Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
So, I was here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...4197fdb!6m1!1e1
Southbound on 21st Ave.
As you may notice there are some train tracks. First few cars go through the light and backup basically on the tracks, so I stop at the light before the tracks. Woman behind me freaks the gently caress out and starts honking. People are so loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

NoWake posted:

Strange if it was in a parking spot, normal if it was in the fire lane right in front of the doors. A lot of people around me have an entitlement complex where if they're only going to pick up a few things, it's okay to park right at the door.

What, you mean this isn't the park anywhere button?

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

NoWake posted:

Strange if it was in a parking spot, normal if it was in the fire lane right in front of the doors. A lot of people around me have an entitlement complex where if they're only going to pick up a few things, it's okay to park right at the door.

Firetrucks in my area have unceremonicously "rear ended" cars parked in the fire lane if they have to show up for ANY reason, its a dick move but i fully support it.

I have an old picture of one somewhere, but it might have been lost in various hard drive crashes, i hope i cna find it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sometimes, when we're posted at night in a random area of town (like Maryvale in Phoenix), instead of parking directly at our post I'll go to the nearest Fry's/Albertson's/Bashas/etc and have my partner back me right up to the front bumper of whatever jackass is inevitably parked in the fire lane.

We're an ambulance. This spot isn't for you.

Deedle
Oct 17, 2011
before you ask, yes I did inform the DMV of my condition and medication, and I passed the medical and psychological evaluation when I got my license. I've passed them every time I have gone to renew my license.

nm posted:

So, I was here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...4197fdb!6m1!1e1
Southbound on 21st Ave.
As you may notice there are some train tracks. First few cars go through the light and backup basically on the tracks, so I stop at the light before the tracks. Woman behind me freaks the gently caress out and starts honking. People are so loving stupid.
I've basically come to the point where I have accepted that dysphysica is a terrifyingly common disability that both warrants and justifies putting up signs at railway crossings and movable bridges, because people really are that dumb.

A friend of mine is a tram driver, a while ago his tram was rammed pretty much in the middle. The driver of the car told the police they hadn't seen the tram. A loving bright yellow tram, 35 metres long and the better part of 4 metres tall. Needless to say the cop wasn't impressed, suspended the driver's license and put in a notice to the DMV that this person needs to pass a medical and psychological evaluation before getting their license back.

If people can be stupid enough to not see a tram, it's little wonder that they don't understand the forces involved in a collision with a train. How many soccer moms will think that their Discovery Urban Sport is built like an Abrams?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Geirskogul posted:

Sometimes, when we're posted at night in a random area of town (like Maryvale in Phoenix), instead of parking directly at our post I'll go to the nearest Fry's/Albertson's/Bashas/etc and have my partner back me right up to the front bumper of whatever jackass is inevitably parked in the fire lane.

We're an ambulance. This spot isn't for you.

It's a fire lane, not a (privately owned and operated, no less!) ambulance lane.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The difference is, I am awake and in the vehicle, and can move when an actual truck comes up. Also, 1 of my 4 days a week are with PMT in Glendale EMS, which is Glendale Fire. So, 25% of the time, it technically is :colbert:

The other 75% of the time, yeah, I'm being a dumbass with PMT Interfacility. But less of a dumbass than the Altima that's parked there.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Deedle posted:

IHow many soccer moms will think that their Discovery Urban Sport is built like an Abrams?

http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2000-09.html From a long time ago, but your post reminded me of this.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

NoWake posted:

Parked where should be. Just, you know, hazards. :iiam:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

sleepy.eyes posted:

Parked where should be. Just, you know, hazards. :iiam:
I've noticed that in certain countries (seen it from the Japanese and Singaporeans), the "default" for pulling over to stop at the side of the road is to put on the hazards, whereas what I'm used to is people indicating to pull over, and only using the hazards once stopped if you're somewhere you shouldn't be or causing an obstruction.

