Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Runaways also feels like a really early 2000s concept to me at this point. Not saying you can't update it, but I kinda feel the moment has passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Light Gun Man posted:

Maybe he has to stay in New York a lot because of Avengers business so he gets a lovely apartment and it goes from there and his family is just a thing that exists but he can't go see all the time so they get like maybe an appearance in one episode or something.

Come to think of it, the MCU stuff has really not touched on "sidekicks" or "training my eventual replacement/another hero in my "genre"" type hero stuff at all, has it?

Nah, Clint being a huge man whore is an important thematic element of Fraction's Hawkeye, you could do it, but you lose a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Runaways also feels like a really early 2000s concept to me at this point. Not saying you can't update it, but I kinda feel the moment has passed.

Young Avengers is another one that is slightly dated and the original version doesn't work without Kang and they kind of need to set him up first.

There's all these great concepts that I'd love to see in live action but too many of them just don't fit in the current size and scope of the MCU as of yet.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

Nah, Clint being a huge man whore is an important thematic element of Fraction's Hawkeye, you could do it, but you lose a lot.

Well, at least it'd be an excuse to not have a love subplot! :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm getting a little tired of Charlie Cox's "I was just rescued from drowning" delivery in emotional moments.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

They could go the ultimate route and have Clint's family brutally murdered first.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Daredevil season 2 was great but I was just so bored of all the ninjas by the end. By 13 Matt must have beaten at least 200 of them and they just lost all punch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In the comics, the hand's sheer numbers wear down Daredevil, it's like fighting the ocean itself, every one he knocks down is replaced within a half-second by another one who's also in right in his grill, overwhelming him and not giving him time to breathe.

They didn't.... really do that in the show.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

In the comics, the hand's sheer numbers wear down Daredevil, it's like fighting the ocean itself, every one he knocks down is replaced within a half-second by another one who's also in right in his grill, overwhelming him and not giving him time to breathe.

They didn't.... really do that in the show.
Something felt very off about the rooftop fight. It felt like they fought less than a quarter of the people there. Maybe because they cut out a minigun scene or something winnowing the numbers or something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ufarn posted:

Something felt very off about the rooftop fight. It felt like they fought less than a quarter of the people there. Maybe because they cut out a minigun scene or something winnowing the numbers or something?

Yeah it was really odd. You'd think they'd want to go all out for the big finale but that was the worst fight scene in the entire series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhyno posted:

They could go the ultimate route and have Clint's family brutally murdered first.

I'd really rather they not

just let a superhero have a happy family life for once

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it was really odd. You'd think they'd want to go all out for the big finale but that was the worst fight scene in the entire series.
It felt like an episode of Arrow where the budget had been axed to the point where the actors had to bring their own clothes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/711559096361734144

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

I'd really rather they not

just let a superhero have a happy family life for once

The were created by Whedon, it is their destiny to die horribly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I thought Archie was supposed to be a lovable goober?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Jesus that looks like something out of a skit comedy where they have to do hair and make up cheap and quick so they can change it for the next bit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ufarn posted:

It felt like an episode of Arrow where the budget had been axed to the point where the actors had to bring their own clothes.

When I think of The Hand, I think "attack one at a time like ninjas in a lovely 80s movie".

ufarn
May 30, 2009
This was adorable, be sure to check it out regardless of what you think of LoT

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/710495965161992192

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The last two episodes of DD S2 were just kind of really bizarre in terms of direction. I felt the whole show just kept getting better and better up until that point, after which there was just kind of a large tonal whiplash and it became really goofy.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I love Ray Palmer and whatever but that is a serious fall from grace. Dude goes from playing one of the greatest fictional characters ever to playing off brand Ironman on the CW

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg chael crash posted:

I love Ray Palmer and whatever but that is a serious fall from grace. Dude goes from playing one of the greatest fictional characters ever to playing off brand Ironman on the CW

It's not his fault that Bryan Singer's daddy issues derailed his (Routh's) career.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Superman is a career brick wall for most of the actors playing him anyway, once you play Superman nobody can see you as anybody else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You'd think they would know to just wear glasses in the rest of their roles.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Napoleon Solo worked though. Quite well I thought

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I never knew they did 2 Ultimate Avengers cartoons. I've just watched the first one, they've sanitised it well, having recently read the whole of the ultimate universe run I hope they carry on. I'm eager to see a version of Ultimatium where Magneto drowns New York in 100 mm of water and ruins Wasps new shoes before Blob eats her....birthday cake.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Neither of the Ultimate Avengers cartoons are anything to write home about, but I did like Hulk vs Cap.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Neither of the Ultimate Avengers cartoons are anything to write home about, but I did like Hulk vs Cap.

I liked Hulk making Pym his bitch.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/peeweeherman/status/712012535205998592

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is this his first episode? I thought they cast him back in season 1. Or was that just planning ahead with a family portrait?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Haven't there been one or two comics exploring Penguin's parents and childhood?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUa8Hc_vty4

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Aphrodite posted:

You'd think they would know to just wear glasses in the rest of their roles.

I appreciated this.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I've only seen the pilot, but man Supergirl is a good looking show. I guess it helps that it doesn't have that CW look going on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm only at episode 7 of Daredevil season 2 and I honestly am way more interested in the Punisher stuff than the Elektra stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That is not an uncommon reaction.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bunnyofdoom posted:

Napoleon Solo worked though. Quite well I thought

Yeah, Cavill was a lot of fun in that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Lurdiak posted:

That is not an uncommon reaction.

I've only finished episode 8 (or 9 maybe?) and I agree, but only because the Elektra stuff is ruining Matt's Lawyer job. One of the complaints I had about the first season was it needing more courtroom stuff. Now that we have it, Matt is never there for it and it mostly focuses on him and Karen/Foggy fighting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kingtheninja posted:

I've only finished episode 8 (or 9 maybe?) and I agree, but only because the Elektra stuff is ruining Matt's Lawyer job. One of the complaints I had about the first season was it needing more courtroom stuff. Now that we have it, Matt is never there for it and it mostly focuses on him and Karen/Foggy fighting.

It seems that the lawyer stuff is going to be important to The Defender's team up as Foggy is working for the same firm as Jessica Jones

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CiaraMcAvoy1/status/711200774127284224

Hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I honestly don't get the attraction from Karen to Matt at all. Only finished episode four, but from the pilot till now he's basically done literally nothing from her perspective but be a weird alcoholic recluse who disappears for days at a time, rarely shows up at the office leaving her and foggy to solve all the problems while she desperately asks "Where's Matt?" And when anybody is like "we're broke and have no money" he just wryly smiles and goes and gets some beer. He's a complete douche.

Maybe it's just that his only romantic competition is a human potato? A brave and cool human potato, but a potato nonetheless.