Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Renaissance Robot posted:

Haha totally going on my list of drunken Saturday afternoon shenanigans that are funny to me and no one else

It was funny for me over and over in my 20s when I lived by the mall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

PaintVagrant posted:

:lol: Also look at all these closet nerds riding motorcycles to hide their miniature painting shame

You'd have a point, but Clutchpuck owns Buells.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

PaintVagrant posted:

:lol: Also look at all these closet nerds riding motorcycles to hide their miniature painting shame

I'll be honest, I'm a little disappointed model bikes aren't more of a thing so I can try out my horrible paintscheme ideas without breaking the bank. (there are some but only super well known models and vintage stuff)

Time to get going on a plus size homebrew 3d scanner so I can get my zzr printed out at 1:12 scale :awesome:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I paint lots of miniatures and don't ride :smith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

PaintVagrant posted:

I paint lots of miniatures and don't ride :smith:

I ride while my minis don't get painted.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Lol if you think every motorcycle rider ever isn't compensating for something.

Personally it's my addiction to eve online and I don't think it's working

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Gay horsepower is a pretty good forum name

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Me neither but you know I feel pretty good about that, and so should you.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PaintVagrant posted:

Gay horsepower is a pretty good forum name

I think "Raw gay horsepower" is better but I'll take either.

Edit: I still am kinda mad at Sigtrap for never pushing to rename CA to "Leathery Hog Straddlers".

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 19, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ripoff posted:

I think "Raw gay horsepower" is better but I'll take either.

Edit: I still am kinda mad at Sigtrap for never pushing to rename CA to "Leathery Hog Straddlers".

Layer Dan's Leather Bar

TobyLerone
Dec 7, 2003
Sitting is cool.

Chichevache posted:

I get questions about mine all the time. Maybe you just don't look friendly?:shrug:

No, I probably don't. The muzzy megaphone doesn't sound friendly either. Maybe people have been talking all this time and I never heard them? It's pretty raucous. Earplugs are a way of life.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

I ride while my minis don't get painted.

I have found a surprising number of riders, especially guys in MC's are nerds.

I have learned this by the sheer number of people I meet at various bike nights who not only know I ride an Ork warbike, but wanna talk about Warhams more then gears.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Imagine what could have been if Games Workshop wasn't the business equivalent of that homeless guy on the corner yelling obscenities at passer-bys between mouthfuls of wood glue.

Also post pics of your warbike.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

Imagine what could have been if Games Workshop wasn't the business equivalent of that homeless guy on the corner yelling obscenities at passer-bys between mouthfuls of wood glue.

Also post pics of your warbike.

Yeah, I sure as poo poo don't think the current management style of pants-on-the-head; hat-stuffed-up-the-rear end is really working for them. Hard to see or sit.

Anywho, here's the bike before aging.

aaaaand after a bit of aging.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

malal posted:

Yeah, I sure as poo poo don't think the current management style of pants-on-the-head; hat-stuffed-up-the-rear end is really working for them. Hard to see or sit.

"How can be best alienate our fiercely loyal fanbase, all of whom have already posted most of their life savings into buying our sometimes aggressively mediocre and/flawed products?"

"I know! Lets completely change up the rules and structure of our most popular game, and force them buy a ton of new manuals and miniatures!"

Also this:

RIP Necromunda and Gorkamorka. You were too beautiful to live.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The bike's awesome. I loved the dumb ork rules in 2nd and early 3rd edition 40k. :orks101:

For all its dumb simplicity I enjoy the Warhammer lore and I enjoyed playing it in my teens, but the last 15 years or so has just been a complete farce with bad and overpriced models, garbage rules blatantly written to promote new models, and pants on head retarded management that I fully expect will lead to GW getting sold or liquidated before the end of this decade.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yeah, I've been fed up with GW for a long time now. I was never a huge player of their games, but I liked their miniatures.

But some time ago they moved to CAD designs with an aggressive amount of tiny 0.01mm bullshit detail work, instead of hand-sculpted designs, I think they lost a lot of their charm in the process. And then there's the whole finecast debacle.

