Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fidel Castronaut posted:

When somebody hands me a burger or hotdog with mustard on it, despite specifying no mustard, it takes the bravery of a thousand Trump's at military boarding school for me to smile and consume that thing.

Would you go so far as to say it is your own personal Vietnam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

paranoid randroid posted:

FACT - Donadl Trump puts frenchs yellow mustard on pizza

And eats it with a fork so he can separate the mustard-covered cheese from the crust.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Mayo entering the United States.”

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ted cruz slathers yellow squeeze-bottle mustard all over his greasy poutine, and eats nothing else

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
John Kasich delicately sips olive oil from a snifter

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Actually, this reminds me that Trump has somehow avoided coming off as snooty in most ways. He talks about steaks, not foie gras or some other stereotypical rich people food. He has a private jet and a trophy wife and a gauche aesthetic with gold fixtures and everything but none of his poo poo comes off as high-brow "more refined tastes," whereas John Kerry (speaking of condiments) couldn't shake that poo poo in 2004 and its association with his wealthy upbringing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

condiments are fine. theyre fine.

i put [wacky ingredient] on my [ballpark food]

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Actually, this reminds me that Trump has somehow avoided coming off as snooty in most ways. He talks about steaks, not foie gras or some other stereotypical rich people food. He has a private jet and a trophy wife and a gauche aesthetic with gold fixtures and everything but none of his poo poo comes off as high-brow "more refined tastes," whereas John Kerry (speaking of condiments) couldn't shake that poo poo in 2004 and its association with his wealthy upbringing.

Because it's never really how true it is, it's about the messaging, which Trump has command over.

Remember Swift boat veterans? Romney and the Caddy elevator?

See also: Dukakis.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

TyrantWD posted:

I wouldn't go that far. 90% of Republicans were going to rally around him eventually. He already fills in the blanks in his political thought with bog standard Paul Ryan speak. The only defections will be from the foreign policy hawks, the business wing, and strategists looking at the big picture of 2018 and beyond.

He was supposed to be embarrassed out of the race by the first debate. It didn't work. Now they're talking to him. This would have been unthinkable only a year ago, but it's getting more obvious all the time.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Trump: Mustard
Kasich: Mayo
Rubio: Ketchup
Cruz: Literal poo poo
Carson: Peanut Butter
Jeb!: Avocado

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
actually chris christie is the mustard to trump's A1

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

actually chris christie is the mustard to trump's A1

Oh gently caress I forgot about steak sauces.

God I hate steak sauce so loving much.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Thump! posted:

Carson: Peanut Butter

racist

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dalaram posted:

Because it's never really how true it is, it's about the messaging, which Trump has command over.

It's very easy to sell yourself to the GOP base when you talk like a fifth-grader and don't even try to explain abstract policy positions. Trump was very smart to realize (intentionally or not) that the GOP primary voters don't give a hoot about actual Republican policy, they just want all red meat, all the time, like 8 years of Fox News and Limbaugh under Obama have been giving them.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Dalaram posted:

But they only needed that swift boat smear to last for the general election. Trump has consistently been a person with the tastes of a yokel who makes it rich but he was raised in wealth. But that working-class-guy-who-wins-the-lottery-and-puts-gold-on-everything aesthetic is exactly what's getting him his following.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Fat chickenhawks made fun of Kerry because he won a Silver Star for valor and multiple Purple Hearts. The truth hasn't mattered to these poo poo stains for their entire lives.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Peanut butter makes it hard to talk :colbert:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

mandatory lesbian posted:

i put [wacky ingredient] on my [ballpark food]

the way we do [horrible trash food] in [local region or city] is just the best

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Fidel Castronaut posted:

He talks about his golf courses all the goddamn time, though. (Which is funny, considering how much poo poo Republicans have given Obama for golfing.)

Dalaram posted:

Anyone else see that CNN special yesterday about the Bush/Dukakis race? I thought it was pretty interesting. Dukakis came across as a fundamentally decent guy who was just plain unprepared for the viciousness of the Republicans.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

He talks about his golf courses all the goddamn time, though. (Which is funny, considering how much poo poo Republicans have given Obama for golfing.)

When Trump (or W, I guess) does it, they're just enjoying some well deserved time off.

When Obama does it, however, he's just being lazy.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

The Kerry veteran smears were some sick underhanded poo poo but I'm talking about the rich kid stuff. Kerry was painted as a cultural elitist while Trump gets none of that and I think it's because they are genuinely those things. Kerry strikes me as the kind of guy who can name his favorite composers and go into detail about impressionism and expressionism and correct people who confuse the two. Trump strikes me as the sort of person who has Billy Ray Cyrus on stage because that is what his tastes are. I think Trump legitimately has no interest in high-brow stuff, which is surprising because my idea of people raised in wealth is that they get enculturated into "these are the things that people of your station like."

