.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

AP posted:

It's a Batgirl gimmick, to make it look like your playing the game through a batmask I think?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

I have no clue, but if anybody could screw up an armrest, it's Chris Roberts.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

quote:

Ooh, we fell right through the bottom.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

If it's 4m high, the total width seen is about 10.5m, according to PS' vanishing point filter. That would put it at ~450sqft (plus however far it extends off to the right).
Scale up per your own estimate of the height.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

This video perfectly represents star citizen, in that it's going to crash and burn.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol at that reddit thread claiming the exit interview thing is fake

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

It's ok, they're reconstituted so don't worry about it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

If it's 4m high, the total width seen is about 10.5m, according to PS' vanishing point filter. That would put it at ~450sqft (plus however far it extends off to the right).
Scale up per your own estimate of the height.

It's gonna be around ~2000 sqft since it is supposed to wrap around the four walls (I think Sandi said so?). A cool 20-30k (basically a coffee machine) for it would be my guess.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 20, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Google Butt posted:

This is the normal path of any negative comments about CIG/Star Citizen by a staffer that the Citizens take:

1) Claim it's fake
2) Claim it's Derek Smart's doing
3) Claim it's from someone who doesn't matter
4) Claim it's not really that bad like it appears
5) Claim it's ok because CIG will deliver the project regardless

This has been done like three or four times now without fail.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

This is the normal path of any negative comments about CIG/Star Citizen by a staffer that the Citizens take:

1) Claim it's fake
2) Claim it's Derek Smart's doing
3) Claim it's from someone who doesn't matter
4) Claim it's not really that bad like it appears
5) Claim it's ok because CIG will deliver the project regardless

This has been done like three or four HUNDRED times now without fail.

FTFY

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Like my new AV? :smuggo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

What did you do?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Falling through floors was a problem right from the very first kickstarter videos.

I think now we're starting to see inside Chris Crobbler's head- the goggles, the sniper rifle, the lack of visibility in whatever ship that was etc.

There's no question that he has built a situation where everyone is carrying through each idea and spec to the letter. Regardless of the technical issues, we are now able to see each idea becoming a real thing in the cold light of day.

Watching this unfold, it's becoming clearer that it's an incoherent cacophony of disharmonious elements with no backbone or structure or gameplay. It is a thing of horror with no saving grace whatsoever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Google Butt posted:

Just a reminder that Sandi herself verified Jennison's letter was authentic.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh really? I haven't kept up on the thread recently, that's cool.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Yes. I like it.

How are your racist views BTW?

Can you see the lesser races from where you are sitting?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Galarox posted:

Still waiting on the full dev spot. You have (collectively) got all but 4 of them now

e to add: SO far you have managed to spot Braben, Peterson, Romero & Molyneux still 5 to go (I think)if you include Toops - oops drat gave the game away!

=D

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

Oh really? I haven't kept up on the thread recently, that's cool.

You're in my latest piece of art. Keep up!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sabreseven posted:

Oh I agree, patch 2.2.2.3.3.3.4.5.6.7.3.2.2.43.54 will have walk in wardrobes and drinks fountains, that'll put E:D in it's place.

<<USE>>

:doh:

This reminds me of Spout.ly, which, aside from Your Band Sucks, is my favorite goddamn thing on SA main.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Galarox posted:

You're in my latest piece of art. Keep up!

lmao its good

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

What did you do?

Continually post the stupidest photos of japan in the japan.jpg thread. You're supposed to talk about how awesome anime is and how much better japan is than whatever country you live in, but I just like to make jokes.

Galarox posted:

How are your racist views BTW?

They're coming along pretty well. The japanophiles are helping me shape them properly.

Galarox posted:

Can you see the lesser races from where you are sitting?

Yes. I have a photo of my aunt on the wall. :colbert:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Continually post the stupidest photos of japan in the japan.jpg thread. You're supposed to talk about how awesome anime is and how much better japan is than whatever country you live in, but I just like to make jokes.

They're coming along pretty well. The japanophiles are helping me shape them properly.

Yes. I have a photo of my aunt on the wall. :colbert:

This made me lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which letter are we talking about now? I'm out of the loop.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's the status of the lawsuit btw?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Friendly Humour posted:

What's the status of the lawsuit btw?

two weeks

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Friendly Humour posted:

Which letter are we talking about now? I'm out of the loop.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3lyfb1/david_jennison_former_lead_character_artist_in/

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

While we're at it…

trucutru posted:

It's gonna be around ~2000 sqft since it is supposed to wrap around the four walls (I think Sandi said so?). A cool 20-30k (basically a coffee machine) for it would be my guess.

…any truth to the rumour that all the D_Smart legal threats against CIG finally paid off? :D

Tippis fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 20, 2016

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Galarox posted:

This made me lol

Did you know that Japan has "blowjob bars"?

Here is a small sample of what they talk about in that thread:

Waltzing Along posted:

Does your shop use condoms or not?

No.

Waltzing Along posted:

I do about 10 in a 7 hour shift. The most I ever did was 15 in 8 hours.

And you guys feel bad for CIG employees.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ShredsYouSay posted:

https://skfb.ly/MpFy
Here, have a shotgun for Solar Plebeian. Perhaps have the object cast rays so if you get to close it crashes the game.

What page were all the suggestions for Solar Plebeian enviromental hazards on?

gently caress YEAH :five:

That's the first weapon that will be implemented.

I think it was like 6-10 pages back for the environmental stuff. I wrote some of them down, but mebbe not all

Toops fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 20, 2016

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Do we not have that archived? I imagine the redditors would just love to delete that particular letter (and pretend it never happened/was a DS sock-puppet). It was quoted on this or the previous thread IIRC.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Is that a Banksy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Did you know that Japan has "blowjob bars"?

Here is a small sample of what they talk about in that thread:

And you guys feel bad for CIG employees.

wait - what? I might have to come to your japan thread and photoshop beijing or parts or new york or something into tokyo if that's their attitude.

• Locked thread