Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Wasn't Chitoge the first girl anyway? She basically has to win at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Chitoge was always going to win. Didn't you guys read the original one-shot?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I still think he changed the ending of the picture book, but he doesn't remember.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-207?id=265900

In which the spotlight returns to the tsunderest girl in the story.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 1, 2016

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe this is finally happening.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm okay with this side story.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

JosephWongKS posted:

gently caress YEAH, RURI/SHU SHENANIGANS

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

JosephWongKS posted:

At least there are reasons for that relationship.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Shuu: "Actually, I like Onodera. I'm just waiting for Raku to realize that he likes Chitoge and then I'mma swoop in like a majestic eagle."

Ruri: "What the hell? I thought you liked me!"

Shuu: "Why would I like you? You punch me. Constantly. Through walls. Sorry, but if you wanted a hardcore masochist you should have lined up behind Raku with everyone else."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
It's probably going to be some story from before we came in to the story like with Ichijo and Onodera that'll explain why he doesn't mind getting beat all the time.

Ruri is the cutest, though, so I'm glad she may end up happy at the end of this. Shu seems to intend the best for her.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

dublish posted:

Chitoge was always going to win. Didn't you guys read the original one-shot?

I know she'll probably win, but I hope she doesn't. I'll gladly take anyone else.

Hell , can we just switch the focus to Ruri now until the end? I'm sure it'd be a much better read.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It's pretty telling that the most sensible pairing in this story involves characters whose relationship involves maybe ~10 chapters worth of non-gag storylines out of something like 208 chapters.

208: http://imgur.com/a/2JR7A

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

It's pretty telling that the most sensible pairing in this story involves characters whose relationship involves maybe ~10 chapters worth of non-gag storylines out of something like 208 chapters.

208: http://imgur.com/a/2JR7A

Because Shuu is a good guy who doesn't string people along... unless it's funnier that way. Also, that laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZ_HsMGBj4

And Ruri, while kinda always keeping to herself, seems to find herself unable to do so with her glasses buddy. Is this what shipping feels like?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
She's going to string it out across 3-4 pages and then he'll just openly admit it and then the next is them telling the group they're dating and some fantastic face reactions from the group.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
This arc is probably the only hope for any kind of resolution whatsoever since I'm pretty convinced that the author is pretty content to string along the main Betty or Veronica plot through to the end without any kind of real resolution, just like the real Betty or Veronica plot.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

This arc is probably the only hope for any kind of resolution whatsoever since I'm pretty convinced that the author is pretty content to string along the main Betty or Veronica plot through to the end without any kind of real resolution, just like the real Betty or Veronica plot.

No, gently caress that. Either Blondie Tsundere or The Boring Onodera.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I wasn't paying attention: was minidera written out or can she still make a surprise entrance?

Not that I'll read much after Ruri/Shuu.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I wasn't paying attention: was minidera written out or can she still make a surprise entrance?

Not that I'll read much after Ruri/Shuu.
Nope, she just got a horrible haircut and internally resolved to stop pursuing Raku, same as Tsugumi (neither Haru or Tsugumi actually told Raku they liked him, they just internally gave them up to Betty and Veronica respectively. The only one that was actually put on a bus out of the plot was Marika, and I expect that even she will show up again in the send-off in the final arc.

Actually, isn't Yui still kind of there? I don't remember poo poo about the worst character. I vaguely recall she was supposed to become the don and then didn't. Or something.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Official chapter is out (there's a horrific translation for pirates somewhere).

I don't think Ruri should feel bad for telling Shuu he's a dipshit because being a nice guy under a stupid facade doesn't excuse your stupid facade.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Back to the obnoxious side characters' subplot in the latest chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-210?id=267892

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

Back to the obnoxious side characters' subplot in the latest chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-210?id=267892

The comedy that they're like "tonight is the night" but its painfully obvious nothing will happen.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I want to believe. They've been killing off characters left and right here, so maybe he finally stops waffling during what must be a golden opportunity where none of them can physically run away from the problem.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Do Chitoge and Onodera each know that the other likes Ichijo? I honestly can't remember, but if they don't, I can see this as being the time they each find out. And then the hurricane clears up just long enough for them to see part of the meteor shower, and comes back just as they both try to play their hand.

rizzen posted:

I want to believe. They've been killing off characters left and right here, so maybe he finally stops waffling during what must be a golden opportunity where none of them can physically run away from the problem.

