Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Maybe when they release a major dlc for the division you'll be able to play as the bad guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Broseph Brostar posted:

Maybe when they release a major dlc for the division you'll be able to play as the bad guys

Nice, a terrorist joke. I haven't heard that one nearly a million times since 9 loving 11.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

axleblaze posted:

Mitsuru ruled and if you think she was a dominatrix I think you might be mixing your fantasies up with the actual game.

Unrelated, I'm watching a Longplay of the T2 arcade game and man this game is terrible. I always thought the original Arcade was good and LJN just hosed up the home ports but nope the Arcade is just overflowing with quarter devouring unfun bullshit.

You which one is just unfun bullshit? the Terminator game for GB. No continues whatsoever. Sure it's short but goddamn is that game bullshit.

Also up there with the first Terminator game for the NES.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ravane posted:

Nice, a terrorist joke. I haven't heard that one nearly a million times since 9 loving 11.

Who said anything about terrorists? :confused:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I've never actually played it but Bethesda made an open-world Terminator game in 1990 that sounds awesome.

quote:

Gameplay is similar to modern Grand Theft Auto style games; the player basically runs around shooting anyone in sight, stealing cars, and breaking into various buildings to steal supplies.

Following the storyline, you either take on the role of Kyle Reese and protect Sarah Connor from the cyborg sent back in time to kill her, or become the Terminator and eliminate Kyle and Sarah. Either way, the player chases his opponent through Los Angeles buying or stealing weapons and equipment while attempting to eliminate his enemy and avoid the police.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

You which one is just unfun bullshit? the Terminator game for GB. No continues whatsoever. Sure it's short but goddamn is that game bullshit.

Also up there with the first Terminator game for the NES.

Well all of them really. I just remembered the actual Arcade game being fun but like everything after the second stage is just designed to take quarters rather than be fun. If anything it's worse than the console version because there are more horrible stages and even more stuff on the screen at the same time. like you thought the protect the truck stage was bad on console? Well have twice as much stuff trying to destroy that truck. Later in there is a worse version of that stage. Also, while it doesn't prevent you from going forward if you fail like the protection stages, the Cyberdyne stage is even harder to actually 100% and like in the console, you don't 100% it? Bad ending!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Broseph Brostar posted:

Who said anything about terrorists? :confused:

The Division is a video game about a terrorist organization that releases a biological agent that forces all of Manhattan to go under quarantine to stop its spread. Telling me, a guy with brown skin, that maybe I could play as the bad guys aka the terrorists felt like a metaphor.

I guess that's not what you meant. But I don't understand why you think the good guys can't have a tan skin color and that's reserved only to the bad guys?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

axleblaze posted:

Well all of them really.

Not that Sega CD one. :v:

Granted I will admit I cheated on that because of AVGN, but goddamn the soundtrack is awesome.

Also I just don't think there is any good Terminator games at all. I tried one of the games in Dave and Busters (adults chuckie cheese basically) and it was Terminator Salvation. Granted mostly because how of heavy the drat light ak 47 gun was to shoot with.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ravane posted:

The Division is a video game about a terrorist organization that releases a biological agent that forces all of Manhattan to go under quarantine to stop its spread. Telling me, a guy with brown skin, that maybe I could play as the bad guys aka the terrorists felt like a metaphor.

I guess that's not what you meant. But I don't understand why you think the good guys can't have a tan skin color and that's reserved only to the bad guys?

I wasn't even replying to you, I was saying offhand that it'd be cool to play as the bad guys. Don't you think I'd quote you if I was talking to you?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

some of u are being really loving weird rn just fyi

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I remember there being a PS2 Terminator game that was alright but yeah no one has really done that series justice. The Sega CD one isn't awful but outside it being the first game ever to have a soundtrack featuring actual electric guitar, it's a pretty unremarkable game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axleblaze posted:

I remember there being a PS2 Terminator game that was alright but yeah no one has really done that series justice. The Sega CD one isn't awful but outside it being the first game ever to have a soundtrack featuring actual electric guitar, it's a pretty unremarkable game.

whatever the arcade terminator game was that was ported to mega drive owned

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Binary Domain is the best Terminator game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Broseph Brostar posted:

I wasn't even replying to you, I was saying offhand that it'd be cool to play as the bad guys. Don't you think I'd quote you if I was talking to you?

someone complains that u cant pick a non-black brown skin colour in the game and u post "Maybe when they release a major dlc for the division you'll be able to play as the bad guys" directly after them when no one was talking about playing as bad guys or dlc or anything other than being able to play as someone with brown/tan skin tone and ur trying to play it off like this. what a bad look.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

this is entirely true

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sleeveless posted:

I've never actually played it but Bethesda made an open-world Terminator game in 1990 that sounds awesome.