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, the golf stuff is stereotypical rich guy crap but Tiger Woods' (former) popularity dulled some of that perceived elitism I think.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

The Kerry veteran smears were some sick underhanded poo poo but I'm talking about the rich kid stuff. Kerry was painted as a cultural elitist while Drumpf gets none of that and I think it's because they are genuinely those things. Kerry strikes me as the kind of guy who can name his favorite composers and go into detail about impressionism and expressionism and correct people who confuse the two. Drumpf strikes me as the sort of person who has Billy Ray Cyrus on stage because that is what his tastes are. I think Drumpf legitimately has no interest in high-brow stuff, which is surprising because my idea of people raised in wealth is that they get enculturated into "these are the things that people of your station like."

Yeah, the golf stuff is stereotypical rich guy crap but Tiger Woods' (former) popularity dulled some of that perceived elitism I think.

Trump spent the better part of 3 decades trying to set the tone for how multi-billionaires live the good, luxurious life.

How the gently caress can you be so wrong here?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah..this isn't creepy

quote:

“Dale is from Provo. I met him just a few minutes ago. I want to tell you why I have hope. Dale introduced himself to me. And he didn’t tell me this, his father did. Dale has been fasting without anybody knowing it every Tuesday for the last three weeks for the right outcome in this election. This is the priesthood rising! Prepare for a time of miracles. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is real and he is fierce and these are his rights. Get out on Tuesday and be a part of it. There’s no one on the sidelines.” – Glenn Beck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbWWvHsEiy0&ebc=ANyPxKq-a9VTtUKQ5kajA3drFGfo5pe6iYC2zPGkYyQWojIsFsFLwswDw2GNpKuYGvaBLLGopkQG

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Pander posted:

Trump spent the better part of 3 decades trying to set the tone for how multi-billionaires live the good, luxurious life.

How the gently caress can you be so wrong here?

Again, it's not high-culture stuff. His fans imagine that they also would like to own hot-tubs and limousines and poo poo but those things aren't markers of "refined tastes" like a Rothko painting hanging in your house is. Trump has an MTV Cribs level of taste, which is (again) to say "the tastes of somebody who didn't have money suddenly having money."

How the gently caress can you not understand the difference?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
I mean golfing is something your dumb white dad and his dumb white friends like to do, so :shrug:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Oh my god are you serious.

There's so much fresh ammo coming out lately for Trump, the rapes in Massachusetts, now Mexico literally trying to interfere (but TOTALLY not interfering) with American elections

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Brannock posted:

There's so much fresh ammo coming out lately for Trump, the rapes in Massachusetts, now Mexico literally trying to interfere (but TOTALLY not interfering) with American elections

Doesn't the citizenship process take WAY longer than the few months between now and the election anyway?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh man, theyre holding workshops. quick, everyone poo poo your pants about optics

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Yes, Utah is creepy

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

FACT - Donadl Trump puts frenchs yellow mustard on pizza
You have a crippled mind.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Flobbster posted:

Doesn't the citizenship process take WAY longer than the few months between now and the election anyway?

Whoa yeah you're right, Trump supporters aren't going to be fooled, they'll notice this nuance and it will backfire on Trump big time!!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/status/711950735798304768

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Flobbster posted:

If you're already an eligible green card holder, you could theoretically get citizenship before November, but it would be tight to finalize everything before then.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

the trump tutelage posted:

You have a crippled mind.

please, no joking in the forum for positng hot hitler meltdown optics takes

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Mustard is good but I'm more of a mayo guy myself when it comes to burgin'

DUKE'S mayo of course, none of that Yankee trash like Hellmanns or Kraft

Mustard definitely belongs on dogs though.

NO KETCHUP. If you put ketchup on a 'dog, you're probably the kind of trash person that would like JEB!'s guac "recipe"

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

sincx posted:

If you're already an eligible green card holder, you could theoretically get citizenship before November, but it would be tight to finalize everything before then.

I would have thought that, the ability to affect the outcome of an election aside, people might be in a bit of a hurry to solidify their status as US citizens before the beginning of 2017.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i like horseradish sauce and just put that on most things which require condiments

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I put everything on a dog. All of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

that kids making himself dumber by malnourishing himself..and its cool

• Locked thread