It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?

SpacePig posted:

Do Chitoge and Onodera each know that the other likes Ichijo?

They confessed to each other that they liked someone, and both assumed it was not Ichijo.
Also, echoing the sentiment that nothing is gonna happen.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Oh, something will happen. Something contrived. For instance, maybe Ichigou will get trapped in a sliding doorway with one girl on either side, and both girls will confess simultaneously into each ear, causing the largest sweat drop ever recorded to appear over his head.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Something will happen, dramabombs will be dropped, but I imagine at least two more mini-arcs that deal with the aftermath of this excursion.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Yeah, I can see that. Nothing necessarily gets resolved here, but it sets wheels in motion for a finale.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just loving tell Blandy that you have the hots for him! Either of you. Please.

Or Blandy, how hard can it be? You already broke 4 girls' hearts(Yui, Marika, Minidera, Tsugumi). Don't you want Takeo to stop looking at you like a Gigolo? Do it for Takeo.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Also, all this "Chitoge has to go back to America" poo poo they just randomly pulled out of their asses this chapter is dumb as gently caress. She's an adult with an extremely rich family (that is both doting and super hands-off at the same time) and the only parental figure that is actually even around is the dad who lives in Japan (not that she seems to give a gently caress about the dad anyways). Adding this in now is pretty dumb.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 21, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
She lived in America before, though, right? And now her mother lives there, I think. Plus, being an adult doesn't matter if you don't have money, and all of her money comes from her family, so she'd be pretty easily subject to their whims if she doesn't have an excuse to stay in Japan. I don't think it's that out of nowhere, and I don't think it's that she has to so much as it is that she probably will.

I can't imagine Chitoge doesn't come out on top in all of this at this point, though, so it probably doesn't matter.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

SpacePig posted:

She lived in America before, though, right? And now her mother lives there, I think. Plus, being an adult doesn't matter if you don't have money, and all of her money comes from her family, so she'd be pretty easily subject to their whims if she doesn't have an excuse to stay in Japan. I don't think it's that out of nowhere, and I don't think it's that she has to so much as it is that she probably will.

I can't imagine Chitoge doesn't come out on top in all of this at this point, though, so it probably doesn't matter.
The family is basically the most hands-off rich family ever and if she said "I'm staying in Japan" for basically any reason her family would let her do it unless they retconned them severely. That's not even considering the fact that it's not real life, its Nisekoi, so Raku isn't really picking the first girl he goes on a legit date with: he's probably literally picking who he's going to marry and have kids with and he is also wealthy.

I guess I just think its dumb because there's no real way to spin this random development as having any real purpose.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Angry Grimace posted:

Also, all this "Chitoge has to go back to America" poo poo they just randomly pulled out of their asses this chapter is dumb as gently caress. She's an adult with an extremely rich family (that is both doting and super hands-off at the same time) and the only parental figure that is actually even around is the dad who lives in Japan (not that she seems to give a gently caress about the dad anyways). Adding this in now is pretty dumb.

Uh... they had a whole arc on this, didn't they?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And then it turns out that this whole love flag event is for our favorite glasses buddies. Which would be fine by me. :allears:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Irisize posted:

Uh... they had a whole arc on this, didn't they?

No? If they did I don't think it's been mentioned in the last ~40 chapters.

E: they said the move was cancelled and they never really implied it was still happening even after she graduates. I mean, its a MacGuffin plot element anyways since Chitoge is obviously going to get her man.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 22, 2016

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

New chapter:

Raku is literally unconscious as a result of serious head trauma to the point he won't wake up and the girls are like "is this my chance to confess?" This isn't even the first time Raku's received serious head trauma and demonstrated significant cognitive issues due to it.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 28, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Heh, 159 people remember Double Arts.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I remember Double Arts :(

(lol at Raku getting less votes than a character who's not even in this manga.)

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Mama Onodera should have been #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
also RIP Y-San from chiba prefecture

• Locked thread