Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Luisfe posted:

I am very bad at the game, is Hell's Chamber a good mod for my Hek shotgun thing? Multishot seems like it would improve it...

YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Luisfe posted:

I am very bad at the game, is Hell's Chamber a good mod for my Hek shotgun thing? Multishot seems like it would improve it...

I hope that space cats have as good a petting animation as space dogs.

So, pet space cat, pull back stump?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
My girlfriend saw me playing this game so she decided to get a whirl. I was tagging along with some of the Vor quest missions and she said "Let's do the assassinate Vor quest, I'm tired of this rear end in a top hat talking to me."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
She'll fit right in.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

My girlfriend saw me playing this game so she decided to get a whirl. I was tagging along with some of the Vor quest missions and she said "Let's do the assassinate Vor quest, I'm tired of this rear end in a top hat talking to me."

You'd better do some Tower 4 stuff real soon then.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

You'd better do some Tower 4 stuff real soon then.

The corrupted bore strikes again

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
My favorite part of Corrupted Vor is that if you insta-gib him, he'll keep banging on and on long after he's been pulverized into a fine red mist. Unintentional comedy at its finest.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Danakir posted:

My favorite part of Corrupted Vor is that if you insta-gib him, he'll keep banging on and on long after he's been pulverized into a fine yellow mist. Unintentional comedy at its finest.

;)

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Oh, I likes.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, pet space cat, pull back stump?

That would work for a belly rub

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Well I guess the DDoS still isn't over, what the loving gently caress.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well I guess the DDoS still isn't over, what the loving gently caress.

Yeah, what the gently caress is going on with this poo poo?

Did the infestation spread from our ships to the servers?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Trying to grind out the Velocitus. :suicide: They're really trying their hardest to make me not like Archwing.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Maybe whoever's doing it thinks that they'll extend the bonuses again because he really needs tellurium

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Rorac posted:

Trying to grind out the Velocitus. :suicide: They're really trying their hardest to make me not like Archwing.

I actually got the velocitus from like a combination of 7-8 lucky runs.

The gun is trash.

But not because its just trash but because arch-wing doesn't support guns that need charge when every enemy is tiny and has add and cannot stop moving.

Maybe its a better experience on pc but on ps4 its trash so far.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Velocitus wrecks Jordas, but that might be it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

SectumSempra posted:

I actually got the velocitus from like a combination of 7-8 lucky runs.

The gun is trash.

But not because its just trash but because arch-wing doesn't support guns that need charge when every enemy is tiny and has add and cannot stop moving.

Maybe its a better experience on pc but on ps4 its trash so far.
i think one of the latest patches embiggened them? This game has too many patches

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Relin posted:

i think one of the latest patches embiggened them? This game has too many patches

I think you may be confusing it with them talking about having larger AW enemies on the most recent devstream.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are there any homing weapons in AW that arent powers? :mad:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SynthOrange posted:

All AW melee weapons technically.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

aegof posted:

It wrecks everything, it's just non-trivial to use because you have to actually aim and lead shots, which takes some practice. If you take a gander at the numbers, Velocitus out-damages every other AW gun by an absurd amount. Take it for a spin on Caelus and one-shot omga and anything else that moves--well, not shielded hellions, because gently caress those things--but everything else.

Of course, it did take a bunch of forma to reach its potential, so if you don't like AW, it's not for you.

SynthOrange posted:

It's not homing, but if you build the Fluctus you can spin around in circles mashing fire and it'll pretty much kill everything since the aoe bar is so drat big.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
What the hell does one even do about shielded hellions? They seem like just total assbutts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I just melee them until they explode but my AW-Melee all have Blast/Corrosive on them, so

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

kafziel posted:

What the hell does one even do about shielded hellions? They seem like just total assbutts.

The stated intent of their design was to make things more dogfight-y by making enemies you had to get behind, but that doesn't actually work because they still turn much too fast. In practice, you either melee them, use a Grattler, or shoot them while they're targeting another player or traveling to a different point.

SectumSempra posted:

The real problem with the Velocitus, and most AW guns that aren't the Imperator, is that it's not hitscan. Why would you make a gamemode that's based on extreme speed at ranges where aiming becomes a pixel hunt, and then make most of the weapons slow-rear end bullet lobbers? Why?

In the Velocitus' case in particular, it's also supposed to be a railgun, so it follows in the non-hitscan footsteps of the non-AW Lanka. Someone at DE has a broken brain and thinks that "magnetic launcher that shoots projectiles at an appreciable percentage of lightspeed" should mean "shoots a bullet slower than any given weak-rear end chemically propelled plinker". :psyduck:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Male Man posted:

Does that mean that Scarab armor doesn't scale with power strength?

Damage and healing per second are affected by Power Strength once you cast the Sacarb Swarm from the armor, it looks like the Scarab Armor its self scales nothing, but Steel Fiber works really well with it, giving you an absurd armor rating.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
:siren::pcgaming::siren: Orokin Catalyst alert on Draco, Ceres for the next hour :siren::pcgaming::siren:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

WebDO posted:

75% off up for grabs

Still available if anyone is looking to get some plat

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

aegof posted:

Bingo. I mostly want it for that. Also getting an Itzal, because after fighting it 3-4 times and getting my poo poo completely kicked in I want some revenge, and to me revenge is best served in the form of dealing several thousand damage per shot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just noticed that there's a small patch of infestation on my ship. What's the deal with that?
Why didn't Ordis clean up? What do I pay him for even?

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Jack Trades posted:

I just noticed that there's a small patch of infestation on my ship. What's the deal with that?

Common misconception; it's not infestation. You did notice there's nowhere to let the dog out in space, right? He'd been holding it all this time...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Coldbird posted:

Common misconception; it's not infestation. You did notice there's nowhere to let the dog out in space, right? He'd been holding it all this time...

My only dog got sent to Lotus for "care", so it can't be that. Unless the bugger hid somewhere on the ship instead.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

It's a visual representation of your file integrity if the automatic check doesn't fix you to delete and reinstall

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

neonbregna posted:

It's a visual representation of your file integrity if the automatic check doesn't fix you to delete and reinstall

I deleted my System32 to fix this and now my Alienware is broken. Halp!

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Next time you visit the relay, maybe you should pick up a mop and some bleach instead of blowing all your ducats on weapon mods. Ordis is trying to teach you to be a responsible shipowner.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I'mma go look around for this infestation. Gonna feed it gruel and make it grow.

Edit: Wow, that's already larger than I expected.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 22, 2016

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I just figured out that you can get a Stalker mark for each of the Hyena pack after I farmed for Loki. 1. This is fuckin hilarious. 2. Best way to mark for Stalker farms!

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

WebDO posted:

Still available if anyone is looking to get some plat

Yep, I'll take this if it's still available. Hit me up on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/SineSineSINE/

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I just bred a new kubrow, got a Chesa.

Good thing, because she, uhh. :stare: She loving lifts, that's for sure.

Edit: :siren: Vauban Systems alert for 45m :siren:

Rorac fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 22, 2016

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Sir I believe you have a bear in your spaceship.

You may want to call someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just unlocked the Atomos, so far it seems like a hilarious and fun weapon.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what elements are worthwhile. With the mods I have, I can boost the fire even further or convert it to radiation.
What makes more sense?