Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Kyle win #158 second place driving on a flat the entire last lap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that finish was the Twilight Zone

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Love that finish

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

There was clearly debris on the track :colbert:

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
At this point only Kyle Busch in XFINITY can still finish second driving around with a flat tire for an entire lap. The racing gods really hated JGR today.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wow

:stare:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

fuseshock posted:

At this point only Kyle Busch in XFINITY can still finish second driving around with a flat tire for an entire lap. The racing gods really hated JGR today.

Wait, what? How?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wait, what? How?

Bush was leading from Suarez, and Dillon

Bush's tyre blew into one, Suarez overtook and then ran out of fuel, so Bush went back into the lead, Dillon passed Bush for the win in turn 3/4.

It was pretty dope.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Ok maybe I shouldn't have turned the radio off halfway thru the race.

Edit -lol that loving owned.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 20, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

LordPants posted:

Bush was leading from Suarez, and Dillon

Bush's tyre blew into one, Suarez overtook and then ran out of fuel, so Bush went back into the lead, Dillon passed Bush for the win in turn 3/4.

It was pretty dope.

It's even better.

Kyle was saving, and Jones was catching him. As soon as Jones got to him, he ran out. Kyle takes the white immediately after, and promptly blows a tire. As he's limping it along, Suarez catches him, passes him, and runs out. Kyle takes the lead back. Coming off four, Dillon, who was 4th and like 10 seconds back in the same place the prior lap, tries on the high side as Kyle drifts up. They get together a bit, Dillon squeezes through and wins.

It was a top 20 all time finish IMO

e- what race was it a few years ago where everyone ran out? It was that times ten

e2- here's the vid, Jones has run out prior to this

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 20, 2016

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

VikingSkull posted:

It's even better.

Kyle was saving, and Jones was catching him. As soon as Jones got to him, he ran out. Kyle takes the white immediately after, and promptly blows a tire. As he's limping it along, Suarez catches him, passes him, and runs out. Kyle takes the lead back. Coming off four, Dillon, who was 4th and like 10 seconds back in the same place the prior lap, tries on the high side as Kyle drifts up. They get together a bit, Dillon squeezes through and wins.

It was a top 20 all time finish IMO

e- what race was it a few years ago where everyone ran out? It was that times ten

e2- here's the vid, Jones has run out prior to this

Pocono last year, just start at like 10 to go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKv4hwM7BDo

Also, how the hell did that tire not come apart?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait is NASCAR putting up full races on Youtube?

That's ... weirdly savy from these dumb dopes.

edit: also based on a sample size of 1 race I really like Gordon in the booth. Have goons taken to him the same? Or do people hate him?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm still laughing at that finish.

I was in full bitching mode talking about how poo poo the series was and how Fontana was the worst race track ever and then something amazing happened.

Thank you, Kyle Busch. Fucker.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think Fontana was good last year because there was a multi page fight over whether or not Fontana counted as a "cookie cutter" track triggered by someone talking about how good the race was.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
All of the good races this year have been pretty good at exposing who the clueless morons are in this thread.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

All of the good races this year have been pretty good at exposing who the clueless morons are in this thread.

I've known you were a clueless moron for years. :smug:

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

gret posted:

:laugh:

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 20, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wow, that was really fun. :stare:

Kyle trying to punt Dillon off four. :allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
What's the frequency Denny

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Someone try and tell me this racing is boring

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

kidcoelacanth posted:

Someone try and tell me this racing is boring

We're already having tire issues

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

We're already having tire issues

I don't see how this contradicts my statement

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
:drat:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:stare:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
50 laps in and I think we've had 3 tires go down in the same way

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
This is going to be a long day

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

California, once again, a good race.

Reminder as to how we got here:

quote:

Stewart said he was miffed last year when France walked up to him at Pocono Raceway and "gave me a hard time" about Stewart pushing for a low-downforce aerodynamic package. NASCAR — specifically vice president of racing development Gene Stefanyshyn — had convinced France a high-drag package was the better fix for the lackluster racing.

"I sat there in my head thinking, 'Wait a minute. You’re standing up for a guy (Stefanyshyn) who’s never worked on a race car, never been on a race team and now is making decisions on what the rules package is going to be versus guys who have been driving a race car for 20 or 30 years,' " Stewart said. "You’re telling us that guy is smarter than we all are?’ That’s where Brian France and I disagree."

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

"It's okay, Little Tony. I have a great brain."

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
:gonk:

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
If that hadn't happened at 190 mph, I'd say it was intentional. :shrug:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Great job dingus

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Danica was turning up slightly as Kahne was turning down more. Edge to Kahne on the responsibility.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

gret posted:

this burn would have been fully sick had a boring Cali race followed it

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

10 years ago if we were told California would be the best track on the circuit in the next 10 years, no one would've believed it. A tale of oh hey low downforce is better for racing and unneeded paving jobs.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This owns

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Someone's tire is going to burst.

e: Well I was right cause of Blaney.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
gently caress you Nevada, quit sending your rejects over here - California

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle ruined my Fantasy, god damnit.

This is where I hate the Overtime Rule. I'd love three GWCs here. :getin:

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
Jimmie wins calling it

E: boom, confetti

Some Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jimmie Johnson.

Still a great race

• Locked thread