Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Fubarduck and inononononono are saying it won't, at least what's in the patch notes won't fix it

If the upcoming patch truly doesn't fix it, then the next one will. It is very apparent capcom will not let option selects of this type stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah the input lag is ridiculous and should be patched out asap(good luck), but I think I fixed it for myself properly, it's hard to tell what with confirmation bias and whatnot.

Dracula Factory fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 20, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

If the upcoming patch truly doesn't fix it, then the next one will. It is very apparent capcom will not let option selects of this type stay.

Yeah, that's probably true. I wonder if anyone has the inside scoop from woshige

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Evil Canadian posted:

I really want to think you're making posts I'd make ironically 100% verbatim, but you're probably actually this dumb.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

note: not a hard read

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I really want to think you're making posts I'd make ironically 100% verbatim, but you're probably actually this dumb.

Capcom been patching out option selects since the betas, upcoming patch getting rid of more of them, but no man, this one stays this is the one.

Are you simple or something?

*ed*

No need to answer that, I already know the answer.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 20, 2016

cams
Mar 28, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

jesus christ you are a oval office

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm sure they'll also get rid of all the option selects against Dhalsim teleport as well,

Capcom will not stand for this!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

don't be a nagative nancy lets all hug and be friends and suck capcoms dick

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Hrm, what is this option select, and how does it work?? Oh well that isn't important, they are absolutely removing it in the next patch (which is coming soon, for reals)!

What do you mean they're not? Well then they most certainly will in the next patch!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i have faith in capcom!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i personally have no idea what people are talking about when they complain about insular, toxic communities on something awful.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

well that solves it, the game is actually good

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I bet the input lag is part of why I'm liking this as much as I am. In terms of reaction times, it turns moves from i3 or i4 SF moves to i12 soul-calibur style moves. Which is to say, you don't get to hit buttons on reaction very much. That feels right to me, even if it feels wrong for everyone else. :v:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Corbeau posted:

I bet the input lag is part of why I'm liking this as much as I am. In terms of reaction times, it turns moves from i3 or i4 SF moves to i12 soul-calibur style moves. That feels right to me, even if it feels wrong for everyone else. :v:

That's actually because the buffer window is way larger, not because of the input lag.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Corbeau posted:

I bet the input lag is part of why I'm liking this as much as I am. In terms of reaction times, it turns moves from i3 or i4 SF moves to i12 soul-calibur style moves. Which is to say, you don't get to hit buttons on reaction very much. That feels right to me, even if it feels wrong for everyone else. :v:

it actually works the opposite of that, in respect to the ability to react to things

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Like how do you tacitly admit you have no idea how/why something works, while simultaneously casting doubt on findings of much smarter people, and then unequivocally state that it will be fixed/removed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

well that solves it, the game is actually good
i do not give a poo poo about proving some objective point about the quality of the game. it is insanely weird to me how much you guys do. i like the game, i play it. i absolutely do not give a poo poo about winning some imaginary battle about the fate of sfv.

i do care that you guys go out of your way to turn this thread for a poo poo game you don't play into pure garbage out of spite.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Like how do you tacitly admit you have no idea how/why something works, while simultaneously casting doubt on findings of much smarter people, and then unequivocally state that it will be fixed/removed.
hahahahah your brain is broken

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

i do not give a poo poo about proving some objective point about the quality of the game. it is insanely weird to me how much you guys do. i like the game, i play it. i absolutely do not give a poo poo about winning some imaginary battle about the fate of sfv.

i do care that you guys go out of your way to turn this thread for a poo poo game you don't play into pure garbage out of spite.
hahahahah your brain is broken

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

It's cool, Bebop is just Johnny from Karate Kid: technically skilled, knowledgeable and a huge rear end in a top hat for no reason sometimes. Necromonster is like his idiot friend who follows him around and yells "Yeeeeeeah, put him in a body bag!" at the end of the movie or whatever it's been a while since I've seen that movie.

But no, we must fight against the thread becoming a hugbox or something. That would be horrible. Having discussions without insults is just not in the spirit of fighting games or something.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

At some point the thread went from "people who like SF5 vs people who don't like SF5" to "people who like SF5 vs toxic, seeping assholes."

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

"Heh, I mean, I know how this works, but instead of just explaining it I'd like to make three successive posts reinforcing how smart I am, heh. Has anyone seen my dick oh it's right here in my hand."

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Sarchasm posted:

At some point the thread went from "people who like SF5 vs people who don't like SF5" to "people who like SF5 vs toxic, seeping assholes."

"Heh, I mean, I know how this works, but instead of just explaining it I'd like to make three successive posts reinforcing how smart I am, heh. Has anyone seen my dick oh it's right here in my hand."

p toxic posting bruh

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

too much toxic anti-fun patterns in this thread

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
street fighter v is dividing this nation

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

Don't forgot the babies who take anyone making fun of the game as a personal insult instead of ignoring them like sane people do. This thread is quite fun tbh.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Sarchasm posted:

you are attempting to call him out by stooping to his level i guess

shame on you

you toxic seeping rear end in a top hat!

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I don't understand why when I lose it's almost always ~ 66 LP off my total but every win is only about +35 back on. I haven't been able to identify any sort of logic or consistency to it.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

croutonZA posted:

Don't forgot the babies who take anyone making fun of the game as a personal insult instead of ignoring them like sane people do. This thread is quite fun tbh.

Who's doing this? The worst I've seen is someone say that having to use xpadder is bad but at least it's a way around the problem followed by people saying that he's eating poo poo and sucking capcom's dick or something. They seemed a lot more bothered that someone dared suggest a way around the problem instead of just hating on everybody playing the game because of it. Genuinely curious, maybe I missed some posts.

Edit:

Zophar posted:

I don't understand why when I lose it's almost always ~ 66 LP off my total but every win is only about +35 back on. I haven't been able to identify any sort of logic or consistency to it.

It's based on your relative LP. If you beat someone much higher in rank, you get 100+ lp, if you beat someone much lower you get like 20.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
My favorite move is dragon punch

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Bebop just let the bads be bad. You only come in contact with them here anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mine is Karin st.MK

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Hobojim posted:

It's based on your relative LP. If you beat someone much higher in rank, you get 100+ lp, if you beat someone much lower you get like 20.

That's what I thought, but that hasn't been the case for me. I can't explain it, it acts like their total doesn't matter.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Zophar posted:

You are losing to people worse than you and beating people even worse than them.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
My favorite move is block.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

me posting in this thread

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

toot toot toot toot toot

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

im cammy and zangeif is this thread

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Corbeau posted:

My favorite move is block.

never be blocking

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

General Morden posted:

me posting in this thread

use this one it doesnt have watermark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Do you have any muscle power for me