Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Stux posted:

ravane is right again but also still am awful poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

No Such Thing posted:

it's not that your points don't hold merit, it's just that you're a fuckhead and nobody wants to read your blog about ubisoft and race representation in the casual chatting thread.

i do actually white noise poster

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sakurazuka posted:

It also really needed a dedicated granade button, did any of the later versions add that?

Nope!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ravane posted:

How do you idiots not see the racism, though?

I'm not joking, how is it 2016 and a basic character creator doesn't allow you to create literally 1/3rd of the human race? Think about that. Assuming that we vary in skin tone from white to brown to black. Think about all the olive and tan skinned people whether latino, south american, middle eastern, east indian, aboriginal australian, spanish, or a mix of any of those or just mixed in general. The Division's character creator has like 8 faces you can choose from, 4 of those are white, 2 of those are black, 2 of those are asian. How does that represent me? I can choose a white guy and give myself a slight tan, but that will never be MY SKIN TONE. I can choose a black guy, I can't change his skin colour, and I'm stuck with the stereotypical hairstyles, such as corn rows, an afro, bald or buzzcut. How does that represent ME?

I'm not either of these, I'm in between and I can't choose myself because someone at Ubisoft just forgot about 1/3rd of the human population and chose to cater to white and black people, of which they couldn't even get black people correctly. And asians can choose like two faces and that represents all of japan, china, korea, etc. That's clearly good enough.

You know, in Deus Ex, I was able to choose a latino looking JC and I thought, finally, someone that isn't a white protagonist that I can relate to. But this poo poo in The Division is just too ridiculous. Some characters are going to be white or black or whatever, but in a game where you create the protagonist and they don't give you option to be your own skin color...

Can you imagine playing Dragon Age and they said "white people don't exist in this game, so there is no white skin tone." Can you imagine?

So now think how I feel. Think how all the tan to brown people feel when they have to choose a white or black character because they can't choose a character that best represents them.

If you think this is taint reaping, you're just a racist, sorry to say.

I see the racism, and the poster that originally brought it up said it better.

I was stating that your posts are so bad, they make me miss a poster known for baseless statements and otherwise melodramatic shitposting.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Stux posted:

apologies, i have edited my post to properly represent this.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

No Such Thing posted:

apologies, i have edited my post to properly represent this.

hahah incredibly lukewarm burn from this random poster no one knows or cares about

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

White noise poster is the dumbest forums insult ever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

turn ur screen on

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Especially when it's coming from a poster that people only know for being terrible

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Especially when it's coming from a poster that people only know for being terrible

wait when did u call someone a white noise poster mustve missed that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stux posted:

i wont stand for this erasure of tan noise

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

Apparently constantly shitposting and trolling is way better than being unmemorable.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

leave stux alone......... !!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

*posts wall of goatses in 20 threads* phew at least I'm not one of those white noise posters who only post when they feel they can contribute and say uncontroversial things.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
*shakes rattle* im the best poster!!!

*sticks wooden block in mouth* im tha beft pofter!!!!!!!

*poops in diaper* IM THE BEST POSTER!!!!!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

leave stux alone......... !!

Why?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

*posts wall of goatses in 20 threads* phew at least I'm not one of those white noise posters who only post when they feel they can contribute and say uncontroversial things.

really weird u would label someones complaint that their racial make up isnt represented in a modern games skin tone options as "controversial"

what do u feel is controversial about this?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I like anime video games but not actual anime.

Mara is the best anime video game character, thanks Persona art team.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

I like anime video games but not actual anime.

Mara is the best anime video game character, thanks Persona art team.

u got a weird way of spelling chie there friend

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dog from persona 3 was good dog

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pink noise poster

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

brown note poster

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

Dog from persona 3 was good dog

Dogs are dumb which is why Persona 5 will right the wrong by adding a cat.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The weird lookin fox from P4 should've been a party member

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Persona 3 portable or p3fes which

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is there a game where I can play as a Jew-Slav hybrid? This is very important.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Portable, it has a cool girl main character and the FES dungeon sucks.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cn7fTb6GSE

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

p3p is portable (obviously) and has the option to play as a girl, which is also v well done and worth playing through but it lacks the animated cutscenes etc from p3fes which detracts from it. playing p3p after having played p4/p4g feels like a significantly cheaper game because its all just paper cut outs.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

This is the best argumentation for persona 5 being a game to play.

Cats rule.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
doesn't P3P let you directly control your dudes? that seems like a neat change, especially if you're clever and good enough to realize that mitsuru is the best persona wife and not chie

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

This is a good edit.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

doesn't P3P let you directly control your dudes? that seems like a neat change, especially if you're clever and good enough to realize that mitsuru is the best persona wife and not chie

There's a bunch of changes that make it a better game, like not being able to chainstun enemies and removing obnoxious knockdown effects.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah but i never really had that big an issue with it. actually played most of P4G with everyone but the MC on auto except for bosses

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stux posted:

yeah but i never really had that big an issue with it. actually played most of P4G with everyone but the MC on auto except for bosses

I found P3's AI to be obnoxiously braindead.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mitsuru was a dull wannabe dominatrix.

Kanji was clearly the best waifu.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Furnaceface posted:

Mitsuru was a dull wannabe dominatrix.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

I found P3's AI to be obnoxiously braindead.

yeah but im also obnoxiously braindead so between me and the AI its a wash

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Mitsuru ruled and if you think she was a dominatrix I think you might be mixing your fantasies up with the actual game.

Unrelated, I'm watching a Longplay of the T2 arcade game and man this game is terrible. I always thought the original Arcade was good and LJN just hosed up the home ports but nope the Arcade is just overflowing with quarter devouring unfun bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Paladinus posted:

Is there a game where I can play as a Jew-Slav hybrid? This is very important.

Any game with a decent character creator.

I get you're poking fun at me, but I'm really not asking for much besides a slightly wider range of skin tones. I can make a character that looks like me in the Sims 2. The fact that I can't choose my own skin tone in The Division is a little ridiculous.

Kinda surprised at the racism in this thread tbh. Thought you guys were better than this. :(

• Locked thread