These days, I much prefer to buy from companies like Reaper Miniatures, who still have a whole bunch of old-school hand-sculpted designs available, that may not have the ultrafine detail of GW's newer stuff, but they more than make up for it with quirky charm.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 21, 2016

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I still just play my Battletech starter set from like 1997 with the plastic unpainted minis, when I play.

Fasa4life

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I play D&D and think you miniatures guys are dorks.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PCOS Bill posted:

I plead no contest.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

I think that the very fact you play D&D shows there's a huge overlap in the bike/nerd Venn diagram.

At least we can all look down on the LARPers.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

malal posted:

Absolutely.

HEMA lyfe :whatup:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

I play D&D but with miniatures so :shrug:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
My kids are always talking to me about Undertale and Homestuck.

Sometimes I play D&D with them over summer break.

In my day, though, nerds watched Star Trek and Quantum Leap. They have no idea who Lt. Cdr. Data is.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

malal posted:

I think that the very fact you play D&D shows there's a huge overlap in the bike/nerd Venn diagram.

You nerd, it's probably more of an overlap in the bike/internet message board Venn diagram.

captainOrbital posted:

In my day, though, nerds watched Star Trek and Quantum Leap. They have no idea who Lt. Cdr. Data is.

:(

36" x 24" oil paint on plywood, commissioned one-off piece. Art nerd :(

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 21, 2016

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

My friends with an interest in motorcycling are the same friends I play Magic: The Gathering and D&D with.

None of us were homecoming king/queens, FWIW.

Edit: I forgot, we also play Artemis.

Fishvilla fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 21, 2016

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Nerds?! On these Something Awful dot com forums?! Why, I never.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

You nerd, it's probably more of an overlap in the bike/internet message board Venn diagram.

:(

36" x 24" oil paint on plywood, commissioned one-off piece. Art nerd :(

Is laforge on the right?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
No that's Guinan.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
And here I thought we were all just a bunch of surly, bad-rear end bikers.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
8-hour Star Wars Saga Edition session on Sunday. Thousands of hours spent playing videogames. Band geek in HS.

But I mean I wrench on and race cars, own a bike, and own/shoot a few neat guns so I guess it balances out?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

Is laforge on the right?

Yeah. Visor.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I paint miniatures but I also work as a guard in a psych ward as well as having sex biweekly. It does not balance out the Warhams. Nothing does.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
EBR is back in business after a year-long shutdown, and Hero still hasn't figured out how to make a bike you can sell in North America.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beach Bum posted:

8-hour Star Wars Saga Edition session on Sunday. Thousands of hours spent playing videogames. Band geek in HS.

But I mean I wrench on and race cars, own a bike, and own/shoot a few neat guns so I guess it balances out?

But the Star Wars trilogy is only a little over 6 hours, what did you do for the rest of it?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

But the Star Wars trilogy is only a little over 6 hours, what did you do for the rest of it?

Even nerdier :v: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saga_Edition

Wookiepedia posted:

Star Wars Saga Edition is the latest and final roleplaying game system released by Wizards of the Coast in 2007 with its production lasting until 2010.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I replaced my starter clutch about two months ago. While I had everything apart, I figured I'd get an oil filter relocation kit, on the V-star classics you have to pull the exhaust pipe and remove the foot pedal to reach it, the kit adds a spin on filter to the front of the frame.

After all the major and minor repairs, I have a small oil leak I need to chase down. It's nothing major, but it's stopping me from taking full-day rides on the weekend.

I haven't gotten to it yet because I needed to get master on all the set dungeons in Diablo III, so I can have 100% on all the challenges in the game. (Not to mention starting my DE army.)

I'm a good nerd and bad biker right now. But hey! Got the last dungeon done this morning, gonna be in the bike shop all day Friday!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ohhhh, okay.

I want to give you all a wedgie.

Edit: Alright you know what, I'll confess. The other night was beautiful and instead of going out riding I stayed in and played ArcheAge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Chichevache posted:

I paint miniatures but I also work as a guard in a psych ward as well as having sex biweekly. It does not balance out the Warhams. Nothing does.

You shouldn't brag about sticking your dick in crazy.