Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

fuctifino posted:

Re: Graeme Ellis, he was fine making others poor...and he was even an activist who agreed at the time with taking milk away from kids in the Thatcher days. While I respect the way that he stood down (he could have gone quietly), I'm wary at his switch to Labour. I hope he isn't given a position of authority, as he could be another 'Sue Marsh' who went from unemployable disability activist to accepting a £80k per year job with Unum, one of the companies who are trying to kill us off: http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-unum-paradox.html
Think you might have meant this post?

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/new-job.html

That's the one where she announces the new job and gets utterly slated in the comments.

edit: 1995. The End of History comes to pass with the establishment of the WTO.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Zephro posted:

Iain Duncan Smith's resignation proves the total failure of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership

I love how we were joking about this a couple of days ago and then the tory media goes and says it completely unironically.

What I'm saying is we should commission Brooker to do another season of Black Mirror that ends with full communism.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Well "The Waldo Moment" already correctly predicted Trump and I believe there was something about a pig?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fans posted:

Well "The Waldo Moment" already correctly predicted Trump and I believe there was something about a pig?

I've checked my notes and it seems that Cameron hosed a dead one.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

dispatch_async posted:

It is simply no longer possible to be disabled and a Tory, says angry activist
Not true, you can be an independently wealthy disabled person and still get on fine being a Tory.

I don't see the contradiction in this with any of their other social or fiscal policy.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been away since Friday, and the Tories are basically eating each other? Is that what's happening?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yes.

But lets not pretend like there won't be plenty of Thatcherite cunts left over when they're finished to continue their epic smash and grab operation on Britain's infrastructure.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

This is hilarious Trump is a member of the donor class.

Trump's "bit" is to be as bad a candidate as possible and tank the republicans while getting richer and more famous. Voting for him as a "gently caress you lol" is stupid but understandable, I honestly don't get how anyone smart enough to write sentences online would actually vote for Trump unless it's a prank on your own country and yourself.

Saurus is a British emigrant to the US. (How long have you been there now out of curiosity, Saurus?)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Zephro posted:

Think you might have meant this post?

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/new-job.html

That's the one where she announces the new job and gets utterly slated in the comments.

edit: 1995. The End of History comes to pass with the establishment of the WTO.

Ah yeah, that's the one. Thanks for the correction.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Saurus is a British emigrant to the US. (How long have you been there now out of curiosity, Saurus?)

Not long enough. If his relationship goes south and he ends up getting deported I hope the Trumpstaffel force him down the new Trail of Tears into Mexico so we don't have to have his stupid rear end voting in our elections again. He'd vote UKIP to stop the poofs getting all the welfare or something even dumber.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Build a wall in the channel, then put a moat around it

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/711894033354919936

Unclear if Osborne is going to actually show up. Should be fun.

E:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/711892061717397505

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/711893619054084096

dispatch_async fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 21, 2016

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

dispatch_async posted:

He'll have to see if there's space behind that tree with Jeremy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Renaissance Robot posted:

Build a wall in the channel, then put a moat around it

Why not just build it on the cliffs of Dover and get the moat for free? These are austere times.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

dispatch_async posted:

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/711894033354919936

Surely he has to turn up himself. Even our biased press would be unable to turn down the chance to tear him a new one for running from confrontation on the spectacular misifing of this budget.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"George Osborne hid in a toilet stall to avoid being grilled on the budget. This shows a marked failure of Jeremy Corbyn's ability to lead a credible opposition."

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

"George Osborne hid in a toilet stall to avoid being grilled on the budget. This shows a marked failure of Jeremy Corbyn's ability to lead a credible opposition."

"Correction: Osbourne went to bogs to snort a few lines, forgot what year it was, asked new questions on Corbyn's opposition to privacy whilst chasing the dragon for particular members."

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Noxville posted:

Surely he has to turn up himself. Even our biased press would be unable to turn down the chance to tear him a new one for running from confrontation on the spectacular misifing of this budget.

Apparently not:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/711902555769536512

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

pathetic

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fans posted:

He'll have to see if there's space behind that tree with Jeremy.

Hahaha Jesus Christ, are we going to get to 2017 and the entire cabinet are hiding in a conga line behind the same loving tree.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Tesseraction posted:

Hahaha Jesus Christ, are we going to get to 2017 and the entire cabinet are hiding in a conga line behind the same loving tree.

Nah, (considerably more than) half will have accidentally locked themselves in the loo with Gove.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kegluneq posted:

Nah, (considerably more than) half will have accidentally locked themselves in the loo with Gove.

We're going to have to rename The Cabinet to The Cubicle.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Government won't oppose on Labour removing the solar panel VAT hike and tampon tax as well. Very good day for Labour

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I imagine ol' Gideon is sat at his desk pretending to be Scarface.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I imagine Dave sat at his desk pretending to be Scarface. That's where all this ended up.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

The government accepting Labour amendments to the Budget proves that Corbyn is a busted flush and should be replaced with $ERROR_VALUE_UNDEFINED at the earliest possible opportunity.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I believe it's actually from last year's budget, but what's going on with that flat rate car tax thing? Is that still on for 2017 or did it get tossed?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

Well by then causing a massive clusterfuck and cowering from the media fallout will be a Fine British Tradition and it'll be considered an amusing unforced error to actually respond to questions about how badly you hosed up.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
So this is fairly terrifying. Probably effective as a cheeky wee share though.

https://www.facebook.com/trasion/videos/10205695138039728/

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Found this at work just now:

Some things never change apparently.

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 21, 2016

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free" said no one ever

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

How can they afford spaceships if they're destitute :confused:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Zephro posted:

How can they afford spaceships if they're destitute :confused:

they spend all their benefits on 40,000 kN plasma drives for their spaceships (bought with are money) you hear them blasting techno at 3 in the morning racing around all over the place it's a loving disgrace send the buggers back imo

our maggie msut be spinning in her grave

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
By leeching off our benefits system of course!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

You mean her phylactery must be, because I'm pretty sure Maggie still walks the Earth.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I wish I had a job where I could play a substitute.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oberleutnant posted:

Nah, she can't, the stake went all the way through.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Kegluneq posted:

The privy council?

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

FFS Labour stop doing good things while you're being led by Corbyn, you're making Pissflaps look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

baka kaba posted:

The privy council?

Awww gently caress I totally missed that one.

• Locked thread