While what you're describing sounds like it's in a car park and not at the side of the road, maybe they're from somewhere like that and it's just an old habit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best hawksaw roll I've collected has unflinching and high caliber rounds, which isn't a very good roll because it's actually pretty hard to keep the crosshairs on a target due to a lovely recoil pattern but it's fun to watch dudes freak the gently caress out when they get hit because their crosshairs are bouncing all the gently caress over the screen.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

xzzy posted:

The best hawksaw roll I've collected has unflinching and high caliber rounds, which isn't a very good roll because it's actually pretty hard to keep the crosshairs on a target due to a lovely recoil pattern but it's fun to watch dudes freak the gently caress out when they get hit because their crosshairs are bouncing all the gently caress over the screen.

Eh?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You probably should have deduced this was the wrong thread for that post. :buddy:

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
e: Stupid joke didn't make sense in retrospect.

sleepy.eyes fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 20, 2016

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007
Someone that we probably wont be sharing the road with much longer.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

antisodachrist posted:

Someone that we probably wont be sharing the road with much longer.

Is that a monstrously massive double-chin?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

It looks like the passenger's elbow or something.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
He's picking his nose with scissors. :stare:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ratbert90 posted:

He's picking his nose with scissors. :stare:

I see your youth is showing. He's trimming nose hairs.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

I see your youth is showing. He's trimming nose hairs.

Now listen here buddy, I am French and Polish, I have been trimming nose hairs since I was 15. :colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

wolrah posted:

What, you mean this isn't the park anywhere button?

I'll be honest... I park in front of apartments, businesses, etc pretty frequently, and throw on my hazards.

In my defense, I deliver packages (and sometimes meals), so at most I'm only there for a couple of minutes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whoa there, Nelly. This is the thread that says ambulances can't park in fire lanes (even when it's to push out normies already in them).

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

No disabled parking permit + sauntered into the store on two legs. If someone has a permit but walks, or has no permit but pulls crutches out of the back seat or something, whatever. But having neither permit nor visible impairment to walking plus that park job spells "lazy entitled piece of poo poo"

Bonus points: Kept the last cashier past closing because he felt very strongly that whatever the hell he needed to buy at 4:59 cost too much.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Hahaha, what the gently caress man, either take the loving handicap spot OR the no parking zone. Well, ideally, park in a normal spot like a normal human being, but if he insists...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LreWfR_p__M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfWI4AATpjI

I've never wanted to kick someone's balls so hard in my life. Hope this fuckass pulls that kind of poo poo with some Hells Angels one day and gets what he has coming to him

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

What an unmitigated shitheel.

I was gonna say your remark was a bit harsh, but no. He deserves everything done to him, that he did to other people.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

KozmoNaut posted:

What an unmitigated shitheel.

I was gonna say your remark was a bit harsh, but no. He deserves everything done to him, that he did to other people.

Yea, and it wasn't even the first time he's done this poo poo. Dude is a psychopath. Yea, the biker did an illegal move, but you don't loving execute someone for passing on a double line.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Plus you know his bulletproof defense of "it wouldn't have happened it he hadn't crossed a double yellow" applies to him as well, as he crossed the same line to hit the poor bastard.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

kastein posted:

I've never wanted to kick someone's balls so hard in my life. Hope this fuckass pulls that kind of poo poo with some Hells Angels one day and gets what he has coming to him

He's still sitting in jail waiting for trial on two counts of aggravated assault. Considering his priors, refusal to take the court-appointed lawyer, and willingness to make the state's case for them in public interviews, he may never leave.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

kastein posted:

I love how he states that he doesn't deserve all the blame. You know what, you're right. The motorcycle gets .01% of the blame. He should get a $100 fine and you should get a decade in prison.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What an rear end in a top hat, but I'd bet he's hardly one of his kind.

Here's what I discovered on my way to work today:

There's a nice fun little chicane here that I also tend to take a bit faster than normal but somebody clearly overdid it and took out a lamp post. You can see some scratch marks near the curb. It was dry the past couple of days so I have no idea how they managed to do that.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Here in the UK, piece of poo poo who drove at a police officer while fleeing and killed him has just got 20 years.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/21/teenage-car-thief-guilty-of-manslaughter-over-death-of-road-cop-5765286/

quote:

A teenage car thief has been found guilty of the manslaughter of a policeman by mowing him down in a stolen pick-up truck while being chased by other officers.

