Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm Psychedelic Eyeball, into this thread page we will be discussing is da worst member of the Super Best Batsu Friens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm sorry Matt I don't know what came over me

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Didn't the Twitch outro make it into one of the regular channel vids? Can someone link it, I've never seen the thing.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Truly we this thread are is living in the Garb-age.

DPM fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 21, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, GameTrailers are back.
https://www.patreon.com/EasyAllies?ty=h
Unsurprisingly, they turned themselves into a streaming/podcast platform. In this day and age that's what works really. Although they might start doing stuff like those cool Retrospectives if they reach their higher Patreon goals.

Krazyface posted:

Didn't the Twitch outro make it into one of the regular channel vids? Can someone link it, I've never seen the thing.
It goes on for four minutes and it's great.
And every new stream it seems to get longer.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 21, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Not feeling the name. Just why Easy Allies?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

What the gently caress was that Uno anime poo poo???

Edit: That's Obari character design, right?

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 21, 2016

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

my cat is norris posted:

What the gently caress was that Uno anime poo poo???

Edit: That's Obari character design, right?

PS1/Saturn Uno game with anime cutscenes.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

Not feeling the name. Just why Easy Allies?

Their fan-reddit has been called "Uneasy Alliance" for a while

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAkvM-rttM

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rhonne posted:

When I first saw the the Twilight Princess LP title card, I thought Midna was supposed to be Pat. I guess I just see a tiny impish creature with redish hair and just instinctively think of Pat.

It's really weird that Liam is in the LP yet he's not in the title card.

Bit boo on not hero mode-ing the game though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's really weird that Liam is in the LP yet he's not in the title card.

Bit boo on not hero mode-ing the game though.

He's Link. And I'm glad they aren't doing hero mode, since history has shown us having to talk and play at the same time is difficult enough.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I do not like the things I'm learning in the Twilight Princess LP.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Liam continues to be the best friend by giving Oracle series some much needed love.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Liam continues being the worst best friend by throwing ridiculous amounts of shade onto Link Between Worlds and not acknowledging its incredible wall mural mechanic

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Link Between Worlds has really lovely (easy) bosses and is basically a rupee farmfest for the first few hours.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Link Between Worlds is also the best handheld Zelda in ages and easily one of the best top down Zeldas ever.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
When Woolie said he hadn't finished Skyward Sword I almost for half a second kind of a little bit wanted an LP of it but then realized that would be an awful idea because that game has ten times the amount of filler Wind Waker and Twilight Princess did combined, and it was a hundred times more blatant and unfun.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Improbable Lobster posted:

Link Between Worlds is also the best handheld Zelda in ages and easily one of the best top down Zeldas ever.

When your competition is Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass it's not really saying much. LBW is mediocre as all hell.

E: Woolie saying "none of the 3D zelda games had sword beams for a long while" killed me. I was really hoping a overlay of Fierce Deity link would of gotten edited in and just slowly get bigger during that entire exchange.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 22, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

LBW is mediocre as all hell.

Alright Liam.

Is it because of the rental system? Because of how any dungeon can be tackled in any way? A sort of retread of LTTP?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh man, Woolie brought up one of my annoyances with Twilight Princess: When Zant's mask comes off.

Zant was such a menacing motherfucker till that moment.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shindragon posted:

Alright Liam.

The first few dungeons are sleepwalk easy, then the rest take it up a little bit but never get harder due to how the items work. It's the same flat difficulty the entire time and I thought that was boring :shrug:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Oh man, Woolie brought up one of my annoyances with Twilight Princess: When Zant's mask comes off.

Zant was such a menacing motherfucker till that moment.

Zant was just another Agahnim-like until that mask came off and he got some personality.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zelda games aren't hard, so them being easy and boring is a weird thing to complain about

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Tae posted:

Zelda games aren't hard, so them being easy and boring is a weird thing to complain about

I was about to say, since when has difficulty being a meter for how enjoyable Zelda games were.

None of them are hard. Hell I rarely goddamn die in any of the Zelda games I play (I mean Zelda 2 is the exception) and yet I still enjoyed most.

Except TP. :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Yes, but they still get harder as you go. The result in most Zelda games is (or should be) all the dungeons are all about the same perceived difficulty; as your skill and resources increase, the challenges should get harder in pace with that. Having dungeons never get harder in a vacuum actually mean they get easier and easier relative to the player, which isn't good even in a game that's meant to be easy.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 22, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The Ice Ruins in ALBW is loving brutal I don't know what you guys played but enemies were doing like 3 hearts of damage in that place.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The Ice Ruins felt like it was designed before they settled on the item shop gimmick because it's so winding and complex that it takes some time to actually do. Flipside there's Turtle Rock which takes like 20 minutes to beat blind at best so anything after it feels like a real step down and the game never recovers.

But yeah the fact that the dungeons never asked for anything more than the item you used to get in meant I never had to mix and match items to solve puzzles or use my entire item set to get around. The shop gimmick itself also failed because the game showers rupee's on you- I'm pretty sure with just minor exploration I had enough to just clean the shop outright when the game actually introduced Lorule.

Also it felt kinda lame just being able to buy all the dungeon items, opening the big chests weren't all that exciting to me when I went for em. Bland rear end dungeons and a mostly re-used overworld just made it really dull and uninteresting. I can't say it's a bad game or anything like that, and the mural stuff was cool even if they didn't really do much with it outside "go through cracks" but the entire thing was just kinda underwhelming.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 22, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'd sooner reply PH than LBW

E: in fact outside of the boat stuff I liked PH

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 22, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Link's Awakening is still the best handheld Zelda.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think it's either Seasons or Minish Cap.

Also holy jesus I dunno if Nelo's my thing but they're right: it can't be denied. Need to grab that demo and touch it myself to get a handle on it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Say what you want about the best friends and kickstarters but when they make a video about a kickstarter game it's usually the dopest poo poo you should invest your money on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wow Pat was not kidding, that poo poo is overwhelming

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't believe Liam is dead. Haven't seen the podcast yet, but I agree with Matt on the preview video: Matt Murdock is ALWAYS WRONG.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Liam is gone from the podcast and the run time is 40 minutes shorter than normal.

Coincidence?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gnome7 posted:

https://youtu.be/6-mjq5ceP74

JJBA part 4 has a full length preview trailer now.
Quick someone show Matt this now. I want lets watches of part 4 episodes soon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Quick someone show Matt this now. I want lets watches of part 4 episodes soon.

They've probably all seen it and that won't happen.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Darksiders is the best 3D zelda game since OoT anyways

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

BrownThunder posted:

Darksiders 2 is the best 3D zelda game since OoT anyways

fixed

Adbot