Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

What? You mean that having an armchair architect blindly making changes to the blueprints was a bad idea?

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

At what point did Ghulk ever meet these two? They probably think they are being mugged.

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

I usually don't post these, but if you were looking for another reason to hate 'Rose is Rose', here it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Howard Beale posted:

I had a coworker who tried talking like this but nobody would take him up on the conversation. He'd just walk up and ask "Which would you rather be: turned into a Dalek or turned into a Cyberman?" and I'd say "Gee that's tough, I'll have to think about it." I guess I'm still thinking about it.

You can't be turned into a Dalek, they're a whole other species.
:goonsay:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

I usually don't post these, but if you were looking for another reason to hate 'Rose is Rose', here it is.
It's so Brookian that the lesson he learnt was to use a bunch of camera angles rather than to stop writing and drawing characters walking through space sprouting speech bubbles.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darkest Auer posted:

Janeway is hands down the best captain :colbert:
I didn't watch a lot of Voyager, but I can't hear about her without thinking of this skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZLcIpbOHIU

The one in that comic that seemed most out of place was Archer though. Did anyone even watch Enterprise?

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

"Went I went into syndication..."

When he notices that it's going to just kill him.

F Minus

Who doesn't love prison?

The oddly proportioned little boy makes a point.

Mary Worth

Wilbur gorged himself on so many sandwiches while Mary was away he can no longer leave the apartment.

Rex Morgan MD

Technically, we're all dying, Rex.

Secret Agent X-9

Man what a roomy car! No way my car could handle three corpses, an unconscious child, and a passenger. Well maybe it could if you laid the child across the corpses but it'd be a squeeze.

Apartment 3-G

Nope. Not liking this. Why can't Web be more like that nice Gunther boy?

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 21, 2016

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Have they just been walking circles inside this deck the whole time?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

treasureplane posted:

Barnaby (August 1, 1942)

Comic Strip Megathread 10-2: That ogre! Working for Hitler!

quote:

Gasoline Alley (January 20, 1923)

There is only one question left to answer before I can speak judgement - would you leave an infant unattended in an adult bathtub? Take your time answering.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Every time someone says "Wand of Watoomb" I expect Howard Moon and Vince Noir to show up.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Inspector Danger

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Solution: The crime scene technician was incompetent.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Yesterday's Bloom County threw a wrench into the works.

Skippy (January 21, 1929)

Peanuts (March 24, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

It's the twins who are teenagers in the Funkyverse ten years from now but at the same time! Now they're inconsequential bit players in two strips!

And now, back to Li'l Rip Haywire!

Out Our Way (December 21-22, 1928)

Thimble Theater (October 8, 1929...exactly three weeks before Black Tuesday, although Castor's getting a running head start into disaster.)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 22, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Johnny Aztec posted:

in case you are legit, that's not Death, it's Father Time FFS what is wrong with you?

I've never heard of or seen this character before, ever. Is this an American thing?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Alabaster White posted:

I've never heard of or seen this character before, ever. Is this an American thing?

Not originally, although anything can be mutated into an "American thing" over time. Ask the Brits about what we did with rounders.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 21, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

What the gently caress? No. You don't do this. You don't have a character say there were no prints and then give the solution as "lol, found a print".

That's just bullshit :argh:

Maybe if the tech had said, "I checked all over the outside of the drone and couldn't find a print." That would be fair.

Someone killed this old man with a hammer. There were no witnesses. Was the killer Old Jim or Miss Jenny?

It was Old Jim, 50 people saw him do it

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 21, 2016

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (March 24, 1969)

This is a timely reference to the new Kansas City Royals, San Diego Padres, Montreal Expos and Seattle Pilots.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I can't even be angry at this anymore because it's just one of the 6-7 solution structures Inspector Danger rotates through. (The security camera is definitely the most overused.)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

TOBY

Wallace the Brave

Dadding Badly

Stephen Collins Guardian cartoon

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Three days.

They've known each other three days and they're engaged.

They haven't done anything together except play music once and they're engaged.

God I loving hate Brooke.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Good to see a comic that isn't afraid to explore man's in humanity to man, in-depth. :3:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine Meets William James

The Phantom

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Somber Reflection Comix

Nobody likes how they look in a three-way mirror. There's all sorts of reasons behind it, like the angles refracting to create an image that shows us how we actually look, instead of the reversed look that we have in the mirror. Mostly it's just seeing our own butts when we usually don't.

Ballard Street

Perry is going to get beaten up by a vigilante before he gets two steps in the door. People take clown-themed bank robberies pretty seriously these days.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Summer ends.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 26, 1951)

Barnaby (August 3, 1942)

Nancy (April 12, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 24, 1928)

Gasoline Alley (January 22, 1923)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

I can't even be angry at this anymore because it's just one of the 6-7 solution structures Inspector Danger rotates through. (The security camera is definitely the most overused.)

I'm sad this isn't one of the Inspector Danger solutions that ends up with the Inspector just kind of declaring one of the suspects guilty and then claiming he confessed during interrogation. Makes me fondly remember the days of Shylock Fox and his vendetta against the underclasses and raccoon.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

At this point I'm not even sure if Inspector Danger is even supposed to be solvable. Maybe it's just presented as a puzzle but isn't actually one? Even accepting bullshit like "we found a finger print when we it was explicitly stated that there aren't any" there is no way for the reader to pin it down to any one suspect, it's completely unsolvable.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The list of suspects in this case is a red herring, there to distract you from the fact that the question isn't "who did it" but "how can Inspector Danger (maybe) still find out who did it?" Giving additional details in the solution is just what the strip does every time.

Inspector Danger is pretty much the equivalent of your uncles asking you trick questions when you're five.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

The list of suspects in this case is a red herring, there to distract you from the fact that the question isn't "who did it" but "how can Inspector Danger (maybe) still find out who did it?" Giving additional details in the solution is just what the strip does every time.
I was going to say the same thing. None of the panels after the "I didn't find any prints" one have anything to do with anything. Inspector Danger could have just said "wait, I think I have an idea...", and then you could end the comic with "what was his idea?" Then you've saved yourself having to draw another half-dozen lump-shaped people!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The most tepid of geography facts.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Ripley's Who Gives A poo poo

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Is...is there a reason that Reno fact is noteworthy? Is it a thing in pop culture that Reno is West of L.A.?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Kumaton posted:

Is...is there a reason that Reno fact is noteworthy? Is it a thing in pop culture that Reno is West of L.A.?

I think people believe that LA being on the west coast makes IT west of everything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set gets their money's worth.

Working Daze has a poor work ethic.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has a good point.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

And He Did.

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Today's Bloom County snuck up on us...and pushed us into the wood chipper.

Pogo (March 24, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (July 8-11, 1954)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love the eternal struggle between Spidey's weekday and weekend colorists.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Someone's gonna find that Working Daze baby dead in a bathtub while those two idiots are asleep in the glow of an Agent Carter episode they've watched seven times.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Kumaton posted:

It blew my mind.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Technically, we're all dying, Rex.

Featured: A man who is definitely still physically and mentally fit to run a huge security corporation.

Luann

This is so gross on so many levels.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

Five years? Ted always was an optimist.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme