Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Blockhouse posted:

my "favorite" part of Justice League: War is the dude who has a legitimate concern about Wonder Woman running around in public swinging a loving sword (which is valid since Wonder Woman is presented as a loving psychopath in that movie) and her response is to lasso of truth him and make him out himself in public about being a crossdresser and the whole thing is presented as a YEAH!! FEMINISM!!! moment that tumblr latched onto with zero context for months

Wonder Woman is painted in such a strange light in that movie as to almost be a parody. Also, what sort of parent lets their child wander DC alone at night to buy Ice Cream? I did like Green Lantern in the movie, though. For some reason he sort of worked for me, but maybe because the actor was just really having a ball painting him as a jackass.

Also, doesn't Superman slice up a bunch of Parademons with his powers? According to the movie, Parademons are genetically and mentally enslaved innocent and intelligent life forms captured from other conquered worlds. For all the MoS talk that gets mentioned, the sort of wholesale violence in War seems even more extreme when you look at it from that context.

AnonSpore posted:

What is this

Is this an actual thing

I think those are the second designs, too, after the more blocky and almost Samurai Jack/video game graphics look with a more neon-stylized design were criticized into oblivion. To be honest, I sort of liked the original Loonatiks (or whatever) design before they got changed to that, and the sort of worst part is that I think the original look might have worked better with only one or two minor adjustments. The changes that ended up giving them their final form I think just came off as even less appealing. Also, the more stylized design likely would have worked better, it sort of reminded a bit of the abstract and angular art that would show up in older Looney Tunes.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wasn't the lead rabbit guy named after a vibrator?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I like how there was a huge outcry when Loonatics was announced and then no one watched it and no one gave a poo poo and then they brought back a proper Looney Tunes show and no one gave a poo poo about that either.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Amazon is having a Batman and Superman sale today, including all the Batman movies (excepting Batman: The Movie for some reason, though they do include the TV show), Superman movies, Smallville, and Lois and Clark.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I like how there was a huge outcry when Loonatics was announced and then no one watched it and no one gave a poo poo and then they brought back a proper Looney Tunes show and no one gave a poo poo about that either.

The initial outcry was due to the extreme character designs they first showed off.

Then they redesigned them and I don't remember anyone giving a poo poo about the show beyond the designs still being poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Amazon is having a Batman and Superman sale today, including all the Batman movies (excepting Batman: The Movie for some reason, though they do include the TV show), Superman movies, Smallville, and Lois and Clark.

Batman: The Movie has some weird rights stuff going on with it, that's why it was the only Adam West Batman thing available on home video for so long.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yes.

What does that have to do with Amazon lowering the price for a day, which they've done as recently as 10 days ago?

(Granted, it's $10 on Blu-ray at normal price so it's not like it's exactly expensive.)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Hey, apparently I'm gonna get to see Batman punch Superman in an early screening tonight!

I'm guessing I'm also going to be legally barred from telling anyone anything, though. Anyone have a clue when those type of NDAs usually drop?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It might be that WB (or whoever) is the one doing the sale.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Hey, apparently I'm gonna get to see Batman punch Superman in an early screening tonight!

I'm guessing I'm also going to be legally barred from telling anyone anything, though. Anyone have a clue when those type of NDAs usually drop?
If you have to sign something, it will almost certainly say how long it's in effect.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Endless Mike posted:

If you have to sign something, it will almost certainly say how long it's in effect.

I'm sure, but I haven't seen it yet and I was wondering how long they typically go

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

I'm sure, but I haven't seen it yet and I was wondering how long they typically go

Probably until the press embargo is up so I assume it can't be more than a couple of days

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It would be pointless for an NDA to go that far anyway, the movie is out on Thursday night and it's Monday.

I live in a college town that's on spring break this week, I'm curious if it might actually be worth trying to see it Thurs or Friday night for once instead of our usual waiting until the 11am show on Sat/Sun for big movies like this. Normally the crowds/lines/wait aren't worth it for seeing it 48 hours sooner.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/21/first-reactions-to-batman-v-superman-are-very-positive/

Apparently the review embargo is up tomorrow evening (6PM EST).

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Hmmm...no, that's not right. I'm pretty sure we already decided that the movie is very bad

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Occam's razor suggests that every one of those people is dumb and wrong and shilling.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There probably won't be a NDA this's close to release. Got to see Guardians of the Galaxy nearly two weeks early, and I got to tell everyone about the majesty of seeing a Celestial on the big screen.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Advanced screenings don't usually come with NDA's unless they are test screenings. Most movies do advance screenings a week or less before a movie comes out and it is just done to create buzz about a film.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I'm going to the Thursday night IMAX showing and am very excited, though I missed out on the free comics they offered with ticket preorders because I can't read fine print apparently.