Yeah it was uh, ahead of its time.

Let's go with that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

whatever the arcade terminator game was that was ported to mega drive owned

damnit Stux, if you're not gonna even bother following the conversation gtfo

I mean this whole thing started with me explaining that that game is really bad.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Accordion Man posted:

My man.

It felt very satisfying to shoot robots. Honestly one of those third person shooters I still enjoy to this day because the shooting is fun.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Terminator games are hard because the machines are supposed to win. :colbert:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Stux posted:

someone complains that u cant pick a non-black brown skin colour in the game and u post "Maybe when they release a major dlc for the division you'll be able to play as the bad guys" directly after them when no one was talking about playing as bad guys or dlc or anything other than being able to play as someone with brown/tan skin tone and ur trying to play it off like this. what a bad look.

I honestly didn't even know there were terrorists in the game, I thought it was all looters, crazed CDC people, and a PMC. I guess I should have assumed that there would be terrorists in a Tom Clancy game.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Okay so I recall a goon thread from awhile ago about a game which was stated as something of a spiritual successor to the Suikoden series. Given that I'm replaying that series currently I could go for something once I finished that's in the same wheelhouse. Damned if I can remember what the game was though. Was hoping some goon in here might know what I'm talking about? I recall that it was a PC game, and I'm reasonably sure it was/is free.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I tested Terminator Salvation and that game was the boringest cover based shooter ever and had to take out a really awesome boss fight because the guy making the movie threw a tantrum about the boss fight ruining his movie's continuity.

The game also had a better plot than the movie despite having a really bad plot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

axleblaze posted:

damnit Stux, if you're not gonna even bother following the conversation gtfo

I mean this whole thing started with me explaining that that game is really bad.

oh

no that game pwns actually

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
Stux is a piece of poo poo, this is my drive by shitposting

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Stux is cool

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Stux is okay, I guess

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kind of a slow month for gaming, isn't it?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The new Hitman sounds cool.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's the calm before the DARK SOULS. :v:

Also yes Hitman is fun, just the server connection issues blow.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane this weekend and it was really good. John Goodman has been in video games so it's totally on topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp1ZKRqXPho

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure if I'd call it racism, but it does seem poor planning and a general inattention to detail to have only three pre-selected shades to skin tone or whatver it is you guys are bitching about.

Even Salt and Sanctuary, with its rear end ugly character models, still lets me be all the races, including black, less black, more eskimo, and zombie.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
As far as I know there's no real way to map out game releases like you can with film, other than that Christmas season is generally when "blockbusters" come out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay so I recall a goon thread from awhile ago about a game which was stated as something of a spiritual successor to the Suikoden series. Given that I'm replaying that series currently I could go for something once I finished that's in the same wheelhouse. Damned if I can remember what the game was though. Was hoping some goon in here might know what I'm talking about? I recall that it was a PC game, and I'm reasonably sure it was/is free.

it was probably exit fate but imho its not actually great

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

oh

no that game pwns actually

When was the last time you actually played it?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

corn in the bible posted:

it was probably exit fate but imho its not actually great

That does look like the vague graphical stuff I remember, thanks. I'll probably give it a try anyway, but it could definitely turn out to be pap.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbRiDrGj1Oo

Broseph Brostar posted:

You are the bad guys

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm not sure if I'd call it racism, but it does seem poor planning and a general inattention to detail to have only three pre-selected shades to skin tone or whatver it is you guys are bitching about.

Even Salt and Sanctuary, with its rear end ugly character models, still lets me be all the races, including black, less black, more eskimo, and zombie.

It's racism to me because it's my skin tone that's been left out. Don't get me wrong, I'm used to this. There's only a few characters I can relate to like Dhalsim (or TellTale's Walking Dead 2 at which point they legit made one of the first south asian actors a decent side character), I get that it's going to be a long time till I see a protagonist with my skin tone (There's also prince of persia).

But poo poo, you'd expect that a big budget game with a character creator would let you create brown people. It is poor planning and it is a general inattention to detail, and it is racist because they neglected such a large demographic and just never noticed. That kind of ignorance is hard to pass off as just incompetence. It'd be like walking by a homeless person all the time and just never helping them out because you never really thought about them. Sure, you're ignorant of their plight, but you're also a huge dick.

The Division doesn't have to include my skin tone in the game, But it's hosed up that they forgot.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The insidious thing about racism is that it doesn't have to be active or malicious.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

two antennas met on a roof, fell in love, and got married

The ceremony wasn't much but the reception was fantastic
sorry, I just need to celebrate this cool little post :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I mean all sarcastic joking aside the skin tone choice in any game should be one of those color sliders where you can be bright loving green if you so desire and limiting it is really stupid.

• Locked thread