Clayton Williams, 19, killed Pc Dave Phillips just three weeks after coming out of jail on licence for crashing another stolen car in a police pursuit.
This afternoon he was jailed for 20 years at Manchester Crown Court.
He drove at the 34-year-old officer at around 50mph in the three-ton Mitsubishi L200 truck in what the prosecution alleged was a ‘cowardly and merciless act’.

Pc Phillips, a father of two, was thrown into the air and died almost instantly from ‘catastrophic’ injuries in the incident in Wallasey Dock Link Road, Merseyside, in the early hours of October 5 last year.

Cannabis-addict Williams, who said he had been using the drug since the age of six, admitted his dangerous driving caused Pc Phillips’ death, but maintained he did not intend to injure anyone and only wanted to evade capture and not go back to jail.
The officer had been crouched on the kerbside deploying a tyre-puncturing stinger device to end the 80mph chase when Williams mounted the central reservation and drove at him.

Williams told the jury of nine women and three men that he was trying to drive around the stinger spikes and did not see Pc Phillips until the second before impact. He narrowly missed Pc Phillips’ colleague, Pc Thomas Birkett, 23, and was earlier cleared by the jury of a charge of attempted grievous bodily harm with intent against that officer.
Pursuing police cars radioed ‘Officer down! Officer down!’ and stopped the chase to tend to their colleague who lay dying in the road as Williams vanished into the night.
He dumped the car, showered, burnt his clothes and gave his phone away before he was arrested the next day.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cannabis-addict cop killer :byodood:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

xzzy posted:

Plus you know his bulletproof defense of "it wouldn't have happened it he hadn't crossed a double yellow" applies to him as well, as he crossed the same line to hit the poor bastard.

*stomps feet and points at other guy* "He started it!"

I hope they give him attempted vehicular manslaughter.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

spog posted:

Here in the UK, piece of poo poo who drove at a police officer while fleeing and killed him has just got 20 years.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/21/teenage-car-thief-guilty-of-manslaughter-over-death-of-road-cop-5765286/

God drat. Yellow journalism much?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Safety Dance posted:

God drat. Yellow journalism much?

I could have given a more legit source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35860607

But it's very depressing as it includes lots of quotes from the new widow. Doesn't leave you with a spring in your step.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

Some people have no value and should be disposed of.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

nm posted:

I love how he states that he doesn't deserve all the blame. You know what, you're right. The motorcycle gets .01% of the blame. He should get a $100 fine and you should get a decade in prison.

The motorcyclist got a ticket, but it was dismissed. https://www.gofundme.com/5q6mbheg

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

The Mandingo posted:

The motorcyclist got a ticket, but it was dismissed. https://www.gofundme.com/5q6mbheg

I didn't know about this law. I wonder if it's like that in other states. (minimum speeds in fast zones)

quote:

Just wanted to say, went to court today for my passing in a no passing. AND THE TICKET WAS DISMISSED! Because in Texas, the minimum speed in a 60+ mph zone is 45 mph! He was doing over 10 miles an hour slower than that, which gave me the right to pass him! After everything was reviewed, he was going slower than 35 mph when i attempted to overtake him! So for everyone that has said this was my fault, i caused the accident, the State of Texas does not agree with you! I was following Texas law! I will not stop riding motorcycles! And Debra will not stop riding on the back of my bike with me either! She is healing very well and has been released to return to work, only light duty, and for no more than 4 hours a day! She still cannot lift anything with her right arm and is still looking at a long road of rehabilitation and recovering! We greatly appreciate everyones concerns, prayers, and generosity! Thank everybody that has donated to us! If it was not for you all, our family would be homeless right now without a penny to our name! We're not completely out of the water yet, but we're slowly getting there and i personally owe each and everyone of you all so much more than i could possibly express! God Bless each amd every one of you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Good update. It's kind of ridiculous that guy was going so slowly! I bet he was driving that slowly to aggravate the other drivers around him! Including the motorcyclists! I didn't realize that that would make it legal to pass against a double yellow though! But good to know! I hope that applies to cars as well! Frankly, I'm surprised that old guy wasn't driving a truck! He seems like the kind of guy that needs to feel validated, externally! Just like a lifted, soot-spewing truck would! But I'm glad he's in jail! Given how old he is, I hope he basically stays there until he's an invalid!