I hope the movie will be good, but it could also be very bad. I'm a Superman fan, so it's been a tense few years for me :shobon:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Swillkitsch posted:

I'm going to the Thursday night IMAX showing and am very excited, though I missed out on the free comics they offered with ticket preorders because I can't read fine print apparently.

I hope the movie will be good, but it could also be very bad. I'm a Superman fan, so it's been a tense few years for me :shobon:

Do what I did and set the bar low. I watched superman 3 and 4 and it has to be better than those

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Batman movie looking good.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 22, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My IMAX showtimes suuuuuck unless I go see it in 3D. Regular IMAX is either 11:25 AM or 10:45 PM all week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something kind of weird, I was looking at the listings on my local theater's website and they're doing both 3D and non-3D IMAX showings of BvS.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Here's something kind of weird, I was looking at the listings on my local theater's website and they're doing both 3D and non-3D IMAX showings of BvS.

Mine is too. Same with Civil War. I think 3D is slowly being killed off, since there are more times and the first showing is non-3D.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Mine is too. Same with Civil War. I think 3D is slowly being killed off, since there are more times and the first showing is non-3D.

Good riddance.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

So much prettier and effort worthy than I imagined

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

My non 3d IMAX showtimes are before noon and after I go to bed, with the only showings at reasonable hours being 3d.

Is there any difference between IMAX and BigD? I have a theatre playing in BigD 2D and I know for a fact that screen is actually bigger than the IMAX one in town because we have one of the small IMAXes. But will it have the extra aspect ratio or whatever?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Die Laughing posted:

Blue Beetle & Booster Gold episodes.

Isn't that just one episode with both of them? And the Beetle part is kinda meh.

I watched Smallville S10 for the first time a few months ago because I never could bring myself to before after 9 years of Smallville when it aired. It was a strange experience

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Hey i saw BvS, it's fine enough but not great. I give it a B-, but suspect the thread will think c to c- based on what i think the thread likes on average

General stuff, no plot specifics

Incredibly by the numbers with almost no surprises, you can very nearly skip to the next movie if you've seen all the trailers. If you've read this thread, you know what happens in the movie. Would have been much cooler had they not prespoiled Doomsday.

WW was cool and i look forward to her movie

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Ugh, that seems really disappointing, but is it still mostly worth it for seeing aspects of DKR etc. come alive onscreen?

Edit: What about the cameos from Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Longbaugh01 posted:

Isn't that just one episode with both of them? And the Beetle part is kinda meh.

I watched Smallville S10 for the first time a few months ago because I never could bring myself to before after 9 years of Smallville when it aired. It was a strange experience

Yeah, it was the weakest of Johns' episodes. I really enjoyed the JSA two parter. His are the only episodes of Smallville I've seen, outside of a few random ones.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dislike the Booster Gold ep because it reduced a pretty complex character with jerkish tendencies to basically the villain in an 80s sports comedy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Part of the problem is studios still trying to get that China money and China will only even consider a movie if it is in IMAX and 3D. 3D probably would have died back off quicker if it wasn't for that.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
China wouldn't consider a movie this big if it was just in 2D? Seems like their loss, strange power dynamic. You'd think theater operators want it either way.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Longbaugh01 posted:

Ugh, that seems really disappointing, but is it still mostly worth it for seeing aspects of DKR etc. come alive onscreen?

Edit: What about the cameos from Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg?

Flash has a neat bit, the other two are basically "they exist!"

Fight scenes are pretty decent IMO.

I definitely liked it better than MoS!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hakkesshu posted:

The most successful project since 1996 to star an animated bunny is a Disney movie. That's crazy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Electromax posted:

China wouldn't consider a movie this big if it was just in 2D? Seems like their loss, strange power dynamic. You'd think theater operators want it either way.

Theater owners in China don't really have a say in what is available. The Chinese government has pretty strict import controls on what movies are allowed to be brought into their market.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

The most successful project since 1996 to star an animated bunny is a Disney movie. That's crazy.

This'll be changing as soon as SPACE JAM 2 comes out!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Gavok posted:

Part of that is Bugs really doesn't work that well in large doses. He's a HUGE rear end in a top hat, and spending more than an hour with him makes that much more obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

Hey i saw BvS, it's fine enough but not great. I give it a B-, but suspect the thread will think c to c- based on what i think the thread likes on average
Is there a post/mid-credit scene?

Anything about the soundtrack that was memorable?

• Locked thread